• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mikka + Redwitch's F&W craziness: food, drink, and as always, pictures! Updated 4/12: teppen edo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look up the documentary, too, and it looks like something mom and I would both enjoy. Amazing!

And Morimoto's is totally the place to go for the traditional experience. The only difference is you usually point things out to the waitress rather then the chef (as the chef's don't all speak English and are busy), but it was still very interactive with the chef often directly handing you the sushi.

Kimono's is one of Disney's least known restaurants! It's in the Swalfin (the one on the left coming from Epcot, that doesn't have Bluezoo and Shula's in it) Resorts. It's tiny- Beaches and Cream level tiny- and is part lounge, part sushi bar. All they serve is sushi and appetizers (so miso soup, edamame, takoyaki type stuff), and they have both sashimi/nigiri as well as rolls (and they also have soy paper if someone in the party is allergic to seaweed), and then a large collection of sake (with some beer and plum wine stuff). As it's not on any dining plan and it's so small, it doesn't get a lot of talk. It's always mostly been eaten at by convention guests staying at either the Swan or Dolphin, especially Japanese ones. They used to have karaoke each night.

It has a traditional sushi counter for the traditional experience, and I think their quality is as good as Morimoto, but I don't think their variety is as good. Having said that, though, they also specialize in rolls as Americans know them, so if you have like, someone who wants sashimi and someone who wants rolls, it's a great compromise place. We haven't been there in two years or so, though, so I can't give it a full recommendation, but we liked it and though the service was quite nice and the selection was good.

I'd say try both, and see which is better! I'd love to do that one trip. :D
You should totally watch the documentary!!
Thanks for explaining about Kimono's. I've never been to the Swan or the Dolphin but I have read about Bluezoo and Shula's. I guess both Kimono's and Morimoto's will need to go on my "next time" list :-) (Which is getting SO long!)

(yes, I drank a whole beer- is anyone proud of me? Anyone?)
I am! I'm proud of you! I could never drink a whole beer!

There's a Dis_Yoda in your report! Sober Dis_Yoda - not so sober Dis_Yoda at the end ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter