mini review of the Dolphin

madge

... is soaking in it
I posted a quick review a couple of weeks ago about our trip--a combined stay at the CR (North Garden Wing) and the Dolphin. For some reason, I felt a compelling need to post another rave review on that same stay at the Dolphin.

We arrived at the Dolphin on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day) around lunchtime. I didn't expect the room to be ready because of the holiday, but to my surprise it was. We were blocked in room 6084, with a great view of the resort and of the ToT and Mickey's big hat at MGM. We also had a balcony, too :)

Since we have stayed at the S/D several times, we skipped bell services and just carried our stuff upstairs. The crib was set up when we got in the room, a metal one with a great bumper pad.....very safe. there is even a safety checklist to make sure that all is in order. our room was spotless as well. The room was large enough for the 5 of us, even with the crib.

Housekeeping was fantastic, as always. Our room was always clean when we got back for our afternoon break and seemed to be finished with the entire floor, we never heard them while trying to take naps :) I never saw a single room service tray in the hall this trip.....

The pool area was in good shape--one of the areas is being rehabbed, but the further away we got from the workers, we didn't even hear notice. The grotto pool was a crisp 75 degrees, the other pool areas had water temps around 80. We stopped to get a pizza from Tubbi's....also great.

I can't rave enough about the Dolphin--we love the boardwalk area so much. I can't imagine staying anywhere else, except he Swan, LOLOL. The past 2 trips we stayed at the Swan on club level-I did miss seeing Mama T this trip--I never got a chance to take Anna (our 8 month old I was pregnant with our last trip) over to show her off.....maybe next trip

We stayed 4 nights, and was billed correctly on our Visa. I pre-paid the room balance and that wasn't a problem. I also asked to have the resort fee removed and was cheerfully told that it would be fine to do so--she removed it at check-in.

We'll be back next month!

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Madge - You sound like me, I have been so pleasantly surprised with the Dolphin, that I can't say enough great things about the place. Haven't tried the Swan yet, we keep saying we will, but we love the Dolphin so much we just can't pry ourselves away. Can't wait to be back there, only a few more days now (June 25).

Hi madge -- we LOVE the Dolphin but this October are trying the Swan. We're thinking we might prefer the slightly bigger beds as well as smaller hotel. What was the view from the Swan club level rooms? Thanks!

Madge - Great to hear about your wonderful stay at the Dolphin. We always swore by the Swan and I didn't want to stay at the Dolphin because it was so big.

So, we finally stayed there our last visit last month and were we ever impressed. We now like the Dolphin better:) Although the Swan is great, we like the Dolphin just a little bit more:D

I am trying to remember our views from the Swan....I am sure we had a view of the ToT and could see some of the lasers from Fantasmic in one of them, and more than likely we had a similar view both times.

we did miss the bigger beds.....we really noticed it after being at the contemporary for 2 nights. the Dolphin beds were tiny :)

I can't wait until our September trip to the Dolphin. Thanks for the post!

Thanks for the wonderful and descriptive post! I too LOVE the Dolphin, & can hardly wait to arrive there next month. I have stayed on the 6th floor w/balcony (6024), and had the same view (sans the Mickey hat @ MGM for the 100th Celebration). I share your perspective, and can not imagine staying anywhere else...except @ the Dolphin, in the MIDST of the MAGIC! Thanks again...DF99;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter