• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Salute 2014?

Thats sort of a bummer. I plan on going in September of 2014, so I would still get to take advantage of the discount for MNSSHP, but it makes me nervous. It seems they may be "weaning" us military folks off the amazing discounts we have experienced over the past several years. Where they still like $35 with the military discount?

I think that for party tickets, the discount has always been for only September for the Halloween party and November for the Christmas party. However, I think the Christmas party tickets for November for military are less discounted this year than in previous years. I'm not certain though since regular ticket prices keep increasing so it may be a similar discount as before? I haven't researched, just going off of my own (not so great) recollection :). It is still great to see the discounts continuing with this year's Christmas party.

We're certainly hoping it gets renewed. This is the SECOND time that DH returns from his deployment LATE September, so we can never go for our "homecoming" trip before they expire. Our kids love Disney, and it's such a perfect way to spend a vacation back as a family.

And while I get Disney is cutting back on discounts, they really get a LOT of money from the military community. I think it would be unwise to pull that discount completely. I mean, come on, we even have our own resort there on property.

What I would love to see is some sort of deployment discount package that becomes permanent. Something for families that go through a 180-day+ separation so that they can have a vacation after. (And I say that as someone who has a husband unlikely to see that sort of deployment anytime soon. I just feel like it would be great if families who go through that hardship could count on a discount later. No idea if Disney could afford to run a program like that but it would be cool.)

What is the savings on rooms with the AAA discount?

Shades of Green does have a deployment package with room and dining discounts for SoG. It's not the same thing as Disney offering it, but 20% off SoG's already great rates would be very helpful to any family.

We are going in Spring 2014 and are waiting for the news as well. We booked at the resort we hope to stay at and IF the Military salute is not renewed then we will just change to a value resort and go the cheap way. Either way we will have a blast. I agree that it is / was good marketing on Disney's part. We wouldn't have gone without the Military discount and we are now contemplating the DVC in the future.

Fingers are crossed we hear something soon.

I can't imagine them completely getting rid of military passes of any kind, so I'm crossing my fingers that the next round is comparable to what they have now. We are planning on going in November and plan on staying at Shades of Green but having park passes at a discount would be so much easier on us! We hope to get to WDW several times over the next few years with DH's new assignment so having the discount would really be a benefit.

**fingers crossed**

My father served in the military for 20 years, and we were only ever able to go to Disney when we were younger because of the military discounts. We lived in Orlando for a while, and we bought annual passes so that my mom had something to do with us kids. When we moved, we always stayed at SoG when we visited. I sincerely hope Disney keeps the ticket discounts at least...for families like ours, it gave us what's normally an unaffordable trip. As Disney keeps raising their prices, it makes me sad to hear about families who want to take their kids to Disney more than anything but can't afford it and save for years just to go for a couple of days. :sad2:

Anyhoo...I hope they decide to continue with the military salute, I'm counting on it for the 4-day park hoppers for my honeymoon!

I hope that Disney keeps doing these promo tickets! We're going in October for F&W and MNNSHP and sort of as a nice vacation before deployment and we hope to make another trip when he comes back from deployment too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter