Mini golf questions

knlasv

Mouseketeer
I see on the MYW page on disneyworld.com that we will be getting a voucher for a free round of mini golf. That is exciting because we were planning on going anyway!
Which course do you prefer? We were thinking about Fantasia Gardens (Fantasia Fairways course) because it says it is more challenging. Any thoughts?
Also, how do we get there from CBR? When looking at a map it looks like we can bus to the Boardwalk then walk through Swan/Dolphin to get there. Is this correct? Or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

Once you're at the Swan/Dolphin, you can just walk across the street to get there. There's a crosswalk and everything. I played there last time I went, but we played the "fun" course there. The fairways side seemed like all green, no fun interactions or anything. This time I am going to try Winter Summerland at Blizzard Beach. For me, mini golf is more about the fun side instead of actually being challenging. I'm not that good at it anyway, so it's challenging enough, :rotfl:!

I mean no offense... but want to make sure you know what the Fairways course is because it is unique. It is sloping hills that feels like a miniaturized real course... not the typical mini golf with walls and obstacles. It is hard because it is long, and you need to be able to understand the hills and slopes. I'm taking my dad to Disney in March, and we are doing the Fairways course. When I did it before with my wife, she was getting frustrated. So it depends on your attitudes and what kind of challenge you want.

Just so you are aware, the free voucher is good for ONE person free.Not your whole party.Not sure if it makes a difference

Yeah I knew it was for only one person. I'm fine with that. Still saves us $12.
So the fairways course is not a challenging version of your typical mini golf? Its more like challenging putting for actual golfers? Just want to make sure because we still want tohave fun with the obstacles without being frustrated because we aren't good putters!

So the fairways course is not a challenging version of your typical mini golf? Its more like challenging putting for actual golfers? Just want to make sure because we still want tohave fun with the obstacles without being frustrated because we aren't good putters!

Exactly - Fairways is miniaturized golf, and the gardens course and both courses at BB are fun obstacle, bobbing clown-head and windwills type mini-golf.

That is correct. The fairways are literally scaled-down versions of real golf courses. There are no obstacles or "standard" mini-golf theming.

I would recommend the other Fantasia Course or Winter Summerland for families. We've done Fantasia and the Christmas side of Winter Summerland (there is a winter and a summer course) and plan to do the summer course in February. PP is correct to get to Fantasia all you need to do is get off the bus at the Swan (normally the first stop on the route) and walk away from the Boardwalk area. You'll get to a street with a crosswalk and the mini-golf is right across the street.

To get to Winter Summerland, get on the Animal Kingdom / Blizzard Beach bus. Get off at Blizzard Beach. You'll have to walk across the parking lot but Winter Summerland is accessible that way.

Have fun!

Does anyone know if there's an AP discount for Winterland/Summerland? We're planning on trying it out this trip (yes already using the 'free' game for one person but a discount for the other 2 would be great!)

And is it crowded on Saturdays?

I believe the AP discount is 50% off per person. I could be wrong.

If you aren't good putters but like the goofy stuff, then Winter/Summerland is the best. Just know that the Winter side is really easy. I'm not a good putter either, but I kept getting holes in one or two. Surprisingly it isn't that much fun if everyone is getting a hole in one.:confused3;)

Yes, it is 50% off for passholders. My wife and I played all 4 courses on our last trip and enjoyed all of them a great deal. Plan to do all 4 this next trip as well.

Thanks for the great responses!
Now I know not to go to fantasia fairways or the winter course!
Any opinions on the summer course or the other fantasia course?

Only done the fairways course which doesn't sound like its for you so can't comment.

But I would add that if you have a car you can drive to the courses. But if relying on Disney transportation, you need to watch the hours of Blizzard Beach to get to and from the winter course.

My husband and I did the fantasia gardens course, and it was so much fun! I think it was my favorite thing that we did the whole trip, and we had an awesome time so that's saying something! It wasn't too easy, but it wasn't too hard either. And I am BAD at mini golf usually. We walked there from the Yacht/Beach Club, where had dinner, and then took a cab back to Coronado when we were done.

I'm coming up to mini golf on my trip report, if you want to check that out in the next couple of days :rolleyes1 .....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43367662#post43367662

We've done both courses at Winter Summerland and love them! Yes, it's more like traditional mini golf, but the kicker is the cute little things that each hole does and the wonderful photo ops. I've taken the pic for our Christmas card there many times! Have fun!!

The first course we ever did was the Fantastia course before we had kids, and then we also did the Winter/Summerland before we had them as well. We have not gone back to Fantasia and won't, but can't miss Winter/Summerland! Its pure Disney fun! Immersion in the disney magic and photo-ops galore! We all suck at mini-golf and don't care. We never keep score. We just go to have fun. Oh, and we do both sides every time. :)

I've taken the pic for our Christmas card there many times!
Same here. :)

About transportation:

W-S is located at BB. You actually don't need to walk across the parking lot; there is an entrance right next to the BB entrance, and then you walk thru the "Winter" course to the starter desk.

When BB is open, just take the AK bus from any resort. Even if BB is not on the bus' marquee, just tell the driver you are going there to play golf. After BB is closed and clear, buses continue to run every 20 minutes to Epcot, so transferring there is an alternative to a taxi. The bus to Epcot runs until W-S closes at 11, and you will be provided a connection to your resort even if Epcot has already closed.

FG is across the street from the Swan. When DHS is open, you can take a bus to DHS and then a boat to the Swan. When DHS is closed, you can transfer buses at DTD. But don't try to go to Epcot -- there is no transportation from the Epcot bus area to the Swan.

We just got back and played both Fantasia Gardens and the Fairways course, both for the first time. They were both a lot of fun! After you pay for one round of mini golf any additional games are 1/2 off for the rest of the day and the next day too, so if you have time you might as well do both or more!

I don't know from experience, but I've read that you can try the Fairways course for a couple of holes and if you don't like it they will let you switch to the Gardens course.

We drove and just parked in their parking lot, but it looked like a close walk to the Swan/Dolphin hotels.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter