Miltary discount

lundve

DIS Veteran
If a military discount is released for a cruise that we already have booked with a member of the military, can it be applied to that cruise? Does anyone have experience with this?

It may depend on the special offer itself. If you are not past the PIF date, you most likely can apply a special military offer to your current reservation, unless it indicates "new reservations only." If you are past the PIF date, I've read of some who could have a special deal applied, but other times no. Some have found that a special offer puts $$ back in their pocket even with accepting the penalty for a cancellation after PIF so you would want to do your math and see how it works for you. I think some of the past military offers were only for specific dates/itineraries so while an offer may come out it may not work for you.

You will have to pay a penalty if you are already past the PIF date but it is well worth it. I just did it and got back $750 even after the penalty. It is definitely worth the call to ask.

I believe it will depend if you have made your final payment or not.:confused3

It does not depend on whether YOU have made the final payment or not, it depends on whether or not you have entered the penalty period. Many people choose to pay off their cruise well before the start of the penalty period; in that case you can still cancel and get a full refund up to the start of the penalty period.

As above, the military discount is generally not one that can be automatically applied to an existing reservation. It usually requires one to cancel and rebook. In that case, if before the penalty date, you can cancel and get a full "refund" but apply whatever amount is needed to the new cruise (military discount) and have only the balance refunded. If after the penalty date you can do the same thing, but you will incur the penalty for the cancelled cruise.

Pp is correct as our cruise mates were just faced with this...military rates released for our cruise! They could cancel and rebook--with penalties it would have put $500 back in their pockets but they also would have lost any dining and excursion reservations and potentially had to move cabins. They opted not to and kept their original cabin and rate. Just information for you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter