Mine train closed

luvmytwins02

Mouseketeer
The mine train was closed last night and still this morning. Anyone heard what is going on? Also, how will this affect FP+? Everyone will be trying to get back on when it opens!

The mine train was closed last night and still this morning. Anyone heard what is going on? Also, how will this affect FP+? Everyone will be trying to get back on when it opens!

In theory, when a ride closes, all the pre-booked FPs with automatically be re-booked for a later time (or for another attraction if the ride is closed all day), and the guest will be notified via text or email. Not sure if this has been happening or not.

Two weeks ago, when BTMRR closed, our FPs got converted to open FPs where we could do any ride we wanted anytime before park closing. I received an email about it. I can't remember if it showed up in the app or not.

TouringPlans is showing 7DMT open as of 12:14pm Posted 75min.

Doug :goofy:

When we were there last month we had this happen 3 or 4 times for weather or general closures. We got both an email and an MDE notification but the timing of one vs the other didn't seem consistent.

But it definitely came through as a "notification" on MDE.

Two weeks ago, when BTMRR closed, our FPs got converted to open FPs where we could do any ride we wanted anytime before park closing. I received an email about it. I can't remember if it showed up in the app or not.

It isn't any ride you want. There is a list of possibilities where you can use the FP+ or you can save it for when/if the original ride starts running again.

It isn't any ride you want. There is a list of possibilities where you can use the FP+ or you can save it for when/if the original ride starts running again.

I don't remember many restrictions, other than no 7DMT, no meet&greets, no BOG lunch, no Wishes, and it already has to take FP. The list was pretty big. DH and DS did Space Mountain again, and I did POC. But you're right, it was a list.

Looked again at the email. It was more restrictive than I remembered. Here's what I got to replace BTMRR. The choices were definitely decent though.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
Tomorrowland Speedway
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor®
Splash Mountain®
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
Pirates of the Caribbean®
Space Mountain®
Haunted Mansion®

Funny, I was just on the phone minutes ago with Disney's IT dep't about an unrelated matter and this thread came to mind. So I asked - what happens if a ride is down and I can't use my FP? And how do I find out, if I don't use the app, or have e-mail in the park, etc.?

His answer - your Magicband will automatically be given another FP to be used on any attraction. I said great - but you don't actually mean ANY attraction, right? Nope, he replied - any one at all. But - you don't mean even, like, the Anna and Elsa meet and greet? Or Seven Dwarves? Rides that haven't had FPs for months?

Yep, those too, was his answer. Anything at all. Anything you want!

Here's the thing - I KNOW he's wrong. That is not - can't possibly be - true. And what it does is lessen my already shaky confidence in Disney's running of this whole new system.

Guess I'll find out soon enough ...

Back in May '14 I had booked the FP-only M&G for Donald and daisy at AK. A couple of days prior to my trip I got a call that my selection is no longer available and I will get a FP to be used on ANY attraction that day at that park. It worked perfectly- we rode Yeti back to back.

Then in MK the car racing ride was down and I got a similar notification "FP good for ANY attraction that day at that park"

Im hearing alot about this ride being closed (and not for weather related issues).....why can't they get what is essentially a kiddy coaster to work???

Im hearing alot about this ride being closed (and not for weather related issues).....why can't they get what is essentially a kiddy coaster to work???

Because it is so technologically advanced? :confused3 Oh, wait...that is that other ride. :)

Or maybe they can't run it if one of the faces "goes out"?

dwarfblank_zps34fb93cb.jpg

Funny, I was just on the phone minutes ago with Disney's IT dep't about an unrelated matter and this thread came to mind. So I asked - what happens if a ride is down and I can't use my FP? And how do I find out, if I don't use the app, or have e-mail in the park, etc.? His answer - your Magicband will automatically be given another FP to be used on any attraction. I said great - but you don't actually mean ANY attraction, right? Nope, he replied - any one at all. But - you don't mean even, like, the Anna and Elsa meet and greet? Or Seven Dwarves? Rides that haven't had FPs for months? Yep, those too, was his answer. Anything at all. Anything you want! Here's the thing - I KNOW he's wrong. That is not - can't possibly be - true. And what it does is lessen my already shaky confidence in Disney's running of this whole new system. Guess I'll find out soon enough ...

I don't know what's so hard to understand about any ride fastpasses. That's exactly how they work...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't know what's so hard to understand about any ride fastpasses. That's exactly how they work...

That's kind if a snotty answer. Actually, I just had this happen with Space Mountain yesterday, that's not how they work.
It kept going down. The email does not say "any ride". It's for a list of rides. I also got an "any ride" paper FP from The Plaza on Wednesday last week because if a long wait and it was any rides excluded Anna and Elsa and 7DMT. I have an email and a pic of the FP if anyone needs evidence to make it easier to understand.

Well, I suppose it IS pretty easy to understand. I just do not believe it. Thank you for that, though. Very helpful.

You see, as many posters have said on many threads, when they haven't been able to use a FP because of a ride issue, they are given another to use that day from a slate of given attractions - which excludes some, most obviously A&E and 7DMT. Now - who to trust? A guy at IT, or people with actual, real life experience?

And on a practical note - I specifically asked about A&E. He said, yes, you can use the replacement FP there. But how? Word is that attraction is limited to as few as nine FPs an hour. Lets say Space Mountain goes down early for the day - that means literally HUNDREDS of guests with a replacement fastpass, all of whom can now flood the line at A&E? Now, obviously, that is an unlikely scenario, but given how tight availability for that (and 7DMT) is, why would they include that as an option?

I'm not worried about this, as hey, whatever happens, happens. Just pointing out the confusion between guest experiences and an employees explanation.

I think the entire process is just a little irritating. It is just all too much between having to look at your phone and email and be on all forms of communication to just to a ride. The paper fastpasses IMO worked out perfectly fine. Before I get the usual disboards "hate" I am extremely techsavy and young just like most but I do not save all of my money and travel with my family and friends once a year to sit on my phone, I go to have a great time, away from work, where I can relax, talk, and have fun. Having to check an app and or my email is frustrating.

As for riding any ride, it never is as seems but that doesnt completely bother me either I am pretty flexible, I do wish there would just fix the issues with the 7DMT thou so it could have less operational problems.

It's strange. I rode two nights ago (8/18) and around 5pm when we were headed into the park, it said it was down on the app. When we were walking that way around 7pm, I checked the app and it said it was down. We were coming from Tomorrowland so we went to check why it was down and it was up, with a full line at 75 minutes. So I'm thinking the app isn't always right.

No, it isn't how they work. See posts 7-9 on this thread.

I think the entire process is just a little irritating. It is just all too much between having to look at your phone and email and be on all forms of communication to just to a ride. The paper fastpasses IMO worked out perfectly fine.

But how would you know the ride is down with a paper FP? And how would it work on another ride...it would mean the CM at 7DMT would have to trade the 7DMT FP for another so you have to go to the down ride to get it changed, not electronically as you are chilling on Small World.

I just don't see the "win" in have the paper version here...either way, you don't ride. One way, you don't have to go all the way to the down ride to get another choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter