Mini Van Rental

glewis1123

<font color=blue>The Tag Fairy says hi to Glenda a
I just checked Alamo rates with my DC card discount and it was over $450 for 7/8 days - Ouch

Anyone else have better discounted rates with access inside MCO/

There's 5 of us - 2 adults and 3 kids all over 5' tall

We're arriving July 19 & departing the 26th

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by glewis1123
I just checked Alamo rates with my DC card discount and it was over $450 for 7/8 days - Ouch

Anyone else have better discounted rates with access inside MCO/

There's 5 of us - 2 adults and 3 kids all over 5' tall

We're arriving July 19 & departing the 26th

Any suggestions?

WOW, that is high! Must be the time of year. I checked for you and got the same at Alamo.

I just checked National with the old DC contract # and a $20 coupon and the grand total was $419.52.

So that only saves you $30.

Good luck!

Wow, that is high! It must be for your dates. We're using National in October, and with our Disney Club coupon we're paying $184.68 for a week (yes, a minivan!!).

I have two reservations, not sure which one I am going to keep, but I have a mini van for 2 weeks and one day 7/9 - 24 and my total is a little over 500. that's with tax and all. I started checking about 2-3 months ago. I haven't seen anything good lately. It seems like that best deals are either with BJ's wholesale code or entertainment. When I go home I will have to check again and i will let you know.

We're at WDW in early August and got a 10 day minivan rental from National for $328 (all in) using the Gold C # and a coupon. I still am looking for a better deal since I have time.

I am having trouble also- from June 29 to July 11 all types of codes or coupons total about $800! What is going on?

I don't know if we are allowed to put codes here -- check out mousesavers.com -- Go to Disney World, then to car rentals -Dollar has a 3 letter code that will get your rate a lot lower. Hope that this helps!!

thanks everyone

no luck with mousesavers

but I'll try the Disney code and let you know

I'm not sure how you feel about L&M Car Rental; there have been mixed reviews on the board about service. However, I used them for a mini-van last Easter and thought they were pretty good.

THe L&M counter agents were friendly enough and didn't push the insurance that their infamous for (I had a copy of my own insurance limits just in case). I received a fairly new Mercury Villager, low miles and clean inside/out. Pick up was simple, right outside to the parking garage and away we went. Return was just as quick.

I checked what your July trip would be and got this -
For 7 Days Rental (7/19-26/2003):
Daily Rate $38.90
Weekly Rate $205.90
Rate Total $205.90
VMLR Fee $18.83
Florida Surcharge 14.35
Airport Access Fee $22.02
Local Tax $15.54

Estimated Total $276.64

HTH, Steve

Originally posted by Carlnne
I am having trouble also- from June 29 to July 11 all types of codes or coupons total about $800! What is going on?

I'm renting during the same time frame (July 2-9) and got a good rate with a 4-letter code from : http://www.pcpages.com/rentalcodes/ . that is good on rentals through December 13th.

I checked your dates and came up with a base rate of $419.98 for your 2 weeks with Dollar.

We used them for out 9 day rental a few weeks ago and they were great. No lines to speak of, no hard sell insurance push, and the van was clean. Our rate for 9 days was only $274 thanks to a 10% off AAA coupon I found on their site.

Thank you Smart Cookie !!!
I used the thread that you provided,
chose the code and booked a full size
from 7/28 - 8/7 for $265.29 total !
( $199/week & $0 x 3 extra days)

Thanks Smart Cookie!

I used that same code for a full size July 20-29 for $260.85 all in.
$199.99/wk & $0 for 2 additional days.

Thanks!
:Pinkbounc

Well, I tried that code also and it wouldn't work. It says through 12-13-03 but I tried it for our Nov 21 to Dec 2 trip and it says:
NO RATES QUALIFY WITH REQUESTED PARAMETERS

:(

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Well, I tried that code also and it wouldn't work. It says through 12-13-03 but I tried it for our Nov 21 to Dec 2 trip and it says:
NO RATES QUALIFY WITH REQUESTED PARAMETERS

:(

I think the problem you are having is you are picking the vehicle up on a friday, the code i used is only good for Sunday - Wednesday pickup only

New codes were posted on mousesavers for minivans with Dollar for 199.99. It worked for my dates 6-29 to 7-11 (2 weeks)- total with tax 505.27. The codes have deadlines and were advertised in the Boston Globe and Chicago Tribune. Good Luck!

Hey Carlnne, you scooped me!!!

The codes work, GLOBE, TRIB are on Mousesaver.

By the way,is ther some unofficial DISBOARDS Convention starting June 29th through July12th, WOW , lot of post for those dates, said company included.

ENJOY!

THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!
:jester: :jester: :jester:

Remember: "The Power of the Messenger"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter