Military MYW to DVC Sorcerers Pass

traceyg

Mouseketeer
Can I upgrade a MYW ticket bought on base to a DVC Sorcerers Pass once we get to WDW? Do they bridge it for the price paid or the value of the ticket as if I bought it at the gate?

You can do it. They will give you credit for the price you actually paid for the ticket. There is no longer the extra value of getting the gate price applied.

There is no “gate price” for that ticket because it can only be purchased through military channels. You’ll receive credit for the price paid, though I believe the credit will assume you had paid tax on that amount. So a small savings.

There is no “gate price” for that ticket because it can only be purchased through military channels. You’ll receive credit for the price paid, though I believe the credit will assume you had paid tax on that amount. So a small savings.
Thanks!
Is there a reason to wait to transfer it at the end of the trip or should I take care of it on the day we arrive?

Thanks!
Is there a reason to wait to transfer it at the end of the trip or should I take care of it on the day we arrive?
I can't think of any particular reason to wait for the upgrade. I believe you already need theme park reservations for the military MYW ticket so the argument that you'd need theme park reservations with an AP is a moot point. By upgrading earlier in your trip you can take advantage of any dining or shopping discounts (and if offsite the free parking). Either way, the AP will start with the first day you use the MYW ticket regardless of when you do the upgrade. Just don't wait until the day after you use the last entitlement on the MYW ticket. You can upgrade on the last day you use the ticket, but upgrade prior to park close that night.

I can't think of any particular reason to wait for the upgrade. I believe you already need theme park reservations for the military MYW ticket so the argument that you'd need theme park reservations with an AP is a moot point. By upgrading earlier in your trip you can take advantage of any dining or shopping discounts (and if offsite the free parking). Either way, the AP will start with the first day you use the MYW ticket regardless of when you do the upgrade. Just don't wait until the day after you use the last entitlement on the MYW ticket. You can upgrade on the last day you use the ticket, but upgrade prior to park close that night.
Perfect! Thank you so much!! That's what I was thinking but there are so many caveats to Disney that I wanted to check myself.

If you upgrade a ticket at WDW, do you lose the park reservations associated with it? I know you do at DLR. That is one reason some wait to upgrade on the last day, after they have entered the park for the day or at the end of the last day of the ticket.

If you upgrade a ticket at WDW, do you lose the park reservations associated with it?
It’s possible, though most often I see reports that the CM re-did the theme park reservations. Though definitely something to watch, especially now that most WDW tickets don’t use theme park reservations anymore so the CM may not think to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter