Military discount for Disneyland?

Go to your base MWR/ITT office for the park tickets and I know that the DLR hotels offer 10% discount. The good neighbor hotels are a hit and miss but with like everything else ALWAYS ask ANYONE if they offer military discounts.

They have a special going on right now. Active, reserve or retired gets a 3 day hopper for free and up to 5 additional 3 day hoppers for the price of a 1 day hopper. Talk with your MWR/ITT office.

Thanks. My brother is active Army and my sisters fiance is active Marines (I think). We were hoping that maybe they would join us and this would help W $$$.

Right now with the Armed Forces special, military personnel get 30% off on the rooms at the DLR room-only reservations. This is a great deal, along with the free 3-day hoppers & discounted hoppers.

The special goes through June 12th. After that, the rooms revert to 10% discounts.

Could my brother get us tickets or does he have to be with us with military ID? If my brother can't go can he still get us tickets?

He can purchase up to five 3-day hoppers at the price of 1-day hoppers, as charmama4 said. He has to buy them on the base.

He can purchase up to five 3-day hoppers at the price of 1-day hoppers, as charmama4 said. He has to buy them on the base.

Will will be required to show military ID if he is not with us? I would hate to give him the money to buy tickets then not be able to use them. KWIM?

He doesn't have to be with you when you use the tix.

If he is using the Salute to the Armed Forces ticket deal you have to have a valid military ID to trade in your vouchers at the DL park ticket booth that the MWR office will give you.

First you buy the vouchers at your MWR office then when you get to the park, you go to the ticket booth and show your ID and get your DL admission tickets. It doens't have to be the active, reserve or retired service member it can be a dependent with military ID. Have your brother talk to the nice people at his MWR to fully explain this deal.

Now, if he is just going to buy you the regular discounted military DL tickets (NOT the Salute to the Armed Forces) then you dont' need to show ID because he will get the tickets to give to you to go in with out having to make a trade at the ticket counter (trading is only for the Salute to the Armed Forces)

Thanks Mary Jo, I forgot about that hotel deal which we are getting ourselves:) The discount with the DLR hotel also will require a military ID to be shown at check in in order to get the deal. I tried to get 3 rooms knowing that my DH and I both had military ID and it was going to be on 1 credit card but alas, in order to have 3 rooms we had to be able to show 3 ID's

The Salute to the Armed Forces is heavily regulated and make sure you ask your MWR office any and all questions.

Will will be required to show military ID if he is not with us? I would hate to give him the money to buy tickets then not be able to use them. KWIM?

We had a scare when we already bought the DL, plane, train tickets and the hotel ressies and thought that my DH would get deployed!!!! He talked to the gals at the MWR on our base to see if it was ONLY he that could trade in our vouchers for the DL hopper passes and it was a happy day when she said that I could indeed trade them in because I had a military ID.

NOW, in saying that, I'm not sure if it's because I'm his spouse or what so please find out for sure at your brother's MWR office if it can be *anyone* with a military ID or does it have to a dependent of the service member that purchased the tickets. I say this because the Salute to the Armed Forces is heavily regulated. The make sure that the service member is only buying what is allowed by recording their SS# on their ID.

4winks-this is all for the Salute to the Armed Forces deal, OK? The regular military discounted tickets (also available at your brothers MWR office) isn't this complicated nor regulated. He just goes in, buys the tickets, he recieves said tickets in 1-5 days and hands them to you. No ID on your part after that.

According to this article it is only open to active and retired members of the U.S. Armed forces because you have to get the tickets from your ITT or MWR office.

Walt Disney World Salutes the Men and Women Who Serve

Save up to 40% on rooms
Special deal for eligible members of the U.S. Military: Save up to 40% on rooms at select Disney Moderate Resorts!* For stays most nights January 4 to December 23, 2009, except not available at all 2/13-2/15, 4/4-4/18, 5/22-5/24, 7/3-7/4, 11/25-11/26/09.

Also, ask about special rates through December 23, 2009 at other select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels.

*The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Plus a complimentary 5-day "Disney's Armed Forces
Salute" ticket

Through December 23, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military may obtain one complimentary 5-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" ticket with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More options. This ticket is valid for five days of admission into the four Walt Disney World® theme parks, plus a total of five visits to a choice of a Disney water park, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park or certain other attractions. During this offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel (or their spouses, but not both) may also make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five 5-Day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per ticket, plus tax, for family members (including spouse) or friends. Although this ticket for family members and friends does not include either the Park Hopper® or Water Park Fun & More options, this ticket can be upgraded to add either such option, or both, for an additional $25, plus tax, per option. Actual prices may be less. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by December 23, 2009.

Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (with orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) and active or retired members of the United States Coast Guard are also eligible to participate in this offer.

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute" tickets can be obtained only at participating U.S. military base ticket offices (including at the Shades of Green Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort), or at main entrance theme park ticket windows. Tickets are not valid until activated at the main entrance theme park ticket windows. Valid military identification (including, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) will be required to be presented by the service member (or spouse) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets at the main entrance theme park ticket windows). See your military base ticket office or click here for details. All parties must be present when purchasing or activating tickets at main entrance theme park ticket windows.

Visit your local ITT office for details and to book or get your tickets by
December 23, 2009.
Why Stay at a Disney Resort Hotel?

As a guest at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels you'll enjoy these benefits:

* Complimentary transportation to and from Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort hotel for your family and your luggage on Disney's Magical Express service.
* Extended Theme Park Hours – Each day, one of the Theme Parks opens early or stays open late so you have more time to enjoy select attractions with the Extra Magic Hours benefit. Valid Theme Park ticket and Resort I.D. required.
* Complimentary Guest Transportation – Sit back and relax as we transport you throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
* A beautifully themed Resort in the heart of Disney magic.
* Renowned Disney service.
* Spectacular pools.

Disneyworld.com Help | Disneyworld.com Site Map | Contact Us | Guests with Disabilities
Park and Resort Safety

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter