Mind what you have learned. Save you it can. - Rebel Challenge TR Jan 2016 - Completed!

What a great gift! You two will definitely put it to good use. I see someone else in the picture checking it out as well. Hehe.

I'm in E too! It sucks. I was about 40 numbers away from D. *womp* *womp* We'll just have to get there early, like you said.

You snuck in while I was updating! I'm excited for the new luggage as its the higher end Samsonite stuff that I would never pay the money for but will gladly take if someone else does. She even got us something funky colored so it can be easily seen in the mass of black & navy blue luggage you usually see at most baggage claims! My cocker spaniel was not a fan of this new gift as I think he knows it means he'll be boarded soon ;)

Our numbers must be really close together. Say hi if you see me in the front of the corral!

December Update

Here is my log for December:
Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 11.43.52 AM.png

December Miles Ran: 45.32 miles
Total 2015 Miles Ran: 317.21 miles

Thinking about the past year, my total milage for someone that completed 2 challenge weekends in 2015 + training for Rebel Challenge + Glass Slipper + Dark Side Challenge - my total mileage is really low. I guess we'll see what it is next year! Surprisingly, I didn't gain any weight this month & actually ended up down about 3 pounds despite all the holiday events & enjoying myself. I'll take it! I am ending 2015 feeling better about myself even if I'm slow. I know at least I have the endurance needed.

December had a lot more rest days than I had originally planned on when originally scheduling my month. Unexpected travel for work (which at least got a free WDW evening out of it)

So here are all my highlights for December for everyone not following my instagram:

b1ZE8zS.jpg

Star Wars Advent Calendar

L2yIRzg.jpg

Toy Soldiers at Hollywood Studios in midst of work trip

TsZGoOW.jpg

Star Wars Launch Bay

4QE8WdF.jpg

Got A Spare $2.5K for this?

yg96JvS.jpg

BB-8 Cupcake - Lemon!

anhkekW.jpg

Holidays Around The World

bN1hn5p.jpg

Visit w/ Goofy

7U25Hhx.jpg
dD4AHZj.jpg

2nd Place @ Ugly Sweater Party

UavQlwg.jpg

Hosted Game Night (Cards Against Humanity)

ekFfQge.jpg
pNLcaDj.jpg

ASQ Holiday Party

Nk1O5Ot.jpg
ruH1l3P.jpg
aCDQt8q.jpg

Restaurant Week Photos (Sea Salt, Cafe Lurcat, Baleen)

ASAYLge.jpg

Sparkling Wine for Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

9UC4UMS.jpg

Cupcakes For Husband's Birthday

Your December looked pretty good! Its almost impossible to not miss runs near the holidays I think. You definitely have the endurance for the challenge! I hope you enjoy yourself more than you did last year! Congrats on losing 3lbs! I'm still avoiding the scale since Christmas. I'm positive I went the wrong direction. Oh well. Our training is done and its almost time to go! I'll say hi if I see you!

Likewise! :)

ETA: Congrats on the 3lbs!!!

Thank you! It's almost time!

Your December looked pretty good! Its almost impossible to not miss runs near the holidays I think. You definitely have the endurance for the challenge! I hope you enjoy yourself more than you did last year! Congrats on losing 3lbs! I'm still avoiding the scale since Christmas. I'm positive I went the wrong direction. Oh well. Our training is done and its almost time to go! I'll say hi if I see you!

I'm glad I at least kept up with doing stuff more than what I did last year, although I think not spraining my ankle or getting the flu helps on that! I'm hoping it goes better as well - mentally I am in a much better place and hopefully the weather stays nice & dry! I wish I could avoid the scale but I just can't seem to allow myself to skip it. I think gain is just part of the holidays as my husband totally gained some. (I know I'll be gaining during Disneyland next week!)

Yay for our training being done!

Please do say hi if you see me! Always good to meet people in person :)

Training Until Heading To California

Once the new year started, I started being much better about my water intake each day. With the races only 2 weeks away, I wanted to make sure I was drinking at least 80 ounces a day, if not more! I also wasn’t allowing myself to drink any alcohol until I got to Disneyland.

Friday, January 1st
Plan: Rest
Actual: 5 Miles RC Training

At the end of 2015, my husband & I got to deal with the lovely fact that our compressor for our Air Conditioner died thanks to the fan motor seizing which then killed the compressor’s motor. Thanks to the holidays, we are without AC until Saturday. I planned on being not home a reasonable amount. I didn’t get home until almost 1AM from going out to a local Mexican restaurant, MASA, with 2 girlfriends & their mother & aunt.

d1tvGBP.jpg

When I did finally wake up, my dogs were content on stealing all the fans from me.

DXZIabm.jpg

I decided to move my training ahead a day from plan so that I could go to the gym where it was at least cooler than my house. The run went decent. I ended with still having energy as well!

be9j6Po.png

The best part of the run though was after by getting a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie afterwards as it just opened next to the gym. Strawberries, Bananas and Whey Protein were the perfect ending.

Nnb1AwZ.jpg

Saturday, January 2nd
Plan: 5 Miles RC Training
Actual: 10 Miles @ 14:36 Overall Pace

Today was the day my air conditioner was going to get fixed! The person was to be out in the afternoon so I figured I was safe to head to the gym a little before 9AM to get my 12 to 14 miles done. I was about halfway through my 2nd 5K when I got the phone call from the guy that he was on his way over! I quickly left the gym so I could lock up the dogs prior to his arrival. This took about 2 hours for him to replace the outside compressor. After he was gone, I headed back to the gym but it was already early afternoon. I made it enough miles to get 10 miles total in and then I called it quits. It was 2:00PM and I was STARVING! All I had in my stomach was 2 Salted Watermelon GUs and about a cup of chocolate milk (I had when I got home from gym visit #1.) Not enough for the 1500 calories I had just burned. Luckily, Tropical Smoothie is next door so I quickly had a chicken caesar wrap and a smoothie with protein added in so I could have something in my stomach. This was a good choice! Last long run done before Rebel Challenge. I’m officially in taper now :)

uCmo33D.png

Sunday, January 3rd
Plan: 12 to 14 Miles RC Training
Actual: 45 Minutes Hatha Yoga

I figured my yoga class at my gym this morning would be a good stretch out after the runs the previous 3 days. This would have been great except the teacher didn’t show up. (The old teacher was let go & the new teacher is supposed to start next Sunday & no one coordinated to find a sub I guess at the gym) Someone decided to lead the class but it wasn’t the best workout/stretch as she was really unprepared to do so but it was better than nothing!

Monday, January 4th
Plan: 60 Minutes Yoga
Actual: 1.35 Miles Walk/Little Run

Today was my first day back at work since December 23rd. That is always a downer. I had received my Garmin Forerunner 225 in the mail on Saturday and I wanted to try it out.

eSVOV91.png

The problem was that my back started cramping up while running. I’ve never had lower back issues. My husband thinks it is because I was sitting at a desk all day for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Hopefully it gets worked out at yoga tomorrow.

Tuesday, January 5th
Plan: 30 to 45 Minutes RC Training
Actual: 60 Minutes Yoga Body Sculpt

After back continued to have problems all day with cramps at work. I was very happy when I went to my yoga class & the teacher focused on hip openers & twists! It definitely helped my back some and it was a good stretch after all the long distance running. This was still a hard class and totally a work out.

Wednesday, January 6th
Plan: 60 Minutes Yoga
Actual: 60 Minutes Hatha Yoga

Earlier this week I had thought I would have this day be a run day instead. I changed my mind when I got home at work and I was still feeling tight in my lower back. Luckily the yoga at my gym on Wednesday Nights is a Hatha Class. This super gentle flow totally worked on loosening me up! I came home and also took a hot bath with epsom salts. I hoped it would make it so that I could run the next day.

Thursday, January 7th
Actual: Nothing

I was scared to run when I got home from work as I was nervous about my back. I decided to skip it. I did however have a Bunco night with some girlfriends which was enjoyable.

Friday, January 8th
Actual: 1.35 Mile Outdoor Run @ 14:58 Pace

Today was my Friday off from work so I slept in and when I woke up, I decided I should be good and go for a run up and down my street. It was successful with my intervals & I felt good when I finished. I probably could have gone farther but I did not want to tempt fate.

Saturday, January 9th
Plan: 4 Miles RC Training
Actual: 4 Miles Treadmill Run @ 14:44 Pace + 60 Minutes Yoga Body Sculpt

I felt good when I woke up so I decided to complete my 4 miles today instead of pushing it out to tomorrow! The 4 miles went really well and I felt energized afterwards and got through all 60 minutes of power yoga with ease as well.

I also completely finished packing for myself for this trip! My suitcase weighs 47 pounds but 5 pounds of that are epsom salts and probably another pound or so of GUs/Jolly Ranchers for both my husband & myself. I wanted to make sure I have weight space for the trip home! My husband hasn’t started but he has off all day Monday & will do so then. My sparkle skirt arrived for my BB-8 outfit as well!

09mcAYC.jpg

CBG0aze.jpg

BB-8 Sparkle Skirt

Sunday, January 10th
Actual: 60 Minutes Hatha Yoga

I had a 90 minute massage with my favorite therapist at Massage Envy. She was able to work out any last minute knots in my body and focused a decent portion on my legs/gluts/ankles. I couldn’t believe how tight I was in my shins!

Monday, January 11th
Actual: Rest

As I am posting this on Sunday - I’m admitting I’m going to be lazy on Monday. Thanks to a debacle that is Ashley’s Furniture - I have to make sure I’m home from 5PM to Midnight to ensure the delivery gets done correctly after the disaster it was on Saturday.

Last edited:

Indulgent Travels

I left work at noon and headed home. My husband had already dropped the dogs off at the kennel earlier that morning & fully cleaned the house! That man is awesome :) We decided to take my car to the airport so we loaded up our luggage and hit the road to Fort Myers! We had previously paid for tickets that included us each getting 1 luggage allowance and Group 1 Boarding so check in was a breeze & it was nice to not have to pay that cost now. The terminal for American Airlines has awful food choices - only The Great American Bagel Company - which did not sound like a good lunch to me so we traveled down the main terminal and ended up at Nathan’s Hotdogs as that pretty much was the easy fast food option. Not the best food but it was quick and at least filling enough. Shaun enjoyed his Chili Cheese Dog and I enjoyed my Cheese Dog but we both weren’t fans of the fries and most of those ended up in the trash. The fries weren’t crispy enough to hold all the cheese! I looked at my husband and said - somehow we are going to get BBQ in Dallas as I miss good BBQ (its the only thing I miss from our years in Georgia)

LK4uKVx.jpg

Chili Cheese Dog

J7MH9EV.jpg

Cheese Fries & Cheese Dog

We headed to our terminal where we got sniffed by dogs and then told not to take off our shoes, remove the laptop or take off our jackets as we went through the old school metal scanner. My husband and I just looked at each other as that is so different than the way air travel has trained us to be. Its way too engrained in us to not do that!

Our flight wasn’t boarding until 2:30PM and we still had about 45 minutes to kill until then. My husband mentioned he wanted a drink to relax (he hates air travel) so we headed to Casa Bacardi inside the terminal to have a drink at the bar. He went with a standard Angry Orchard and I had a Bacardi Limon Sunrise which was strong enough to make me feel it a bit!

AjaCVIu.jpg

xusH6Es.jpg

Bacardi Limon Sunrise

dUUGJpt.jpg

Angry Orchard

Our flight boarded and took off a little early so we ended up arriving to Dallas about 20 minutes earlier than scheduled! We also lucked out that our flight to Orange County was in the same terminal a couple of gates over as the one we arrived in! That made us happy. Once off the plane, I had a plan to look for a BBQ Place which luckily wasn’t too far of a walk from the map. We realized we had actually eaten here before in 2012 when we went to San Diego with my husband’s work.

GhKNggR.jpg

The Salt Lick

For dinner, my husband said he wasn’t hungry and would just share my sides if I got the platter so he would only order a sandwich. I was the one who ordered smart and had Pulled Pork but he ordered the Smoked Turkey Sandwich which he didn’t enjoy. He figured it would be sliced turkey but it was really turkey sausage which was bleh. He also wasn’t a fan of the baked beans he made me get as a side. I was super happy with my pulled pork! The cole slaw wasn’t overdressed and the french fries were crispy.

WAQEe6I.jpg

Smoked Turkey Sandwich

4U9Nz71.jpg

Pulled Pork Platter w/ Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, and French Fries

We headed to the gate for our flight and I had to deal with some work email issues (thank goodness for Free Wi-Fi!) but I’m hoping it won’t be a theme for the trip. Like many places in America, you get so lean on people, that it ends up hurting when someone is on vacation, especially when that person is as awesome as me ;)

Our flight to Orange County boarded early as well! We landed 30 minutes prior to scheduled arrival which was great! We got our luggage and caught a taxi to Disneyland - Grand Californian! The taxi with tip was about $54 so not too bad!

FVOCc8k.jpg

Grand Californian Entrance

Check In was a breeze! We got our room number & were happy to see our request for a King Bed was granted on our standard view room (I’ll be able to see all the corrals on race day from this room!) and began unpacking to start our week! When I was getting my massage on Sunday, my therapist and I called it on my luggage getting searched by the TSA as I had a 4 Pound Bag of Epsom Salts, The Stick (to ensure loose muscles), a foot massager stick, countless gus, charging cords, etc. I bursted out laughing (and was slightly amazed at the organizing they did when they repacked my luggage)

DQ4il8X.jpg

Turn Down

sbiJrcM.jpg

TSA Message

I wasn’t tired after unpacking and wanted something to eat along with something to drink. I actually told my husband I was going to head to Trader Sam’s but he said he was hungry and thirsty as well. He didn’t want to walk all that way as he was tired. We agreed to go downstairs to the Lounge to see what we could come up with. The service was pretty much awful. I actually had ordered the Glow Tini and ended up with the Magical Starr Cocktail but I wasn’t going to complain as I do like that drink as well. The food took forever to arrive and when a food runner finally brought us our food - it was definitely cold as it seemed it was sitting on the line for a while. My husband and I did split the 4 ribs and were happy with the flavors there but agreed they would be better if served warm. I had to get another server to get us our bill as she pretty much disappeared. Oh Well!

m89DNkm.jpg

Hearthstone Lounge

fWbPqpL.jpg

Magical Diamond Cocktail & Angry Orchard

X1AMNh7.jpg

Asian Spare Ribs

We went across the way to the store to pick up water for the room and I got the cutest Star Wars Pin :)

mfrT0NV.jpg

We headed back to the room by 9:45PM and pretty much quickly passed out.​

Early Rising

Despite having gone to bed dead tired and sleeping like a rock, I woke up around 5AM. My husband was still dead asleep so I put on a jacket and headed to the balcony of the room to play on my computer to kill the time.

Mb4nJn3.jpg

Eventually, my feet were frozen and I only lasted about an hour outside. My husband was still asleep so I just read the kindle on the couch for a time until I realized he had woken up and was starting to be silly after he turned the light on.

2QMWGdJ.jpg

We were dressed and ready to go at like 7:00AM but the extra magic hour for California Adventure didn’t even start until 9AM so we bided the time on our computers until about 8:15AM when we walked over to the front gates and we were only one group behind the front!

utjiueV.jpg

A1fBRY8.jpg

At 8:45AM, they let us inside and we got to wait again at the main hub until 9AM when they let us go towards Radiator Springs so we could go on the Racers. We didn’t have long until we were racing through Radiator Springs where we won!

0DzDpjs.jpg

8nQafiT.jpg

Ll2FiAB.jpg

O6hU4HX.jpg

aOcJeYJ.jpg

f8vy7sJ.jpg

Our next stop was Paradise Pier to go on our favorite roller coaster as they had no wait!

NTCVPEI.jpg

Dn3S8WQ.jpg

yg7QpG2.jpg

Once we were off the roller coaster, my head was hurting a bit and figured I needed something small to eat and a caffeinated beverage! My husband decided to do the same thing. Neither of us went really healthy with our choices but we both were happy! That brownie my husband had was huge!

eyALSen.jpg

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake Pop!

ZYUPnNN.jpg

Grand Caramel Macchiato & Brownie

We were ready to be out of the park shortly after 10AM to head over to Disneyland!​

Seasons of The Force

After we finished our breakfast desserts, we headed straight over to Disneyland and went right into Tomorrowland. I had a feeling that this would be the best day for us to enjoy the Seasons of the Force overlays before more of the race weekend crowds showed up. We picked up fastpasses for Star Tours.

ljb4Uz5.jpg

First on our list was Hyperspace Mountain which had about a 20 minute wait.

caPI6WK.jpg

aj4wtvB.jpg

Worst Photo of The Day

When we got off of the ride, @Tankgirl was waiting outside the exit so we got to chat a bit until it was time to use our passes for Star Tours. She declined joining for us for lunch and told us to message her afterwards. The new Star Tours scenes are awesome! I had seen them at Hollywood Studios in December but my husband had not. I’m such a fan of BB8!

It was close to the time for our lunch at Cafe Orleans so we walked over to New Orleans Square while also picking up on fastpasses for Indiana Jones as the time was perfect for right after lunch! We were immediately seated.

vEVuSEp.jpg

Menu

Both my husband & I started with the French Onion Soup. It was perfectly cheesy with a great onion flavor throughout!

APOWRG5.jpg

French Onion Soup

My husband went with the Pommes Frites for his lunch as he wasn’t that hungry. He loved these as well! The parmesan and garlic on top were super flavorful and the fries were super crisp (I totally stole some!) He was able to eat about half until he threw in the towel.

IjGV1E9.jpg

Pommes Frites

I made the unhealthy choice of the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo filled with mozzarella, double creamed brie and swiss. The sandwich was good but after the first triangle, it hit my stomach like a brick. I was able to eat some of the inside ignoring the edges of a 2nd triangle until I was in fried bad food overload and finished off the grapes on the plate instead. I felt bad wasting that much food but I knew I wasn’t willing to make myself sick to finish it.

uQJDJyB.jpg

Three-Cheese Monte Cristo

We explored a bit of New Orleans Square, killing the time until it was good for our fastpass, looking around the Haunted Mansion since its been closed each year when we visit!

of8P2al.jpg

QU5sn41.jpg

It was time to visit Indy where I pulled the rope!

ZGhshZN.jpg

tAw5iD6.jpg

We texted @Tankgirl and let her know we were heading into Star Wars Launch Bay if she wanted to join us! She said she would be on her way and we enjoyed exploring with her!

481393U.jpg

rHrZEeB.jpg

vj1o0Xp.jpg

h6TKDDb.jpg

Y2Kdg5x.jpg

KYG3qCe.jpg

7c2pAsY.jpg

PveWNNF.jpg

hOFFGFj.jpg

5yqOS7p.jpg

We visited Chewie & Darth Vader! Vader did not like my jacket.

646SYpp.jpg

9gHgoEc.jpg

J3rsfrJ.jpg

Cool you guys took the time to do the meet and greets! You look like locals all bundled up and such!

I hope your races went well today if you had them!

We normally split the soup, pomme frites and a regular sandwich, the one with ham and turkey between two of us and still take home leftovers. It's just wah too much food. But I do love it when I'm in the mood!

I'm here and following along. Looks like a great start to your trip with some good food already. Can't wait to see how the race goes

Cool you guys took the time to do the meet and greets! You look like locals all bundled up and such!

I hope your races went well today if you had them!

We normally split the soup, pomme frites and a regular sandwich, the one with ham and turkey between two of us and still take home leftovers. It's just wah too much food. But I do love it when I'm in the mood!

I'm glad we did the Meet & Greets as well! I imagine the lines were not going to be the 10 minute waits we go later this weekend. Its actually warmer in Naples than it is here in Southern California! We have been spoiled this winter & never got used to colder weather yet.

The races so far have gone well - I've posted some of my photos on Facebook but saving some for here.

Splitting would be a smart choice! I'm having an issue this trip of not being able to eat even half of my lunch any day. I feel bad wasting the food but I really don't want to upset my stomach so it is what it is at this point.

I'm here and following along. Looks like a great start to your trip with some good food already. Can't wait to see how the race goes

Thanks for joining in! We have had some great food & it only gets better this day :)

Can't wait to read about your races

Thanks! Run Disney always does such a great job!

Embracing My Inner Child

The three of us left the Launch Bay and headed toward Fantasyland. I attempted to climb the Matterhorn & failed.

xkInAPu.jpg

8bx0sg9.jpg

C9JzZWE.jpg

We decided to enjoy the It’s A Small World Holiday Edition as there was only a 5 minute wait!

4oJaXXH.jpg

SOk8Gcg.jpg

0slNAeI.jpg

S33ynGb.jpg

7ea5XLE.jpg

We took a photo for Betsy near the Matterhorn so she could replicate a photo her parents took at 1966 which looks a lot different today as the greenery has grown a lot since then! We parted ways until the next day. My husband and I left the park to relax but I ended up parting ways with my husband as I wanted to head to Trader Sam’s and he wanted to go back to the room. This would be my last day of drinking more than a single alcoholic beverage until Sunday after the race & I wanted to take advantage of this!

I7pUAjc.jpg

IXH8o6N.jpg

I took a seat at the bar next to a solo old man and stole a menu so I could look at it.

ZS04Lbb.jpg

My first cocktail was nice, refreshing and bourbony!

bsltFg4.jpg

Shipwreck On The Rocks - Bourbon w/ freshly Muddled Lemon and Mint with Organic Agave Nectar

I went with something sweeter for my second drink.

lkhPmud.jpg

Ka-Blue-ie! = Light Rum, Cream of Coconut, Pineapple Juice, and a splash of Blue Caracao

I was talking with the man beside me who apparently has his own tiki bar in his garage and he thought running 3 races is crazy. Having abstained from drinking for 2 weeks made my tolerance low and those 2 drinks hit hard! Apparently someone from the boards recognized me as they asked if I was Dis_Yoda and turns out it was huggybuff! We were able to chat for a while as she had Trader Sam’s be her first stop upon arrival and was enjoying a flatbread & a drink. We took a selfie for proof!

R4EgdFv.jpg

It was sometime after 3PM so I headed back to the hotel to clean up and get a nap in before we would head back do the park for our special dinner that evening!​

Nice day. That drink at Trader Sam's sounds really good. I usually avoid Bourbon, but I might have to try that one next time I go there.

Love how DL has decorated small world for the holidays and the inclusion of the characters. Wish they'd do something like that at WDW to make it just a bit more tolerable ; )

Your trader sam's drinks look delish and way to make those last few drinks count. Can't wait to see where your special dinner is at

Nice day. That drink at Trader Sam's sounds really good. I usually avoid Bourbon, but I might have to try that one next time I go there.

It was a very nice day at the parks :) If you enjoy Bourbon, you would like the drink - if you aren't someone that can drink a Bourbon on the Rocks, it might not be for you. Sadly, that is the only time I got to Trader Sam's all trip but I'm glad I got there at least once!

Love how DL has decorated small world for the holidays and the inclusion of the characters. Wish they'd do something like that at WDW to make it just a bit more tolerable ; )

Your trader sam's drinks look delish and way to make those last few drinks count. Can't wait to see where your special dinner is at

We haven't gone on the normal It's A Small World at WDW in at least over a year I think, maybe longer. (I'm too lazy to reread my old reports to figure it out) The holiday version of it is awesome! You get to hear Jingle Bells a lot but that is still better than just It's A Small World although that song is still there too!

Yup! I love my drinks (as I know you do too) I behaved before the races like a smart person which I think helped some.

I hope to post my dinner when I get home tonight! We're at the John Wayne Airport now waiting our flight to Dallas and then on to Fort Myers and hope to be home by 6:30!

Jumping on! I'm planning on doing the West Coast Star Wars next year.

Thanks for joining in! We'll be back next year for Star Wars too! (We're planning on trying to keep legacy for Disneyland & WDW Star Wars Races) Enjoy your training :) Are you going to do the half or the challenge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter