Mike' Make Over Madness!

Hi Mike:
Finally catching up on my reading of other Journals and had to drop by and say hello.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother I went through the same with my father he also said no more chemo. He was just tired of being sick all the time and actually started living again.

As soon as I read your comment about getting your picture with Donald I had to look over my shoulder at a picture from last year with Captain Hook and me. It really needs an update or better a replacement. Maybe I can turn the frame vertical instead of its current horizontal position.

Keep up the good work and I will see you in December.

RussH

Good morning Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( She will be in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

I'm happy to hear that you added the extra ticket to your WDW plan! One of the reasons we have AK scheduled is so that we can eat at Tusker House. I've seen Tusker House's food on WDW: Unwrapped from the Food Network so I just have to try it! It looks soooo good! :goodvibes (Think that show sends out subliminal messages? ;) )

I hope your Monday is a good one! :sunny:

Hi Mike, rough stuff about your grandma, hard thing to deal with, cancer's bad but chemo ain't much better. Maybe she can try some natural treatments instead, I think some of them can be effective, and chemo's no guarantee anyway. Weird thing going back to Domino's, one of the other drivers that I knew from before tells me, "I had cancer, and its cured", so I got to feel bad and good for him in rapid succession.

Your mention of Tarzan surprised me, I was still under the impression that it would be closed before we got there, so I went and read stuff and now I'm happy that it will still be around for us. I love the music from the movie, good rockin' stuff. Kind of takes a little of the sting out of not getting to ride Expedition: Everest yet, earlier this year it sounded like there was an outside chance that there would be a soft opening for it by dec, but doesn't sound like it now. Hey, just a good excuse for another trip next year!!

Keep on truckin'!! you rock!! more than Tarzan!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi, Mike! So sorry to hear about your Grandma. I don't know what to say except to send you a :hug: and tell you I will be keeping your family in my prayers.

I saw the same show as Tracy on the Food Network about Tusker House and am similarly inclined to make a special trip to AK just to eat there -- it looked so good! And it probably would fit really well into your eating plan. YUM! I would LOVE to see your before and "in progress" pictures with Donald! Just think! You could do it again in April and see another significant change!

Thinking so much of you and how excited you must be about your trip. We'll be there just a month after you for the 1/2. In case I forget to mention it later, be sure to tell Mickey I send smoochy kisses and will see him soon! :teeth:

Hi All!! Thank you for your support and your prayers for my grandma!

RussH - So sorry to hear that you went through a similar situation with your dad. My grandma definitely feels like she would rather live her life to the fullest she can than go through the nightmare of chemo again. It is not easy but I do support her decisions. I did get a nice chuckle out of your picture comment. I too am hoping to not need a panoramic lens on my camera when I go back this time! hehe

Tracy - Thank you!! :grouphug: Now hold on a minute, there was a WDW Unwrapped on the Food Network and I missed it???? How the? What the?? Well I need to watch for that to come around again I guess!!! I just looked at the Tusker House menu and the chicken salad might be a good balance for the naughty bits I know I will probably have at Donald's! hehe

Don - Thank you for sharing your exp with your co-worker. I will def keep everyone updated on what happens with my grandma. As for Tarzan, I think you will like it if you like the music. It is performed by a live rock band with extreme sports type performers doing all kinds of "jungle stunts". The live singing of those great songs always chokes me up! hehe!

Cam - As always, thank you for your support! :grouphug: I will definitely share my "before" shot with the DIS eventually. You saw this WDW special too?? How did I miss it?? Though I have a vague memory about a show where there covered how the pizzas were made in the parks in the pizza robot type machine... was that part of that one?? hehe

Ok, so I can't wait for the weekend to be over so I can talk to my boss about my January trip! My non-Disney loving sister is now excited to do Disneyland with me, and my mom is talking about flying in for the weekend too because she wants to be there for our first time to Disneyland as she was the one who took us to Disneyworld first! That would be very cool to share my Disney love with them. Not sure I shared on here but while visiting together this weekend my mom and sister found the scrapbook I did at 12 of our first Disney trip ever!!! It is full of pics, ticket stubs, programs, souveneirs, etc. I don't even remember doing it, well not until she mentioned it! hehe She said she is going to send it to me, I hope she does, I would love to see it. If I get it I will post some pics of it on here! hehe

I just made a late lunch of a hash made with celery, radishes, and some bacon, then put two poached eggs on top and some parm cheese. Was delish! And I totally overcooked about 1/2 of the hash (I put half in a warm oven to hold and then cranked the hear up on the remaining half) so there were lots of crispy bits reminiscient of hashbrowns but much lower carb! hehe Dinner tonight will be my fave chicken kabobs I think, we'll see!!

It is a cold rainy day here so I don't have a lot of motivation, blehhh! Think I may just pop a DVD in soon, Cinderella maybe? hehe!

Have a great day all!
Mike :goodvibes

p.s HAd to add an edit! I just got an email from the DIS store, my order shipped! I can't wait to get my lime green DIS shirt so I can wear it to the WISH meet! hehe! :)

Hi All!

Quick note as it is weigh in day... I have lost 5lbs this week! I have discovered the secret to weight loss, it is the head sized chocolate chip cookies available at the Student Union Cafe here at the college. I had them several times last week, well usually one half to 2/3 of a cookie, the whole thing is bog enough to feed a village, and look at my results. hehe! Who's for helping me write the Chocolate Chip Cookie Diet book?? any takers?? hehe!

Have a great day!

mmmmmm.....cookies.....chocolate...... :earboy2:

You're plummetting towards the 300 club at a breakneck pace, too awesome!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: pirate:

Hey, Mike! Awesome! Congrats on your loss and on being that much closer to your December trip goal! You should be so proud of yourself! :goodvibes: I am very very happy for you. And, you know, sometimes you have to shake your body up a bit and those cookies may have done just that. Now, don't go thinking you can do that every week, though! ;)

Have a great day, Bud! :hug:

DisDon said:
mmmmmm.....cookies.....chocolate...... :earboy2:

You're plummetting towards the 300 club at a breakneck pace, too awesome!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: pirate:

Thanks dude! I hope to be there by WDW in Dec!! :cool1:

keenercam said:
Hey, Mike! Awesome! Congrats on your loss and on being that much closer to your December trip goal! You should be so proud of yourself! :goodvibes: I am very very happy for you. And, you know, sometimes you have to shake your body up a bit and those cookies may have done just that. Now, don't go thinking you can do that every week, though! ;)

Have a great day, Bud! :hug:

Doing my best cookie monster impression:
"Me want cookies!! Cooooooooooooookie!!!!"

hehehe Like my new avatar? ;)

Thanks Cam!! I am hoping now I will meet my april goal by my december trip!! I also just got the ok from my boss to plan my January trip to my sister and DIsneyland!! Yay!!

Having a good day here, hope you are too!

Mykelogan said:
Doing my best cookie monster impression:
"Me want cookies!! Cooooooooooooookie!!!!"

hehehe Like my new avatar? ;)

I love it. Cookie Monster was always my favorite. Howard likes SuperGrover!

Mikelogan said:
Thanks Cam!! I am hoping now I will meet my april goal by my december trip!!
I was thinking that but didn't want to jinx you. It looks very do-able, doesn't it? Better watch out -- we are going to call you the Incredible Shrinking Man!

Mikelogan said:
I also just got the ok from my boss to plan my January trip to my sister and DIsneyland!! Yay!!

Having a good day here, hope you are too!

Heck! You really are having a great day, aren't you!? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. You deserve all the goodness you get, Mike, for the kindness you show. :hug:

HI Mike,

So sorry to hear the news about your Grandma. You and yours are in my thoughts.

You are doing such a great job. Congrats on losing 5 more pounds!!!!! that is awesome.

Keep up the good work

Hi all!!

Cam -- I think it is doable! Especially with me finally getting my exercise on track lately. ... Cookies!!!!!! LOL :rotfl:

Jamie -- Thank you for your thoughts about my grandma. And for the congrats! hehe :) Thanks for posting on my journal, I appreciate your support!

So as I posted on the Red Team thread, I finally got to the water aerobics class here on campus yesterday... and it kicked my butt! hehe! In a good way though. My legs are sooooo sore today! It's a small class, me and three women my grandmother's age. They were excited to have a man there! hehe For now I am planning to go every other day or so until I really get used to it. If I went today my legs would quit! hehe I did a lot to, I swam around beforehand for like 45min and then did the 60min class. Was very stress relieving too, I always find such serenity in a pool. :)

Today is a busy one! So I have to get going. I hope that everyone has a great day and a healthy one!

Mike -- I am so glad you finally got to try that class. And I am really glad it kicked your butt! ;) Seriously, though, I can always appreciate when I can "feel" that I exercised my muscles.

I think you need to join the October Exercise Challenge. You can just go back and figure out all the huge amounts of exercise you have already done this month in your Big Loser challenge and keep adding to it. I bet you'd be astonished at how many minutes you've done this month. And I'd love to have you involved in that challenge! Just a thought. It doesn't require any additional effort beyond what you are doing already. :teeth: I know, I am a pain in the neck!

Hope your busy day isn't too bad. Have a great one!

Hi Mike,

First of all, I love your new avatar! Second of all, yes... I will be more than happy to help you create the Chocolate Chip Cookie Diet! :teeth: Third of all, how much do you think it would take for us to get Cookie Monster on board as a spokes-monster? :rotfl: Hee hee!

Mike, I have a question for you... When you lose your next 12 pounds, will that put you in the 300 club? (Math has never been one of my strong suits. :blush: ) I looked at your ticker today and I am just amazed at how quickly you are making progress! You are doing such a fantastic job! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

I'm getting super excited about WDW! My planning is on hold for awhile, but it's fun to sit and Disney dream during the day. :goodvibes

Have a great day, Mike! :sunny:

ME WANT COOKIE!!!!!

I LOVE you new avatar--it makes me smile every time I see it.

Big, huge, congrats to you for making it to the class!!! You're so right, they just love having a man there! You'll get more attention that you ever thought you'd want. Glad to hear it was a challenging workout. Who'd have ever thought you could sweat in a pool?

I totally agree with you that being in the water is so fun and freeing! I still have enough body fat that I float naturally without having to try to keep myself up. I know I'm in for a rude awakening one day when I paddle myself into the deep end only to sink like a stone. Assuming I survive, it will be a great day!

I'm so proud of you and the progress that you've made! Remember when you weren't sure you could get through the grocery store? Remember when it was a big deal to deliver something across campus? Look at you now!!! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Congrats to you and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hi All!!

Cam -- Thanks for getting me to join the challenge!!! :) Your support helps keep me motivated!

Tracy -- I get more excited by the day about WDW myself! hehe Especially since I added my day at Animal Kingdom! I still haven't gotten my sought after ADRs for Le Cellier and a Fantasmic Dinner Package, but I will be excited even if I don't get them! hehe As for my weight, yep, 12 pounds and I am in the 300 club!! Yay!! :) Thanks for your support!

Pearlieq -- Glad you like my new avatar too! He is growing on me! hehe I do look back at how different my life was just a few months ago and I am amazed. I could not even think about going to a store like Target to shop then, and now I leisurely stroll one store for an hour and then go right to another one, it is a great change!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am having a wild week here, I am removing my first resident from housing this week so that can be rough but he knew where his behavior was leading and he still went through with it. I'm just too nice sometimes so I feel for the person even though they made their own bed! hehe I did however book my flight to San Diego so that is great! I cannot decide what I am more excited about, seeing where my sister lives or going to Disneyland! LOL

I have to log off soon as I am headed to water aerobics early tomorrow! I am going to see if I can get myself into a Mon-Wed-Fri pattern with the class. Honestly my legs are still a little sore from Tuesday's class even so we'll see what happens! I know it will get easier as it goes along.

Have a happy & healthy night!

Hi Mike!!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday!!!! You are doing a great job!

Keep up the good work

Mykelogan said:
Hi All!!

Tracy -- I get more excited by the day about WDW myself! hehe Especially since I added my day at Animal Kingdom! I still haven't gotten my sought after ADRs for Le Cellier and a Fantasmic Dinner Package, but I will be excited even if I don't get them! hehe As for my weight, yep, 12 pounds and I am in the 300 club!! Yay!! :) Thanks for your support!

Mike,

That is wonderful! :Pinkbounc I am so happy for you! :goodvibes You have made such amazing progress in a short amount of time. You can do anything you put your mind to! Go Mike Go! :cheer2:

Hope you have a wonderful Friday! :sunny:

Hi Mike I'm back.. You probally had no idea I left the boards. :rotfl2: I am here to stay. This month has been bad without my friends. I see you are doing wonderful. You are the perfect person to watch to keep me on track. Keep up the great work and best wishes. kardiebelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter