mindflex game?

suzct

<font color=darkgreen>Obviously,I need simple inst
I just got over the zhu zhu mania. Am I going to have just as much trouble finding this? Any suggestions?
Thanks

The Walmart managers around here said there was an email that came out that basically said they are gone for the year. Target issued rainchecks when they had them on sale before Thanksgiving...for awhile you could check their website and it would show you which stores had availability. They've taken that off now, so you'll have to just call and find out when they get trucks in. Same with Toys R Us. I called one night last week, they said they were expecting a truck overnight but they didn't know what was on it. I called before the store opened the next morning and they said they had only gotten a few in. Dropped the kids off at school and was there when the doors opened (along with all the folks looking for zhu-zhu pets--LOL) The had them at customer service--didn't even put them on the shelves. There were only 2 and I got 1. Thinking back, I probably should have bought the second one and resold it...maybe I could have paid for a few more presents that way. heehee I couldn't believe how much they are selling for on ebay. Wish I would have thought to get one before Thanksgiving when they were on sale, but whaddya do?! Actually, this isn't even coming from us--grandpa will be the hero. ;)

Good luck in your search!

I actually just got one this past Sunday at Toys R Us. Luckily my cousin was there and in line by 5 am to get Zhu Zhu Pets and they said that they had 2 Mindflex games that arrived on the truck and he picked one up for me. Glad I mentioned to him that my kids are wanting one! My point is, there's still hope. You just might have to go get in line in the wee hours of the morning to get it. Oh, the things we do for our children - wouldn't have it any other way! :santa:

Ebay will cost you an arm & leg! A few weeks ago I went to Target on a Monday morning and they had just gotten a few on their morning truck. Just keep stopping in and checking. It's really just luck of the draw. They are really hard to come by. Target's price was $69.99

Yeah, there is hope, but it will be exausting. You can sign up for Wiialerts.com and Zooalert.com and get notified when an online retailer has them in stock, but I have been signed up since before thanksgiving and got on alert they were in stock, but by the time I logged in it was gone already, since then, no alerts. they just aren't coming in stock.

Make a list of all your local retailers that might carry them, Best Buy, TRU, Target, Walmart....all the ones within the distance you are willng to drive to with their phone number and every morning early, call and ask if they got any in. Sometimes the person you get isn't at all helpful, and other times they try and help you out. I did this every day and finally just happened to hit a TRU that the girl who answered said "I just opened a box and we have 1" she said she was not allowed to hold it, but that if I was on my way over she would try to delay putting it on the shelf for 20 minutes while she was doing other things. Ths is the farthest TRU away from me, so I almost had a heart attack trying to get there in 20 minutes in the rain, but I got there in 19. I walked in and there it was waiting at the front counter. I was so relieved I was shaking. The stores are getting them infrequently and in one and twos at the most. You just have to be incredibly persistant.

I never would have thought Mind Flex would have been a "hot item". My DS ask for this every time the commercial came on. I got one back in the beginning of Nov. at TRU they had 3 in the storage area.

A friend of mine has been going nuts looking for one, TRU, Walmart, K-mart all told her they are not getting any until Feb. or March.

I have a feeling this is something my DS will play with a couple of times and that is it!

Look at You tube for this. A teen hooked this up to a wet sponge and it worked with him not even in the same room.

I would not waste my money on this ($100 :scared1:). My DS had put this on his wish list so I did some research. From what I read, the game does not work by brain power (obviously, but I still wanted to read it for myself). One person tested it by putting putting the headset on his fists instead of his head and it still made the ball float. It's actually just making a closed circuit.

I think it would be fun for about 5 minutes. Then it would become an expensive dust collector in my house. Just a waste of 100 bucks.

I think it would be fun for about 5 minutes. Then it would become an expensive dust collector in my house. Just a waste of 100 bucks.

That's kind of what I had thought. But, I remember in years past when my mom would ask what the kids wanted for Christmas there would always be something like that on the list. I would tell her I didn't think it was worth the money, but she would explain that 'that's what Christmas is about--you get what you're really wanting.' So, I'd *let* mom and dad *waste* their money on those things. My mom passed away unexpectedly last year, but I could still hear her saying that as I looked over the kids' Christmas lists this year. So, dad can give it to them and I can imagine how proud my mom would be of me for letting him waste money on it and making my kids' Christmas special. (And then it can become an expensive dust collector! :rotfl:)

Continued wishes for good luck on your quest. I hope you can find one and I hope you keep your receipt so if it gets back in stock and then clearanced out after the holidays you can return the more expensive one. ;)

I ordered mine directly form mattel.com sometime in early to mid november...I'm not sure what their stock is like now though....

That's kind of what I had thought. But, I remember in years past when my mom would ask what the kids wanted for Christmas there would always be something like that on the list. I would tell her I didn't think it was worth the money, but she would explain that 'that's what Christmas is about--you get what you're really wanting.' So, I'd *let* mom and dad *waste* their money on those things. My mom passed away unexpectedly last year, but I could still hear her saying that as I looked over the kids' Christmas lists this year. So, dad can give it to them and I can imagine how proud my mom would be of me for letting him waste money on it and making my kids' Christmas special. (And then it can become an expensive dust collector! :rotfl:)

Continued wishes for good luck on your quest. I hope you can find one and I hope you keep your receipt so if it gets back in stock and then clearanced out after the holidays you can return the more expensive one. ;)

I have made that mistake in the past of buying things for the kids that I KNEW they'd get 5 min. of joy out of, but have finally come to a place in my life where I can say, "It's OK if I don't buy this piece of junk" so I don't have to kick myself a week later when the kids don't play with it even though they INSISTED that this was their must have item. Instead I now stick with the things I feel they at least have a shot at enjoying for longer than 5 min. I'll bet this contraption ends up on the thread here that gets posted a week after Christmas asking about which toys were the hits and misses. My guess this one will be a miss. How long can you sit and really enjoy staring at a floating ball, anyway? Just seems like it would get old real fast.

The kids on our News segment showed that it worked on a balloon.... http://www.11alive.com/news/local/try_it/story.aspx?storyid=138213&catid=292

The MindFlex game is supposed to read your brain waves and levitate a foam ball around the board. We have a group of 10 year-olds check it out in a Try It Before You Buy It review.

Every year there always seems to be a toy that takes the country by storm. The MindFlex appears to be one of these. The TV commercial says it is the game of the future. Parents are apparently scrambling to get one. While it retails for $100, we have seen it for sell for almost twice that. We managed to find one for $90.

Ten year old Remi Hilton and some friends helped us see if the game is worth the money. They couldn't contain their excitement as they opened the box. The game comes with a console base, a head set, foam balls and various obstacles to attach to the board. It requires 4 C batteries for the board and 2 AAA batteries for the headset. The game says it is for kids eight years old and up.

Remi positioned the headset on her head and attached the clips to her ear lobes to begin the game. The console fired up and the foam ball began to rise. "Sweet," Remi exclaimed. The mouths of her friends dropped in disbelief. It's actually a fan that makes the ball float but the blower is supposed to be controlled by your mind. Remi practiced concentrating to make the ball rise and relaxing to let it drop.

Remi felt like she really was controlling the game with her mind and was having a great time. With practice, she was moving the ball through various obstacles. Her friend would cheer and clap each time the ball went through a hoop or jumped across the board.

The headset's metal probe does get uncomfortable after a while. "It hurts right here," Remi complained. It even left a mark on her forehead. Still Remi and her friends were loving the game.

After playing the MindFlex for about an hour, Remi and her friends conducted an experiment to see if it really was all that it claimed. So they created George, a balloon with a damp shammy for hair. The kids put the headset on balloon boy and attached the clips and guess what? The balloon was able to make the ball rise. "He's like super balloon," Remi said. "It's really high concentration level and he has no brain."

Remi's opinion of the MindFlex changed. "I think it's phony baloney," she said. So for these fifth graders is it Mindflex or never mind? "For the MindFlex we voted" Remi said. "Two thumbs down," everyone yelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter