military salute ticket

chascougs

Earning My Ears
Can military salute tickets be purchased at TTA or anyother on site location or do they have to be purchased on base...thanks...

They can be purchased at the TTC or any park ticketing window, on base (in some cases) or at the Shades of Green, the military DOD ran resorts on WDW property.

Post #17 in CF's ticket sticky will give you all kinds of great info about the military ticket promo.

if you are buying a few of them id say get them at shades or your local base if they sell them to save money on taxes.... keep in mind those arent activated yet though...

Also they can be purchased and activated at any Disney Guest Services location. There are 2 at DTD, and at the 4 park gates.

The savings thru a military base or SOG purchase is usually just the sales tax. If you are at WDW and want to go over to SOG just to get the tickets, you will waste lots of precious vacation time. I'd say at least 1-1/2 hours. Plus they would still not be activated until you went to a Disney ticket outlet or GS, so more wasted time. I would recommend getting them ahead of time on base and activating them at Disney, or thru Disney upon arrival to WDW.

The Armed Forces Salute Tickets may be purchased and/or activated at any Park Ticket or Guest Relations window. This includes the four theme parks, the water parks, TTC, DTD and Epcot International Gateway.

They may be purchased at SoG or military base MRW/ITT offices without paying sales tax, but must be activated before use at one of the above locations.

Nothing related to them may be done at any of the Disney Resorts.

Also they can be purchased and activated at any Disney Guest Services location. There are 2 at DTD, and at the 4 park gates.

The savings thru a military base or SOG purchase is usually just the sales tax. If you are at WDW and want to go over to SOG just to get the tickets, you will waste lots of precious vacation time. I'd say at least 1-1/2 hours. Plus they would still not be activated until you went to a Disney ticket outlet or GS, so more wasted time. I would recommend getting them ahead of time on base and activating them at Disney, or thru Disney upon arrival to WDW.

We got ours at SOG and it was time consuming but we also wanted to check the hotel out at the same time. I would try to order them through your base ahead of time and then activate them when you get to the park. It would definitely be the quickest and easiest way to do it. :)

thanks for the replies...one further question...FAQ states that block out dates are April 1 thru April 12 Magic Kingdom only...does that mean tickets can be used that week at the other 3 parks or used only at Magic Kingdom...thanks for the help...chascougs

thanks for the replies...one further question...FAQ states that block out dates are April 1 thru April 12 Magic Kingdom only...does that mean tickets can be used that week at the other 3 parks or used only at Magic Kingdom...thanks for the help...chascougs

The tickets may not be used at MK during the dates listed. All other parks are ok.

Depending on how many days you're staying and how many people there are, going to Shades of Green or MWR can save you a decent amount of money for the tax. If your tickets for everyone comes to $500, you're looking at another $32 in tax. Also, if you forget any necessities such as sunscreen or camera batteries, it's my understanding that the AAFES at SoG can save you money versus the stores in the theme parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter