Milesource/GiveAnything Surprise

redferg

Earning My Ears
Only need 40 points to get another certificate at Milesource so I went to look at my options. A note popped up saying they were having problems with GiveAnything, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, when I clicked on awards for 3500-4999 points I got the gift certificate option. I clicked that and instead of the choice between shopping online or offline all I got were six online options only. Are they doing away with the offline certificates? They didn't have a single thing online I want. I looked at Restraunt.com but didn't find anything there I could use where I live or on a trip.

Although GiveAnything.com is not a good redemption partner, I am not happy with Milesource's decision. Here I am with almost enough awardmiles to redeem again for another $25 gift card.

The bad thing is.... I'm still waiting on two $25 gift cards from GiveAnything.com that I redeemed back in May. I sure hope I get these.

I wish Milesource would bring back giftcertificates.com. They have many choices and they were quick!!

Thanks for the heads up.

I just got a GiveAnything certificate number today and when I went to redeem it, I thought the same thing -- that you could no longer get gift cards -- and I was really disgusted.

Then I started poking around and I finally figured out that on www.milesourcerewards.com if you click on the TEXT that says "You can use your AwardMiles to get Gift Certificates from many national retailers" it will take you to the page where you can order the gift cards. It sure isn't obvious, but it's still available!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks so much, Mary!!! :) Just tried it out and it works like a charm. Now if I can only hurry up and reach the award level before Milesource discover this "backdoor".

Thanks, Mary! That is a relief. Now maybe I will get them before Christmas.

Originally posted by redferg
Thanks, Mary! That is a relief. Now maybe I will get them before Christmas.

Good Luck!!! I ordered myine in March and received them yesterday!:rolleyes:

They must be playing catch-up -- my husband and I submitted for several awards in May and June and they all showed up in the last couple of days. I notice they seem to be coming from a completely different fulfillment house, so maybe that was the hold-up.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Hi, Mary! :wave:

Thanks again for all the information you share will all of us, both here and on your website! We truly appreciate it! :D

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The ability to order giveanything certificates is back. I think it was just gone for a day or two.

Carol

thank you I just redeemed by $50 I could not figure out away to get to that page, I got Red Lobster certs. Nothing else looked good but hey it is a meal. I had been pouting about the whole all weekend.

Thank Mary

Kae

Just received my two $25 Gift cert/card from GiveAnything.com today!!!!!!!!

It took a while to get these, though. After all, I redeemed my Milesource awardmiles on May 21st.

For future reference, the envelope that it came in didn't say anything at all about GiveAnything.com. It said it was from
"AWARD HEADQUARTERS".

So, be on the lookout for them.

I'm happy, happy, happy!!!

:Pinkbounc

I'm still new at milesource & I can't figure out how many points you need to purchase a gift certificate? Does anyone know & where is it posted?
Thanks
pgjam

Does anyone know how many points you need for a $25 Red Lobster GC, and also for a $50 Red Lobster GC? I wan't to redeem but can't seem to find how many points I need for either GC.
Thanks a bunch.
Rita:D

For a $25 GC, you would need to have 3500 award miles.

For a $50 GC, you would need to have 6000 award miles.

I hope this helps some..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter