Millionaire & What Will Replace It---From Mouseplanet.com

Bob P

DIS Veteran
From this morning's WDW park update at Mouseplanet.com:

It looks like time has finally expired on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire – Play It! at the Disney-MGM Studios. We are hearing from multiple sources that it is scheduled to close on August 19 to make way for Walt Disney World's copy of Midway Madness, a Toy Story-themed dark ride being described as the next generation of shooter rides (think Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin with more plot and character interactivity). The new drive system and construction of the new maintenance bay for the attraction have both been approved.

I know DW will miss it, but it's time. Add some new things to DS. :thumbsup2

Nooooo! I love Millionaire, on our longer trips we usually spend an entire day there just so we can get in the hot seat. :(

It really like this attraction. I am sorry it is closing. I read that the last year the were more and more empty seats. Again I really going to miss this attraction. :sad1:

While I'm still very sad about Millionaire, I think a Toy Story attraction could be exciting :thumbsup2

But why do they HAVE to put it in that specific spot :rolleyes:

i like millionaire too - we'll have to be sure to do it on our trip over july 4th (i'll be with my parents and i know my dad will love it!). i have only done it once before.
BUT i think the new toy story ride sounds much more fun! how cool! :thumbsup2

As someone who adores this attraction, I cannot tell you how upset I am. After losing at the 500,000 point last year, this was going to be my cruise year.

Sadly, it now looks like I will arrive just 5 days after it closes. Ugh.

Normally, I am never disappointed when they move on and try something new, but this one is going to hurt.

Say it isn't so! My mom and I love millionaire, we go and try to get in that hot seat multiple times each trip! I guess this year will be the last time for us to get into that hot seat.

I almost made the hot seat in the Star Wars edition and am sad to see it go but would like more stuff at the studios for smaller children. Purly selfish, I have a DD (2 years) and we only go to MK and AK now...would love to go back to MGM but not enough to keep her interest. A Toy Story Ride might help.

I will miss Millionaire too, and I'm glad we are there until 8/13 this year so we can enjoy it before it goes. But, that being said I am still excited about a new ride that would be similiar but even better than Buzz. MGM needs something like this!

If this is true, it can't happen fast enough for me. I love toy story. I watch it all the time with my kids. Woody is my favorite disney character of all time followed by Buzz. I can't ride Space Ranger Spin enough. WooHoo!

Wow! My wife and two DD's will be upset. Although, my DS will be thrilled about a new Buzz ride....to bad it won't be open for a while. We are coming down Aug.23.

This is one of my favorite attractions in all of Disney and I will really miss it. I have spent days at MGM doing nothing but WWTBAM, so I am very sad to see it go. Why couldn't they do something with that empty space next to Sounds Dangerous?

ok my thoughts:

a) why not put it where "Sound's Dangerous" is. UGH! (ok so space reasons probably)

b) i LOVE toy story. love it. but why another toy story ride? another shooting like ride? compared to buzz lightyear which they already have?

Oh no we will really miss this attraction. We are going down on Aug 22, Hope the date is wrong so we can do it one more time!

We went to WWTBAMPI in December. The theater was pretty full when we went. I ended up in the Hot Seat. I was shocked that I made it there. I blew it on a question that I am still kicking myself in the pants over. I had hopes of maybe trying it one more time on our next trip, but by that time, I could be looking at being the first rider of the new attraction instead. lol I would love to see some more new rides at MGM. Just please let them be good rides! Maggie

a*lil*bit*goofy said:
ok my thoughts:

a) why not put it where "Sound's Dangerous" is. UGH! (ok so space reasons probably)

b) i LOVE toy story. love it. but why another toy story ride? another shooting like ride? compared to buzz lightyear which they already have?

a. What makes you think "Sounds Dangerous" has long to live?

b. Everything is Pixar nowadays. Cars will probably replace the Tomorrowland Speedway and The Incredibles will be a ride sooner or later.

This new attractions sounds cool. And Millionaire was a bore anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter