Military priced tickets and magicband help

codimouse

Over 60 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!
My daughter and her hubby are going to Disney for their honeymoon in August.
They got a great rate at SOG.
On base they sell discounted tickets.
But they want magicbands. lol
Anyone know if tickets can be transferred onto magicbands?

I'm at Disney now. I purchased the Military Tickets at the MWR back home a few months ago. You are actually issued Military Exchange Certificates. We then entered those numbers into MDE as our Disney Tickets" which linked them to our Magicbands. Once at Disney you must go to the TTC or to Guest Services at Downtown Disney and show your Military ID. Actual tickets are issued at that point to replace the Exchange Certificate. I chose Downton Disney. With my Magicbands the process was is easy. I did have my band with me so that they could check everything before heading to park.

***I should say Exchange Certificates are issued if you purchase the 4 Day Park Hopper ($177) Special. If you purchase other tickets you are given an actual Disney Ticket.

Thanks for the info! We need to buy ours soon... I was excited to see that the $177 tickets were extended through December 2015!

I also used military tickets. We used two of the 4 day exchange tickets so we did it twice on our trip. Any guest relations (we used both MK and EPCOT) can transfer the exchange ticket to the magic band. Also, if you use MDE and attach the ticket to a magic band, make sure you write the name of the person you attached the ticket to on the back of the exchange ticket. It makes it so much easier to hand the cast member a ticket and magic band together.

The Military salute tickets can be bought through Camp Pendelton (over the phone) if you have enough time. Or you can buy them right at SOG. As PP stated, the salute tix need to be activated at guest services at either the DD, TTC, or the parks. Purchase a magic band and they can easily be used in the parks when you go to activate salute tix.

Tickets purchased. Or vouchers rather.
But he will be deployed now.
Hope this info helps someone else!!

SOrry if this is redundant but want to make sure I'm clear. We live in DE and Dover does not have a ticket office. We were planning on going to SOG after we land in Orlando to buy but I could order over the phone at Pendelton? And then when we get there, I just go to any park and they can activate? We are booked through Disney, so I'll have magic bands. ALso read something about the ITT at the airport, I can buy there as well? New to this part and it's just confusing! :)

DED, We bought our tickets from the ITT office right near the Orlando airport. It's in a kinda trailer next to the PX, but easy to see and they were good to deal with . If you are staying onsite, depending where, SOG sells them too. And yes, you can go to any park and activate at guest services. They asked for date of birth and name. I thought the line at SOG was much longer than the ITT office, but maybe just my bad luck at SOG. Have a great time! Oh, and we had magic bands last year, and I had no trouble linking them to our account. Only thing I found that the letters and numbers that you have to enter from the vouchers was really really tiny.

DED, We bought our tickets from the ITT office right near the Orlando airport. It's in a kinda trailer next to the PX, but easy to see and they were good to deal with . If you are staying onsite, depending where, SOG sells them too. And yes, you can go to any park and activate at guest services. They asked for date of birth and name. I thought the line at SOG was much longer than the ITT office, but maybe just my bad luck at SOG. Have a great time! Oh, and we had magic bands last year, and I had no trouble linking them to our account. Only thing I found that the letters and numbers that you have to enter from the vouchers was really really tiny.

If you have the MDE app on your phone you can scan the barcode on your tickets to link them so you don't have to try to read those tiny numbers. Super easy!

I recently ordered our military salute tickets from Camp pendleton. Ordered last Tuesday July 14th, they told me it would be 2-3 weeks. I got them yesterday the 20th!! Just be aware that if you're not the military member the person you talk to may not take your order (my dad is going with us, but I was calling to order the tickets). I called once and they wouldn't let me order because he wasn't there with me to talk to them, so I waited until he was, then when I called the next lady didn't even want to talk to him, just wanted specifics about his branch and grade at retirement.

I also used military tickets. We used two of the 4 day exchange tickets so we did it twice on our trip. Any guest relations (we used both MK and EPCOT) can transfer the exchange ticket to the magic band. Also, if you use MDE and attach the ticket to a magic band, make sure you write the name of the person you attached the ticket to on the back of the exchange ticket. It makes it so much easier to hand the cast member a ticket and magic band together.

Do you know what happens if you don't remember which ticket is attached to which magic band? I'm kicking myself for not writing it down :( I thought ticket number would show up in My Disney Experience, but of course it doesn't :( Thanks for any insight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter