Miller's Rd at OKW - UGH

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Not happy with this bldg. assignment. Bldg. 21. The view is a great big field filled with golfers. From now on, request goes in, anything but Miller's Rd.

Very disappointed. Takes the magic out of DVC - OKW.

We always love sitting on the balcony watching the golfers but not on Miller's Road.

We had a GV in building 22 last fall. We had a view of a fairway and a pond. It was nice and quiet. No bus or golf cart noise. Beats a dumpster view at BRV.

Not happy with this bldg. assignment. Bldg. 21. The view is a great big field filled with golfers. From now on, request goes in, anything but Miller's Rd.

Very disappointed. Takes the magic out of DVC - OKW.

Is that a "great big field" or part of the golf course?

I play golf there everytime we go, and there is absolutely no "big field" on the parts that go through OKW. And give me a golf course view anyday over a parking lot view. I think if I didn't want a golf course view, I wouldn't stay at a resort built around a- wait for it- a golf course! :confused3
30 years of stays at OKW - neverhad a strictly golf course view until yesterday. The Manager kindly called after I filled out the survey and moved me to a fantastic room.

30 years of stays at OKW - neverhad a strictly golf course view until yesterday. The Manager kindly called after I filled out the survey and moved me to a fantastic room.
So, after 30 years of stays, you complained about one view? OK, glad they were able to please you. There are plenty (in fact a huge majority) of DVC resorts down there where you would never have to move.

We love Miller's Rd except for Bldg 18 - three stories, studios in the inner corners, so they lack a window other than the porch window.

OP, I get your need for a good view.
Our all time worst view at OKW was Building 38. It was a bamboo cage. No view at all.
Thank you. It's such a part of the overall experience at OKW. And, not everyone likes the same thing. Viva la difference. We have a heavy tropical setting in bldg. 32 right now. It's lovely.

The best view we ever had was in building 14. We looked straight down the fairway to the big balloon ride at DS.

biggest issue with the spot of that picture is i'm pretty sure i've gone WAY WAY right off that tee box right at your balcony ..... FORE......errr heads up?

biggest issue with the spot of that picture is i'm pretty sure i've gone WAY WAY right off that tee box right at your balcony ..... FORE......errr heads up?
This is too far right to hit with golf ball but we went down to the water and found about 25 balls :)

How about this ? 1br 1430 View attachment 599399
That's the view we had, wonderful, isn't it?
[/QUOTE]
Yes ,it was very nice!

One bad view in 30 years is a pretty good record. In 25 years I’ve had the worst Boardwalk View one bedroom...tiniest deck and no air circulation; Boardwalk view that shared a wall with Jellyrolls....thumping music all night, standard view at BWV with a tree blocking off any air circulation, theme park views at Bay Lake Tower that we’re not worth the points. I’ve also been pleasantly surprised with lake views at BLT that had views of the fireworks, standard views at BLT that gave partial views of fireworks, Boardwalk views in the most fabulous one bedrooms, and standards views at BWV that were fantastic for the amount of points. If I made a fuss and demanded to be moved then someone else would get the crappy room. I just figure it’s my turn once in a while.

One bad view in 30 years is a pretty good record. In 25 years I’ve had the worst Boardwalk View one bedroom...tiniest deck and no air circulation; Boardwalk view that shared a wall with Jellyrolls....thumping music all night, standard view at BWV with a tree blocking off any air circulation, theme park views at Bay Lake Tower that we’re not worth the points. I’ve also been pleasantly surprised with lake views at BLT that had views of the fireworks, standard views at BLT that gave partial views of fireworks, Boardwalk views in the most fabulous one bedrooms, and standards views at BWV that were fantastic for the amount of points. If I made a fuss and demanded to be moved then someone else would get the crappy room. I just figure it’s my turn once in a while.
I simply responded to a survey sent to me. I didn't call anyone. I was shocked when the manager called ME and insisted on moving me. When I demured because I had already shopped for groceries and unpacked, she insisted that bell services would help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter