• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military annual pass

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
My husband is a retired Marine so we are eligible for the military promotions--I've already purchased 3 this year on previous trips. We are going again in a couple weeks, this time as a party of 4-so we will be one ticket short since we can only purchase a maximum of 6 correct?

i will be going to Disney several more times in the next year (I run a lot of the races) so I am thinking our best option is to use the 3 tickets on my husband and kids, and I will purchase an annual pass. I've read that there is a discounted rate for military, and you can buy the voucher (hat you then bring to the gate of one of the parks to activate) at Shades of green.

Does anyone know if you can also purchase the discounted pass directly at the gate? The ticket office at Shades of Green is only open till 7 pm, and while we are trying to arrive before that--you never know if you will run into traffic or something. We want to start at the parks bright and early the next day, without having to stop at Shades of Green. If we could just go to a park the night we arrive and buy the pass--it would help us a lot. Or even that morning directly at the park we plan to go to (Hollywood Studios.)

I realize that purchasing at Shades of Green means no sales tax--and purchasing at the gate we would have to pay...but other wise is it the same price?

Thanks!

No, you cannot purchase the military discount vouchers at the gate. You can purchase them from a nearby base ticket office, if that is an option.

You also must activate the military tickets at guest services. I would suggest activation the night before so you can be ready to enter the park and avoid the morning guest services line.

Also, there isn't a military discount for annual passes but you could save money by purchasing at SOG by avoiding taxes.

Thanks. Our local military ITT office (Quantico) doesn't have them--they said only down at Disney World.
We'll just try to make it down before closing. :)

If you don't mind driving up 95, you can hit the ITT/MWR at Ft. Belvoir for the salute tickets and the discounted annual pass.

We were stationed at Belvoir a few years ago but lived in Montclair so I did all my shopping at Quantico. I was suprised that they weren't willing to order other Disney tickets, but Belvoir and Boiling were. We are now stationed in California so have been focusing on DL trips, but there used to be annual pass discounts available at both bases. You also get to purchase them tax-free. If you do this, you will be able to link your tickets and book FP+ early.

Shades of Green also has an ITT/MWR office available so if it's easier to wait and get them there you should be fine. You do need to activate the salute tickets at Guest Services before heading to the ticket booths.

Thanks. I don't mind driving to Belvoir. Dh actually works at the Pentagon (spent his entire military career successfully avoiding the Pentagon--then once he retires gets a job with a contractor at the Pentagon!), but I was going to be in the vicinity of Quantico so that's why he called there. I wil have him call Belvoir tomorrow, and if they have them, I will pick them up. :)

OK, did a little research because I was curious.

The Belvoir ITT/MWR has a new website and I couldn't find any ticket prices listed, much less the annual passes.

The Shades of Green website talks about the annual pass certificates and what to do with them but does not list them on their price sheet.

I checked the Offutt AFB website (our previous base) and they still list the annual passes as available with about a $50 savings plus tax free. It seems like if it's available at one it should be available at all, but who knows!

I know the Pentagon has an ITT office, also. that's funny that you were able to avoid it your whole career and now hubby is there :)

Good luck!

We purchased the salute tickets at the gate at Epcot a few years ago, so unless that's changed since 2012 you should be able to buy them at the gate.

You can get the salute tickets at the Disney gate you will just pay taxes on them.

Yes, you can get the SALUTE tickets at the gate, but the OP needs a military discounted Annual Pass, which you CANNOT get at the gate.

Also, you pay tax when purchasing at the gate. When purchased at a military ITT location (which SOG is) all purchases are tax free :)

Some ITTs will mail you ticket media -- you just need to fax them your CC info and a copy of your ID. For example, MacDill AFB ITT can help (once they get their comms systems fixed...).

If you don't mind driving up 95, you can hit the ITT/MWR at Ft. Belvoir for the salute tickets and the discounted annual pass.

We were stationed at Belvoir a few years ago but lived in Montclair so I did all my shopping at Quantico. I was suprised that they weren't willing to order other Disney tickets, but Belvoir and Boiling were. We are now stationed in California so have been focusing on DL trips, but there used to be annual pass discounts available at both bases. You also get to purchase them tax-free. If you do this, you will be able to link your tickets and book FP+ early.

Shades of Green also has an ITT/MWR office available so if it's easier to wait and get them there you should be fine. You do need to activate the salute tickets at Guest Services before heading to the ticket booths.

It's funny how the different ITT offices have different policies. Sometimes I think it just depends on who's working that day or who answers the phone unfortunately....

We lived at Belvoir for 4 years. On 2 different trips we tried to buy our tickets at Belvoir and they refused to "order" tickets for us unless we booked our package through their TA. Both trips we took while living at Belvoir we ended up ordering our tickets from Pax River.

Then this past April I tried to buy tickets at Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and they refused to order them for the same reason. I ended up calling to the satellite office across the river ( I knew the guy over there ) and he told me he would order them without a problem - we would just have to wait until the next order came in (1-2 weeks).

OK, did a little research because I was curious.

The Belvoir ITT/MWR has a new website and I couldn't find any ticket prices listed, much less the annual passes.

The Shades of Green website talks about the annual pass certificates and what to do with them but does not list them on their price sheet.

I checked the Offutt AFB website (our previous base) and they still list the annual passes as available with about a $50 savings plus tax free. It seems like if it's available at one it should be available at all, but who knows!

I know the Pentagon has an ITT office, also. that's funny that you were able to avoid it your whole career and now hubby is there :)

Good luck!
After your post, I went to the SoG website to check for myself. I was considering the military discount AP last year. They had listed the AP and Premium AP prices in previous years and now that is gone. I recall the savings was $50.

We ordered our annual pass from camp Pendleton and paid $639 for annual pass (no tax). Disney site list price with tax as $696.51. So there is a discount if purchased through the military. It took approximately 3 weeks for our tickets to arrive via fedex.

We are currently stationed at Beale AFB in Northern CA and the ITT here offers electronic tickets for most places, including WDW and DL. They can do ANY ticket or Annual Pass offered by Disney and print it out on the spot ~ wonder why more ITTs aren't the same? :confused3

I remember the days of ordering tickets, did this at all our previous stations, and arrival time could be as short as 2 days and as long as 3 weeks. Strangely, while living overseas, we usually waited the least amount of time!

Thanks everyone! We called Belvoir and they don't have them. I think at this point we will just hope we make it down there before the Shade of Green ticket office closes--and if we have to stop by in the morning, so be it.
Does anyone happen to know--if we drive down and want to go to Shades of Green for the ticket office, before we check in to our resort (CSR) will we have a hard time getting in? I can't remember if SOG is before or after that checkpoint for MK parking---and since we wouldn't have checked into CSR yet, would we get charged?

Also, I know SOG charges for parking--will we have to pay even though we will only be there very briefly to buy the tickets? Or only overnight/more than a few hours charged?

Thank you!

Thanks everyone! We called Belvoir and they don't have them. I think at this point we will just hope we make it down there before the Shade of Green ticket office closes--and if we have to stop by in the morning, so be it.
Does anyone happen to know--if we drive down and want to go to Shades of Green for the ticket office, before we check in to our resort (CSR) will we have a hard time getting in? I can't remember if SOG is before or after that checkpoint for MK parking---and since we wouldn't have checked into CSR yet, would we get charged?

Also, I know SOG charges for parking--will we have to pay even though we will only be there very briefly to buy the tickets? Or only overnight/more than a few hours charged?

Thank you!
SOG is past the MK ITT parking lot kiosks -- go like you're headed for the Poly. Tell them you're going to SOG. I think it's only $5 to park in the Garage.

1. Does anyone happen to know--if we drive down and want to go to Shades of Green for the ticket office, before we check in to our resort (CSR) will we have a hard time getting in?
2. I can't remember if SOG is before or after that checkpoint for MK parking---
3. and since we wouldn't have checked into CSR yet, would we get charged?
4. Also, I know SOG charges for parking--will we have to pay even though we will only be there very briefly to buy the tickets?
5. Or only overnight/more than a few hours charged?

Thank you!

1. Don't know.
2. After MK parking gates. (Same for Poly, WL, CR, and GF.)
3. No.
4. Just tell the guard what you're doing.
5. Should be no problem.

Thank you!
All the MK Deluxe Resorts are accessed by first going thru that MK toll gate. But those guests, and anyone with business at one of those resorts, don't have to pay to pass thru. Just stay over to the right side and stop at one of the toll booths farthest to the right. Tell the CM that you're going to Shades of Green. They'll say OK, then you bear right. You'll see a road to the right. That is a continuation of World Drive. Stay on that, get in the left lane. You'll pass the MK parking lot, then come to a signal intersection with Seven Seas Dr. on the left. Turn left and follow Seven Seas Dr until it ends, just past the Polynesian Village Resort. You'll come to a "T" intersection and turn right (north) onto Floridian Way. Shades of Green will be immediately on your left.

To exit SoG, turn right and head south on Floridian Way. When you pass the Hess Station, I think you'll know where you area. Stay headed south and exit at Buena Vista Drive WEST. CSR will be just a short distance off the exit, on your right.

I'm not sure about a parking fee or not at SoG. It was free the last time I was there (a few years ago). Tell the Gate Guard why you're there and he/she should be able to give you the help you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter