Military and Florida Resident Rates

tmws66

Mouseketeer
My DH and I now live in England but we lived in Florida before our move. We each have a Florida drivers license and vote in Florida. Will we be able to purchase a Florida Resident Season Pass?

Thanks for your help!

Technically, you should be able to. I buy Florida resident tickets/passes all the time. All I need to show is a valid driver's license upon activating it for the first time. After that, I'm good. Next year though, you'd have to renew it and prove residence again I believe.

My DH and I now live in England but we lived in Florida before our move. We each have a Florida drivers license and vote in Florida. Will we be able to purchase a Florida Resident Season Pass?

Thanks for your help!

I am hazarding a guess that you are military and are now stationed in England?

If Florida is where you will file your taxes and have made it your home state, than you should be able to do everything a regular Florida resident does.

If however, in the past, you considered another state as your 'home' state, and did not change that when you came to Florida, than no, you would not now be considered a FLorida resident.

Thanks for your help. I guess I was worried because we do not have a Florida address, though voting is through Florida.

We were able to do this when we were stationed in England years ago. Florida was my DH's home of record and he kept his FL drivers license during 20 years of active duty. I showed ID to prove I was his spouse. Once he retired, he got a VA license and we said goodbye to the resident discount. Don't know how things have changed - he's been retired from active duty for quite a while.

If you are military no longer living in Florida and Florida is not the military member's home of record or the spouse's home state, then neither of you are Florida residents. If you are not Florida residents, you need to relinquish your FL licenses and you should not be voting in Florida either. If you use your FL license to fraudulently purchase resident passes, no one is going to stop you.

If you are military no longer living in Florida and Florida is not the military member's home of record or the spouse's home state, then neither of you are Florida residents. If you are not Florida residents, you need to relinquish your FL licenses and you should not be voting in Florida either. If you use your FL license to fraudulently purchase resident passes, no one is going to stop you.
Exactly. They look at your FL ID, they don't scan it or anything to make sure it's valid. I wouldn't do it if it was against the rules, but I can't really speak for others.

Thanks for your help. I guess I was worried because we do not have a Florida address, though voting is through Florida.

I'm not understanding. You say you don't have a Florida address but you can vote through Florida. How is this possible? As a resident of FL this concerns me more than a discount you are looking for quite frankly. I used to live in NY I don't vote as a NYer.

I'm not understanding. You say you don't have a Florida address but you can vote through Florida. How is this possible? As a resident of FL this concerns me more than a discount you are looking for quite frankly. I used to live in NY I don't vote as a NYer.

Military personnel can do this because their state of residence is FL despite the fact they are stationed overseas.

Military personnel can do this because their state of residence is FL despite the fact they are stationed overseas.

Good Morning

We're a military family, I do understand how it works. The way the OP has stated it though she/he is not saying this is their home state. I'm just asking if it is. They are saying they used to live here. Seems like other posters aren't sure if they technically live here either.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your replies. I just want to clarify, that before we got stationed in England my DH and I lived and worked in Florida for 6 years. And as stated earlier "Military personnel can do this because their state of residence is FL despite the fact they are stationed overseas."

Thanks again for all the replies.

Thanks all for your replies. I just want to clarify, that before we got stationed in England my DH and I lived and worked in Florida for 6 years. And as stated earlier "Military personnel can do this because their state of residence is FL despite the fact they are stationed overseas."

Thanks again for all the replies.

So good if it's your home state you have no problems Thanks to your family for your service

Don't listen to anyone here. Just show your Florida id at the window and your set. They don't scan it, ask for other ways to prove your are a Florida resident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter