Military Tickets: Need to Show ID?

OurMsBrooks

Mouseketeer
Is it required to show military identification to use tickets purchased through the military? In other words, does your military relative need to accompany you in order to use those discounted tickets? Thanks.

oh man....thats a good question. my friend who is in the marines, got me 5 tickets at a discount, but he is not going with us, and none of us are in the military....

When we visited we had to show our military IDS. Apparently they are cracking down on the people who are abusing it.

If you don't mind me asking, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, what type of discount does military receive? I didn't even know about that! Does it work on annual passes?

I want to say 10 percent. You can pick up your tickets on post. But the room I want to say was a 10 percent discount

This may a random checking thing. I'm AD USAF and we were just there (a week ago). Anyway they didn't ask for my husband's or my id the entire time we were there. We did have military tickets (stated on the ticket). HTH

Steph

When you go threw the turnstiles, doesnt it say what kind of ticket your using? if all 5 of us have military ticket on the back of it, they might want to ask at least one of us for military id.

Im fairly sure they are not going to believe us if we tell them that my friend who is in the marines, who bought the tickets, couldnt come because of work and i found a use for them. all that way for nothing.....

ill find out tomorrow...

My partner is retired military. Before getting APs last April, we used military tickets every time we went to DLR. Not once, in over 15 years of multiple visits per year, were we asked to show a military id at the entry gate.

There wasn't a military discount on an annual pass when we got ours.

The standard military discount at the hotels is 10%. The hotel will verify that you have a military id.

also keep in mind, fwiw, unless it's been changed, military tickets do not include early entry access

My husband is in the navy and we have used our military discount everytime we have gone to Disneyland and we never did have to show our id's also we where there 2 weeks ago and we where able to go in on a EE. Hope this helps you.

I am currently a pass holder but use to use miltary tickets. I used them for my kids in September (all adults) and no body asked for thier or ID.

I have to say even if they asked for my ID I wouldnt have it with me, I rarely take it with me to the parks. I carry a lanyard with my pass, drivers licence and a credit card.

I'm retired US Air Force and just bought 9 AP's at Camp Pendleton in October. Gave them as gifts to my brothers and family as we are all Disney nuts. No one in our party had to show ID and we activated them at different times. The discount is well worth it if you know anyone in the military, I believe federal employees can also use ITT too. I think you also save on sales tax.

just FYI on prices, I find my work beats the military prices hands down. . . AP's were a huge difference from my work and the military prices. . . I even sent Disney an email about it and got a response that they were kind of surprised that the military was not cheaper, so always always price check first! you can view the prices normally online, you just have to hit a link about an email and it opens up in PDF. . .

now the last time we actually used the military tickets they randomly checked ID's, and I was the lucky ducky that they asked. . . thankfully I carry ALL the IDs minus dh of course, with me wherever we go, cuz you never know when you may need it, (I'm that person that asks about military discounts wherever I go) so I had mine. . . so in my own experience I always tell people to know you might have that one person who decides to check IDs that day. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter