Military supports President Bush!

No surprise here. All the military I know plans on voting for Bush also.:wave:

Originally posted by Peter Pirate
Not surprising at all although if it were me I think I'd prefer a combat veteran, turned pacifist over a chickenhawk...But that' just me.
pirate:

A pacifist who voted for war and praised the war, before turning anti-war when things weren't 100% positive.

At least in Bush we have a hawk who is willing to pre-empt a terrorist strike, not pass that to a global test.:rolleyes:

Pre-emptive war is a dangerous precedent that this
administration has set.
What would our reaction be if N. Korea launched a "pre-emptive"
war against one of their neighbors ??

The scary thing is, we are so bogged down in Iraq, could we
even respond with the necessary force (other than nuclear)
if N. Korea were to do this??

:confused: When has the majority of the military NOT voted Republican? To be perfectly honest, I'm with Damo - I'm more shocked that there's 27% Democrat (or at least Kerry supporters.) And this is from a military wife. ;)

Originally posted by ThAnswr
Why don't we just do away with elections all together and have government by military coup?

It won't be the first time it's been suggested regarding this election. Just yesterday we were told that Kerry's campaign is hindering the war on terrorism.:rolleyes:

Gee, if I didn't know better I'd think it was almost Un-American to even have elections. I wonder why American soldiers are dying so that the Iraqi's can hold elections when we apparently think that they're useless and darn near dangerous to the safety of the country????

The military has always leaned heavily Republican. The war on terror has nothing to do with it.

Watch for the liberals to try to disallow the military vote, just like 2000. The Democrats will have dead people voting and their cronies voting early and often, but they will try to disenfranchise the military voters.

The biggest surprise to me coming in the military was how far right the military does actually lean.

But I have noticed this year there are a lot more Democrat supporters than usual.

ok...so dh is former Marine, ds former army, dil current army, sil current army.... all are voting for Mr. Kerry...

btw... IT IS TRUE

YOU CAN SUPPORT THE TROOPS but still disagree with the war in Iraq.

Also it is TRUE

That people can Support the Troops yet not support decisions made by President Bush.

??? WHY is it sad for Military Members not to support Pres. Bush in this election??? The Military is doing their job as required around the world. They are under the direction of the President... it does not mean they have to VOTE for him.

Originally posted by mamajoan
ok...so dh is former Marine, ds former army, dil current army, sil current army.... all are voting for Mr. Kerry...

btw... IT IS TRUE

YOU CAN SUPPORT THE TROOPS but still disagree with the war in Iraq.

Also it is TRUE

That people can Support the Troops yet not support decisions made by President Bush.

??? WHY is it sad for Military Members not to support Pres. Bush in this election??? The Military is doing their job as required around the world. They are under the direction of the President... it does not mean they have to VOTE for him.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Supporting Kerry??? Support our Troops??? Don't support the Pres??? Sorry mamajoan, you must be wrong and I'm sure Kendra will be along shortly to tell you why.:eek:

mamajoan : Well said...That people can Support the Troops yet not support decisions made by President Bush.

I for one will vote for Mr. Kerry...

Originally posted by Peter Pirate
Supporting Kerry??? Support our Troops??? Don't support the Pres??? Sorry mamajoan, you must be wrong and I'm sure Kendra will be along shortly to tell you why.:eek:

:teeth:

Did you ever have a boss who made decisions which you did not agree.... but yet you had to follow his command and orders??

Thats how my military family members feel about Mr. Bush right now...

He's the boss..... for now.....

Military members swear their committment to the US. They are doing a great job upholding their end of the committment.

I hope you didn't misunderstand that I completely agree with you mamajoan.:wave:
pirate:

At least in Bush we have a hawk who is willing to pre-empt a terrorist strike, not pass that to a global test.

He sure did a great job preventing the one that occurred on his watch, didn't he?

you won't see to many military people speaking against the president also because when I was in boot camp we were told we could not say anything bad about the president or put him down or make hm look bad or we could get in serious trouble. Now that was in boot camp mind you but I bet if a service man were caught saying anything negative about the pres during campaign year he might just get in a little bit of trouble. I was told being in the service took some of my "rights" away. as a civilian you can say whatever you want as long as you are not threatening the pres. If you are in the service you aren't allowed to speak your mind. I wasn't allowed to protest. Heck even if I sunburned I got in trouble. I don't see a lot of servicemen speaking there minds if against bush, besides where they can hide their identity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter