Milton Hershey.....

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Watched the show Titans about him last night. WOW...what an incredible man he was. (and gorgeous to boot)

It must have been amazing to work for him.....

I DVR'd it - haven't had a chance to watch yet.

I love those shows on CNBC - saw one recently on Heinz and it was very interesting. :thumbsup2

What channel was that on? Growing up in the Hershey area, I would love to catch that show.

He truly was a remarkable man and the legacy that he left behind is amazing - so many girls and boys benefit from his good fortunes by being able to attend the Milton Hershey School. His heart was in the right place. My friend's grandfather was friends with him and shared some great stories of Milton.

I agree..he was quite handsome as well:)

What channel was that on? Growing up in the Hershey area, I would love to catch that show.

He truly was a remarkable man and the legacy that he left behind is amazing - so many girls and boys benefit from his good fortunes by being able to attend the Milton Hershey School. His heart was in the right place. My friend's grandfather was friends with him and shared some great stories of Milton.

I agree..he was quite handsome as well:)

CNBC has a show called CNBC Titans. Not sure the regular night it is on, I am going to look to see if it is On Demand. My kids will love it.

Yes, one of the things I learned last night was he made sure before he died that the school would go on forever. He didn't do anything to secure the business, but the boys(it was an all boy school back then) were going to have a school.

I have lived near Hershey, PA all of my life. I know the story well. Went to the school, the park and Chocolate World. Every guest that comes here gets to tour Chocolate World. Very good man, did so many wonderful things. The town though doesn't 'officially' exist. They never incorporated Hershey, PA.

I grew up in Hershey. My parents were houseparents at MHS. Wonderful man yes but there are quite a few "stories" that exist around the town of the "tyrant' he could be at times. He wanted hard workers and that means no one who was any less than perfect.
MS Hershey Foundation is currently going through some legal issues as to what is covered and what is not in trusts set up. The township school (the one I went to because since my parents were houseparents I couldn't go to MHS) was to be included in the Trust and it looks like funds aren't being appropriated the correct way. The courts will have to decide

My parents were houseparents as well. The school does provide the kids with many opportunities.

Wow! Small world! When were you there? I was at student homes Woodside,Rosemont,Revere, and Pitcher from the time I was born in 81 until after my mom passed in 01.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter