• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mike & Suzy's Honeymoon Photo Filled Food Adventure

We'd moved from the Poly to the All Star Movies a night or two before this. Not food or drink related, so I guess I didn't post our move on this thread.

Ah!:thumbsup2 That makes sense! I thought it might have been an after effect of alcohol.

Can't wait to read more!

On day six of their honeymoon Mike and Suzy were not happy campers. They were not even gleeful hikers. And they were far from being jubilant spelunkers. This was due to them being hung-over honeymooners.

Come morning, they were able to walk and talk, if you generously define the terms, but they were desperately in need of some food to fill their stomachs and get their blood flowing again. So off they trumped to the All Star Movies cafeteria. It was surprisingly busy, but Mike soon got a hangover burger;
IMG_2438.jpg

and Suzy got a hangover Sandwich;
IMG_2439.jpg

Both were inimitably passable grub food of the kind you could get in any college cafeteria, but they achieved the goal of fully waking Mike and Suzy up and really what more could you ask of hangover food?

After that was done, Mike and Suzy had front row seats for the Hoop De Doo Review;
IMG_2522.jpg

The hall is quite large and themed like a Old West theatre;
IMG_2529.jpg

And the food is served in large portions, and is typical western grub such as cornbread;
IMG_2525.jpg

Salad;
IMG_2527.jpg

And a truly disgusting sangria which Mike and Suzy tried one sip of and then pushed aside for the rest of the night;
IMG_2532.jpg

The mashed potatoes, chicken, ribs, and beans were all . . . decent. A bit like you’d get in some all-you-can-eat buffet;
IMG_2543.jpg

Now, Mike had strong memories of the strawberry shortcake at the Hoop De Doo Review being the best strawberry shortcake in the entire world and every other strawberry shortcake being a poor imitation, a mere shade, of the sublime beauty that was the Hoop De Doo Review’s Strawberry Shortcake. It is greatly regretted that this is no longer the case. Either they changed how they made strawberry shortcake (boo-hiss) or Mike’s memory is wrong (unpossible), but regardless instead of savoring the strawberry shortcake, Mike only had a some of his. The memory of past greatness was just too strong to make the present enjoyable;
IMG_2566.jpg

The actors all suited their parts well, although by sitting so close to the stage Mike and Suzy got a much better look at them then would normally be the case and it can be a bit distracting to count the number of pores on someone doing a dancing jig;
IMG_2544.jpg

The actors also really play-up their roles and aren’t afraid of posing for pictures on-stage;
IMG_2556.jpg

Captain Tight-Pants had a pretty good singing-voice;
IMG_2563.jpg

And the show really gets the audience involved, by having them stomp their feat, yell, and wave their handkerchiefs around;
IMG_2554.jpg

As well as getting them to play a musical instrument alla Washboard-Hero;
IMG_2568.jpg

You’ve got washboard power – Use It!;
IMG_2569.jpg

Have I posted here yet?

I'm not sure.

But I love your reviews and I'm sorry the strawberry shortcake didn't live up to your memory. But what great seats at the HDDR!

BTW...I almost puked in sympathy of your morning after PI. But I can't wait to go to the Adventurer's Club.

Carry on.

:cool2:

Great review, I think you did remarkably well with your hangovers. The Hoop-de-Doo sounds like fun.

Laur's princess:

Aren't burgers and fries the best hang-over food?
I have been lurking on this fantastic thread for a while and just had to come out of the woodwork to say two things:

1. I don't think I have ever read a more entertaining report. Miss Mouse is especially enjoying the use of the third person.
2. The absolute best hangover food is the Moon's Over My Hammy from Denny's. Trust me.

That is all. Carry on!

Mike and Suzy were a little unsure if they wanted to do another Character Meal, but the reservations had already been made so the two departed for the Princess Storybook Breakfast at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in World Showcase.

They were greeted at the door by Belle who was kind enough to formally dress up for the occasion, thereby making Mike and Suzy look like the slobs they are:
IMG_2585.jpg

Once inside the décor proved to be up to the usual Disney standard:
IMG_2588.jpg

Mike had never had Norwegian food before so he was curious to give it a try. There was an appetizer bar before the main meal that provided many dishes, but nothing that Mike had never tried before, although the cheeses were very tasty:
IMG_2587.jpg

Suzy got a pretty standard meat and potatoes dish;
IMG_2589.jpg

While Mike asked the waiter for the most “Norwegian” item on the menu and got a Traditional Kjottkaker which has cauliflower, garlic, cheese infused mashed potato, and a beet sauce. Mike is not in love with Norwegian food and will probably not have it again, but he is glad that he got to give it a try;
IMG_2591.jpg

The couple also received yet another complimentary desert tray. Disney obviously has some fiendish plot to try and get the couple to be too big to fit on the airplane home, thereby forcing them to stay in the parks forever;
IMG_2598.jpg

In between stuffing their faces with meats and vegetables cooked by a people who think fermented trout is the height of culinary excellence, various Princess came by and introduced themselves to Mike and Suzy. They were all very nice and complimentary to the Honeymooners and congratulated the duo profusely. Here is Suzy with Ariel:
IMG_2592.jpg

Mike with Aurora;
IMG_2593.jpg

Pocahontas was showing off her goods . . . by which the author means her necklace . . . no . . . no, he doesn’t;
IMG_2596.jpg

And here is Mike trying to strike an Aladdin-like pose with Jasmine;
IMG_2599.jpg

Thanks for sharing your review on Akershus. Those cheeses look really good.

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter