Mini golf- best course? Winter Summerland or Fantasia?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by khakismum, Dec 1, 2012.

1. khakismum

khakismum Not all who wander are lost....Hey, where are we g

We are headed down in a couple weeks and I want to get to a mini golf course while there. I'd like to hear opinions on which course you like. I have a course I leaning toward, but I'd like to hear some input from y'all.....annnnnnnnd GO! popcorn::

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bearloch

bearloch DIS Veteran

we like winter summerland better than fantsasy but fantasy has a more advance course if interested in that!

4. Megan Nicole

Megan Nicole Earning My Ears

I have never played at either but this is on the top of my list!

5. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

Love Winter Summerland. Definately NOT a hard course, but 1 where you will never, ever see that hole duplicated somewhere else. I like the winter side best!

6. 44Majestic

44Majestic Earning My Ears

We played at Winter/Summer and at Fantasia. I enjoyed both. However I prefer Fantasia. They actually have two regular mini-golf layouts and also, as previously mentioned, a bit more challenging layout. Also, it is a short walk to Boardwalk and Y&BC, so it is convienient to have lunch or a drink and relax after or before. Enjoy!

7. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Winterland. Fantasia was hot and boring. One of the courses had nothing but greens and extremlu hard. The CM said most people leave halfway through.

8. lollidrop

lollidrop Earning My Ears

My only tip would be that the lines at Fantasia can be longer since most people want to do the 'fun' course. If it's busy, it could be a while. I think W/S is a little more private and I feel like there is more theming. Both are really nicely done though, it's hard to pick a favorite.

9. khakismum

Ok, it sounds like my leaning choice is the one to do, Winter Summerland. Thanks for the input y'all I appreciate it! :thumbsup2

10. mrose75

mrose75 Earning My Ears

We went to Winter Summerland a few weeks ago and my kids lived it. You choose which side you want to go on ( winter or summer), we choose winter since it's Christmas time and it was really fun! We will be back to try summer next time :)

11. missdisney1017

missdisney1017 Earning My Ears

Winter summerland!!

12. LRHOH

LRHOH Earning My Ears

Did all 4 courses in Oct. Definitely like Fantasia Gardens long course the best. Most challenging.

13. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Winter summerland! :thumbsup2

14. khakismum

We did Winter Summerland just last week and really enjoyed it. We did the winter side. I really liked all the "surprises" you get along the course. I think next time we will do the summer side. :-)

15. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

guess we're the "odd" ones (not surprising;)), but we like fantasia gardens much, much more than winter/sumerland.
    FG feels more upbeat, and better kept than WL. we've golfed at WL quite a few times, and something on the course was always broken/nonfunctioning, debris was on the course (candy wrappers, bottle caps, paper, etc), and the CMs appeared bored with their jobs :confused3
    we play minigolf fairly often in WDW (average about 10-15 rounds over 10-11 days). the only bad side of FG is that it gets too crowded for us on fri & sat nights - but the BW is within walking distance for another entertainment option :)