Military Discounts - couple of questions?

Anjelica

DIS Veteran
I didn't even think about military discounts until I was reading a thread this morning regarding that discount. My family and brother (Army) have two staterooms booked for the May 31st Alaska cruise. I read they don't usually offer the military discount until 2-4 months prior to the cruise and that is one of the few discounts where you can switch without any penalty.

My question is this - how do we go about switching to a military discount if they offer it (we go through Dreams Unlimited)? How does he prove he is in the military? Does the discount apply to just his stateroom or will it be applied to both staterooms (they are on the same reservation #, etc.)?

Also - was curious regarding the military discount - is that active duty only or do retiree's get the discount as well?

Thanks in advance!!!

When we have gotten the military discount in the past, we 1st read about the discount on the DIS boards and then contacted Dreams Unlimited. I think that Dreams Unlimited was in the process of notifying everyone that they knew was military. They gave us the new fare for 2 staterooms--ours and our family traveling with us. We then had to fax a copy of a military id to Disney to verify. For our upcoming cruise next spring, I keep checking the link provided by the previous poster to see if the discounts have been extended beyond December--no luck yet. But I'm hoping!

I didn't even think about military discounts until I was reading a thread this morning regarding that discount. My family and brother (Army) have two staterooms booked for the May 31st Alaska cruise. I read they don't usually offer the military discount until 2-4 months prior to the cruise and that is one of the few discounts where you can switch without any penalty.

My question is this - how do we go about switching to a military discount if they offer it (we go through Dreams Unlimited)? How does he prove he is in the military? Does the discount apply to just his stateroom or will it be applied to both staterooms (they are on the same reservation #, etc.)?

Also - was curious regarding the military discount - is that active duty only or do retiree's get the discount as well?

Thanks in advance!!!

Im retired AF. I try to check the web site 1-2 per week. Starting 4 months out.

Im hoping for the Military dis on my Transatlantic. Last year It was big $$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter