• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mild mission space

you experience the same ride as the original but you don't spin.

I loved it! We are total weenies (dd freaked out on Barnstormer!). It was me, mil, ds9, and dd6. And the lab where you exit is so much fun. I'm planning an hour there this year, so we don't have to rush through it.

It's amazing how much of the 'good' sensation you do get, though. I can't tell that big a difference, except no feeling of possibly getting ill on the milder one.

So it doesn't move at all?? Wow - wish I had known that and I would have ridden it a couple of weeks ago. I thought that it still moved, just not at the same g-force. Good to know for the future!!

There's no spinning, but there's a lot of tilting up and down, and vibration. It was still uncomfortable enough for me that I'm in no hurry to go back. Didn't make me sick, but wasn't a pleasant sensation.

It's so mild, I have seriously thought about trying the orange side. After we got out I said "That's It?"

No spinning, the warnings about neck and back problems are gone, and there's no mention that you have to sit back in your seat and keep your eyes forward at all times. Otherwise, the same storyline, the same Gary Sinise (well worth the trip IMHO). I ride this with a broken neck.

Is it clear which is mild and which is "normal"? I adore the normal one and would be SORELY upset if I got on the mild one.

We did both sides when we there in May. We did the mild side first and it was very mild in my opinion and I'm not a huge fan of roller coasters (although I do all the Disney ones!) We then did the more intense side and you can definitely tell the difference, but it was so much fun! Maybe try the mild side first to get a taste of it and then decide if you want to try the intense one. Just know that it is definitely more intense!

Oh I've done the non-mild one. There wasn't a mild option when I went. I LOVED it! I'm glad there's still the more intense version. I would miss it dearly!! Will definitely be doing it over Christmas!! (Single-rider most likely as the rest of my family does the mild version...though sis may do the intense with me.)

Is it clear which is mild and which is "normal"? I adore the normal one and would be SORELY upset if I got on the mild one.

VERY, VERY, clear. Before you even reach the line there is a CM that will ask you if you want the spinning or non-spinning side and will give you either an orange or green card and point you towards the correct, well labeled, line. Each line has its own wait time and if you want the orange side just get into the longer line.

Green side has a lot shorter line normally. My DSIL and I was able to ride it 3 or 4 times before the rest of the family got to ride the orange side even once. I LOVE the green side and would love to ride the orange but can't due to medical issues. The ONLY difference in the two is that the green side doesn't spin so you only experience 1 G on lift off instead of the multiple Gs of the orange side. The green side is still lots of fun.

Why would it upset you? It is only a ride and the mild side is still very well done.

VERY, VERY, clear. Before you even reach the line there is a CM that will ask you if you want the spinning or non-spinning side and will give you either an orange or green card and point you towards the correct, well labeled, line. Each line has its own wait time and if you want the orange side just get into the longer line.

Green side has a lot shorter line normally. My DSIL and I was able to ride it 3 or 4 times before the rest of the family got to ride the orange side even once. I LOVE the green side and would love to ride the orange but can't due to medical issues. The ONLY difference in the two is that the green side doesn't spin so you only experience 1 G on lift off instead of the multiple Gs of the orange side. The green side is still lots of fun.

Why would it upset you? It is only a ride and the mild side is still very well done.

Thanks-I really appreciate your clear description. The main reason I haven't tried the mild side is that I've been so afraid that I'd accidently end up with the "wild" ride. You've given me the confidence that I can do it, and will be steered to the correct "mild" side. Just make sure I get a green card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter