• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military discount on the dining plan?

CinderellaDreamer

DIS Veteran
I made a reservation today for a military rate room and added the dining plan. The cast member said that there was a disount on the dining plan for military also, but did not know what the price was. I said that I would like the QS plan. I was given a total price at the end. Afterwards, I searched the web for any info on what the discount on the dining plan is for military. I couldn't find anything about it! :confused3

Does anyone know if there is a discounted rate? I think I would still want it if it wasn't discounted. Not sure as we are not big eaters, and I have read about it not necessarily being a savings. And I would have left it a room only reservation for the flexibility in the cancellation policy.

Just curious more than anything. Thanks for any info!

I made a reservation today for a military rate room and added the dining plan. The cast member said that there was a disount on the dining plan for military also, but did not know what the price was. I said that I would like the QS plan. I was given a total price at the end. Afterwards, I searched the web for any info on what the discount on the dining plan is for military. I couldn't find anything about it! :confused3

Does anyone know if there is a discounted rate? I think I would still want it if it wasn't discounted. Not sure as we are not big eaters, and I have read about it not necessarily being a savings. And I would have left it a room only reservation for the flexibility in the cancellation policy.

Just curious more than anything. Thanks for any info!

We've used the military discounts, but I've never heard of one for the dining plan. Tickets and rooms, yes, but not dining plan.

QS plan is the one that is most difficult to get your money's worth. You may want to peruse the menus over at allearsnet.com to see if it's going to be worth it to you. All members of your party will need to order dessert and drinks at every meal to begin to make it pay for itself.

Quick Service used to be a better value when it was 2 QS & 2 snacks. You could easily make either breakfast or lunch from snack credits & have 2 regular large meals & 1 light one.

There is no discount for the Dining plan for military. They do however allow you to book a room w/ the dining plan without buying tickets (those who are not military are not able to do this).

Usually your best bet is to buy tickets through MWR.

JavArmy said:
There is no discount for the Dining plan for military. They do however allow you to book a room w/ the dining plan without buying tickets (those who are not military are not able to do this).

Usually your best bet is to buy tickets through MWR.

That's not entirely true. DVC can also add dining without tickets. I think passholders might also.

No discount on the dining plan itself, for anybody, except maybe at times for Disney cast members.

Those using a military room discount, and annual passholders, are eligible to book a ticketless package. It is still a package reservation, not a room only, but with only the room and dining, no tickets.

DVC members can purchase a dining plan without a package (DVC does not book packages).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter