• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military discounts for 2013?

Pennys_dream

Earning My Ears
We are just starting planning for a trip down in Feb 2013. I am trying to figure out if there have been any military discounts for room-only announced, but not finding any info...
So I thought, maybe I could go by historical info. I know there's no guarentee, but knowing if they usually do some sort of discount will help me try and figure out a starting budget.
Yet, I can't find any historical info on discounts (other than the biggies - free DP at the end of summer). So, any military families out there, do you know?

We've stayed at SoG in the past, but I miss the emersion in Disney happiness and really want to stay on property!

Heard they will be out in AUGUST. My son is active duty and I am recently retired NAVY. Hope to hear soon, I will be running GOOFY and would like to stay at a DIS RESORT.

Guess we just have to practice patience
I guess if the current promo isn't renewed/extended we'll just do a value resort. But I am so hoping we can afford to upgrade!

My husband is retired Navy also :)

Thanks for the link- I have been reading everything on that site for the last couple of days. Lots of good info.

I think they are more likely to extend a room-only discount for the resort stays than give us another military ticket discount. I think our ticket discounts are going the way of the do-do.

if you go to disneymilitarytips.com he is basically an expert on these discounts and has insider contacts. He also has a facebook page (and a facebook page dedicated to saving the military discounts).

Whenever he gets new info, he updates almost immediately!

I would like a discount for at least room only...got a huge trip in January 2014, and getting 2 or 3 rooms, so want the discounts!!! I'll probably book room only in my 499 day window, and then change to package when/if the military rates come out...so I'll be on pins and needles next year :)

Just an FYI- Military room-only discounts have been extended to Sept 2013. Armed Forces Salute ticket discounts have also been extend, I'm not sure how long on that one.

Pennys_dream said:
Just an FYI- Military room-only discounts have been extended to Sept 2013. Armed Forces Salute ticket discounts have also been extend, I'm not sure how long on that one.

Not extended. New program with new pricing.

I amlooking for some advice. I helped some friends make reservations for wdw a couple months ago. They were hoping to get free dining, but it is not available for their dates. Her husband is a disable vet. He said he is 10% disabled vet and doesn't have a military card, but a VA card. He also has a form dd 214. Do you know if this would qualify for mlitary discount that disney is offering now? Thanks:confused3

candeeapril said:
I amlooking for some advice. I helped some friends make reservations for wdw a couple months ago. They were hoping to get free dining, but it is not available for their dates. Her husband is a disable vet. He said he is 10% disabled vet and doesn't have a military card, but a VA card. He also has a form dd 214. Do you know if this would qualify for mlitary discount that disney is offering now? Thanks:confused3

No. You have to be 100% disabled with an ID.

The discounts are slightly different, 4 day park hopper offered only, $156 per person. Our problem was the black out dates around christmas changed, and now we were no longer going to be able to use these. We made a last minute decision and rebooked Shades of green for this thursday! Bonus, Shades of green is offering 30% off all rooms for August 2012. i compared $91/night to what the Disney rep quoted me for a comparable room at Port Orleans riverside (we're a large family of ten and need 5 person rooms), and the savings for 2 rooms/3 nights each was from $873 down to $550 for SOG, so thank you SOG!

With the new promo just being released Steve from Military Disney Tips was having a lot of questions asked of him so here are MORE of Disney's answers to the questions he was receiving:

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...orces-salute-2012-2013-my-questions-answered/

During the 2010 – 2012 Armed Forces Salute which is currently still running permanently disabled veterans with a military ID that has the DAVPRM code were eligible. Will that be the same for the new offer?

Disney: Yes

The press release says that all tickets must be purchased at the same time. So If 2 people want to go in October and May for 4 days each time do they have to buy all the tickets at the same time?

Disney: Tickets may be split, but the purchasing military member or their spouse must always be part of traveling party

I’ve seen elsewhere that the all the AFS tickets have to be activated at the same time, is that correct? So in the scenario above all the tickets would need to be activated in October?

Disney: No. Tickets may be split and activated upon each visit as long as the purchasing military member or their spouse is part of traveling party.

Must all members of the party be present for ticket activation? Sometimes people meeting for a vacation will arrive on different days.

Disney: All members of party must be present at time of activation.

May the Armed Forces Salute tickets be used back to back. Again if 2 people want to use 4 tickets for 8 days is that allowed?

Disney: No. Seven days must separate multiple usages.

Can the AFS tickets be upgraded as in the past to, premium annual, annual, FL Seasonal, and FL Weekday Select passes? Yes

Can the hopper or WP&M options be added later to the opposite version of the ticket? Currently if I purchased a 4-day AFS hopper, I can add the WP&M option to it for a fee.

When the spouse is un-accompanied by the member is limit again just 5 tickets?

What are the resort room discount percentages on the various categories at Walt Disney World and Disneyland?

Disney: Up to 40% depending upon category and availability.

What is the maximum number of rooms allowed at a time under this discount?

Disney: Three total rooms, purchasing military member or their spouse must be in one of the rooms. The entire party must all check-in at same time at same resort hotel.

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...orces-salute-2012-2013-my-questions-answered/

The press release says that all tickets must be purchased at the same time. So If 2 people want to go in October and May for 4 days each time do they have to buy all the tickets at the same time?

Disney: Tickets may be split, but the purchasing military member or their spouse must always be part of traveling party

I’ve seen elsewhere that the all the AFS tickets have to be activated at the same time, is that correct? So in the scenario above all the tickets would need to be activated in October?

Disney: No. Tickets may be split and activated upon each visit as long as the purchasing military member or their spouse is part of traveling party.

Must all members of the party be present for ticket activation? Sometimes people meeting for a vacation will arrive on different days.

Disney: All members of party must be present at time of activation.

May the Armed Forces Salute tickets be used back to back. Again if 2 people want to use 4 tickets for 8 days is that allowed?

Disney: No. Seven days must separate multiple usages.

Can the AFS tickets be upgraded as in the past to, premium annual, annual, FL Seasonal, and FL Weekday Select passes? Yes

Can the hopper or WP&M options be added later to the opposite version of the ticket? Currently if I purchased a 4-day AFS hopper, I can add the WP&M option to it for a fee.

When the spouse is un-accompanied by the member is limit again just 5 tickets?

What are the resort room discount percentages on the various categories at Walt Disney World and Disneyland?

Disney: Up to 40% depending upon category and availability.

What is the maximum number of rooms allowed at a time under this discount?

Disney: Three total rooms, purchasing military member or their spouse must be in one of the rooms. The entire party must all check-in at same time at same resort hotel.

I'm very glad there are some clearly defined rules for the 2013 promotion. Maybe there won't be so much rampant confusion this year. Let's hope the ticket window agents all stay on the same page so we don't get posts on here with, "Well, *I* was able to", when the next post states, "Well *I* wasn't able to..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter