military clause for trip insurance?

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
I tried doing a search but nothing came up. Does anyone know if DCL has a military clause in their trip insurance? It seems to me they did and that's why we went with them over other companies, but now I can't find where it would say that. Are there any other companies (like insuremytrip.com) that offer military clauses?? I looked on their websites for quotes but of course they don't list whether they have one or not.. :confused3

Also don't forget that DCL has a cruise credit policy where if you purchase the policy and something isn't covered they would put the cost of the cruise toward a future cruise.

From the Allianz DCL Policy
Trip Cancellation
"You or a Traveling Companion, who are on Active
Military Duty in the United States Armed Forces:
a. having Your personal leave revoked within 10 days
prior to Your departure date (as long as such
revocation is in writing by a superior officer and is
not due to war-related situations, invocation of the
War Powers Act, base or unit mobilization, unit
reassignment for any reason, or disciplinary action);
or
b. are personally reassigned within 10 days prior to
Your departure date, whether temporary or
permanent."

"Active Military Duty means serving in the United States
Armed Forces on a full-time basis, not including the United
States Armed Forces Reserves."

I found this with a google search.

http://www.travelinsurancereview.ne...-travel-insurance-and-is-it-worth-purchasing/

This is the insurance policy. Says military is on page 17.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/DCLVacProtectPlan.pdf

ETA: I found military information on page 7.

8. You or a Traveling Companion, who are on Active Military
Duty in the United States Armed Forces:
a. having Your personal leave revoked within 10 days prior
to Your departure date (as long as such revocation is in
writing by a superior officer and is not due to war-related
situations, invocation of the War Powers Act, base or
unit mobilization, unit reassignment for any reason, or
disciplinary action); or
b. are personally reassigned within 10 days prior to Your
departure date, whether temporary or permanent.

Thanks! I don't what I was searching for but I certainly didn't find that! lol

I knew there was a reason we had previously chosen DCL trip insurance even with the cost being higher.

Have you looked at insurance through USAA? I know that they have a military clause in their coverage.

Jill in CO

Have you looked at insurance through USAA? I know that they have a military clause in their coverage.

Jill in CO

Jill in CO

Nope sure hadn't.... I'll def look into that. :) can we do just insurance or do I have to book the cruise through them too?

You do not have to book cruise through USAA to take advantage for the insurance. We booked through DCL ourselves but will be purchasing travel insurance through USAA once we pass the non-refundable date.

You do not have to book cruise through USAA to take advantage for the insurance. We booked through DCL ourselves but will be purchasing travel insurance through USAA once we pass the non-refundable date.

Just beware of the pre-existing waiver, with USAA it has to purchased within 30 Days of the initial payment. From their website.

"You are eligible for coverage for Trip Cancellation/Interruption and Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense (and the Medical Upgrade if this is purchased) due to a pre-existing medical condition if you purchase your travel insurance plan no longer than 30 days after initial trip deposit for Worldwide Trip Protector Gold, and 21 days for Worldwide Trip Protector. Pre-existing Medical Conditions coverage is not available on Trip Protector Lite.

A pre-existing medical condition is defined as any accident, sickness or condition (including any condition from which death ensues) that affects you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), or any member of your immediate family (insured or uninsured) and for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was obtained in the 180 days prior to the day you purchase your policy.

If the medical condition and its treatment has remained unchanged for 180 days prior to the day you purchase your policy, it is not considered pre-existing and is covered as a regular medical condition for both Trip Cancellation/Interruption, Emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, and the Medical Upgrade even if you do not purchase your policy within the time limits mentioned above.

All medical conditions, even if considered pre-existing, are covered under Emergency Evacuation, Medically Necessary Repatriation and Repatriation of Remains.

The Medical Upgrade does not relate to pre-existing medical condition coverage."

I would have purchased the insurance earlier if I had thought about it. Since I had not given it any thought until after the 21 days we decided to wait. I really just wanted the security of the insurance if the military keeps us from going or there is some trip delay.

I second (third/fourth?) the coverage through USAA. They also offer work (non-military) related for an additional fee.
:)

as long as such revocation is in
writing by a superior officer and is not due to war-related
situations, invocation of the War Powers Act, base or
unit mobilization, unit reassignment for any reason,

Doesn't that apply to quite a lot of situations? That's a pretty big exception to their coverage for military, I think.

We ùsed Travelguard. Just had to buy it before final payment was due and it also includes a clause for cancelled leave.

I tried doing a search but nothing came up. Does anyone know if DCL has a military clause in their trip insurance? It seems to me they did and that's why we went with them over other companies, but now I can't find where it would say that. Are there any other companies (like insuremytrip.com) that offer military clauses?? I looked on their websites for quotes but of course they don't list whether they have one or not.. :confused3

Next time use USAA travel insurance, they ate very supportive of military. Also, much cheaper!

We booked our cruise through the DCL website and later got a USAA policy. It was pretty cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter