• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Miley Cyrus

I have a question... is Miley Cyrus her real name? It is always a debate between my 2 girls and their friends... I have NO idea, but I would think so... so does anyone know the answer???

Thanks

I have a question... is Miley Cyrus her real name? It is always a debate between my 2 girls and their friends... I have NO idea, but I would think so... so does anyone know the answer???

Thanks

According to a trivia game we played over New Years, her real name is Destiny.

She got the nickname Miley because as a baby she smiled a lot. So, Smiley morphed into Miley.

I don't want to be mean but you might to try this thread over on the teen board. I don't think there are many 8-12 year olds on this board.

I do have to say I'm so glad my DD8 isn't into her. Of course my not allowing her to watch her show or listen to her music might have something to do with it. I just don't see her as a good role model for my child.
OT but, there's not any 8-12 year olds on the Teen Board either. :)

I personally do not care for her music/or acting.

According to a trivia game we played over New Years, her real name is Destiny.

She got the nickname Miley because as a baby she smiled a lot. So, Smiley morphed into Miley.

Thanks! I will tell them in the morning and see what they say! I can't remember what they were saying her name was so I will see if that is what they thought!

Thanks! I will tell them in the morning and see what they say! I can't remember what they were saying her name was so I will see if that is what they thought!

My 10 year old says her name is Destiny as well. She told me that about six months ago - not sure where she heard it from though.

I do have to say I'm so glad my DD8 isn't into her. Of course my not allowing her to watch her show or listen to her music might have something to do with it. I just don't see her as a good role model for my child.

I tend to agree.

How in the word her parents allowed a 14 year old to sing about sex during the Disney Christmas parade is beyond me. If there is any genre that has a wealth of songs to choose from, it is Christmas songs. And yet, the parents and powers to be allowed a 14 year old child to get up and sing all All I Want For Christmas Is You? :confused3

Not a good role model for young children at all. High Schoolers maybe. Unfortunately, high school kids are not her target audience. In fact, if the high schoolers I know are any indication, they all pretty much despise her as the teeny bopper queen. Not cool at all.

I tend to agree.

How in the word her parents allowed a 14 year old to sing about sex during the Disney Christmas parade is beyond me. If there is any genre that has a wealth of songs to choose from, it is Christmas songs. And yet, the parents and powers to be allowed a 14 year old child to get up and sing all All I Want For Christmas Is You? :confused3

Not a good role model for young children at all. High Schoolers maybe. Unfortunately, high school kids are not her target audience. In fact, if the high schoolers I know are any indication, they all pretty much despise her as the teeny bopper queen. Not cool at all.

Wow! I always thought that song was about love and wanting to be with someone who is not there, not about sex! :confused3

Wow! I always thought that song was about love and wanting to be with someone who is not there, not about sex! :confused3

Same here. I must be naive.

Personally, I'm glad my daughter is really into Miley/Hannah. So many other girls her age (12) are into much worse role models than her. Why speculate that she'll go down the wrong path? Plenty of other teen stars don't, but they're not the ones you're hearing about in the news.

Is "holding on to me so tight" a euphemism or something? :confused3

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
You

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You baby

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I don't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeers click
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you
Ooh baby
All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me...

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door
Oh I just want you for my own
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is...
You

Never really thought about it that way, but there could be some suggestiveness to the lyrics.

I mean, when a woman says to a man "I want you", it doesn't mean she wants him to take her shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter