Mine ride construction walls coming down?

Stupid question that I should know the answer to, but what is a soft opening?

A soft opening would be an unadvertised opening where they may run it for short periods of time as a sort of test run. When New Fantasyland was opening, there were "soft openings" a few weeks prior where they opened it in the evenings for a few hours etc.

No fair! I was there this weekend. Too late for PUSH and too early for this :(

A soft opening would be an unadvertised opening where they may run it for short periods of time as a sort of test run. When New Fantasyland was opening, there were "soft openings" a few weeks prior where they opened it in the evenings for a few hours etc.

Makes sense, thanks.

I am there late April and hoping to ride it as this might be our last trip for awhile as our kids are getting older and we pull them from school usually...

I can't wait to ride this in August! My friend is going next week and he was already planning on going to the Magic Kingdom the day it opens.

Yay! I recently wrote this off of our mid-March plans after hearing all of the "Easter opening" talk but will be cautiously optimistic for it to be open while we are there.

earlier today I read (somewhere, not sure which site now) that there will likely be soft openings in late February, early March. We were at MK for the soft opening of Dumbo and it opened a couple of weeks afterwards 'officially' so I'm figuring SDMT should be fully open by mid-march, don't you think?

The ride itself should be fun, but once it is running, the whole area is going to be a lot more exciting to be around.

Thanks for posting the pics!! Very exciting!! Fingers crossed they start doing soft openings! We leave in about 2 weeks! ;)

Aghhhh!!! Trying not to get my hopes up for late Feb/early March soft openings. My last day 3/10 will be a MK day, which means I will be "stalking" FL all day if there is even an inkling that they may open it up!!!

Another with a late March trip who had completely given up on being able to ride this!! Now it seems at least possible!! :dance3:

There would have to be a sinkhole opening up under the ride for it to not be open in September.
I was going to tell a Horizons joke, but I figured I already drive a lot of people crazy here
I'm less than 3 weeks as well and I sure wish it would open. I keep checking FP+ to see if it shows up on the list.
I hope it soft opens that fast too! But if it does, Fastpass won't be implemented until grand opening, from everything I saw in the past soft openings did not include fastpass

I'm glad to see the wall down. When we went in June 2013 we got to see the ride cars being worked on in the backstage tour, so it will be neat to see it up and running next time we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter