• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mikaela Makes A Wish -- Oct 10 - 16 2009

I got your message and Thursday is perfect. We will probably be around that whole afternoon and evening...thinking of just doing a half day at Sea World.

Also, I was reading about your worry if anything happens with Mikaela on the trip, and I wanted to let you know that we would be happy to be a resource should you need anything. The 11-14th we will have 4 adults (and two cars), and the 15-17th there will still be two of us, so we will always have an extra set of hands around. I'll give you my cell phone number and if you need anything at all, just let us know...

Awesome Crystal! I can't wait to meet you!!

Thanks so much for the offer of hands :) I know we'll be ok especially since Ms Barbie (who's going with us) is also a nurse and knows Mikaela VERY well. I just 'worry' that she'll have a seizure episode and won't feel up to doing much. **Confession Time** The reason I'm not much of a planner is because I don't handle it well then plans don't go right. Therefore I choose to just go with the flow and not be a big planner. It works better fo rme. So now that I have a 'plan' and have ADRs nearly each day I want to be able to keep them. But Mikaela has been doing great lately as far as seizures go so *fingers crossed* everything goes allright :)

YES!! I did a search through the wish Trippers thread to see if I could find out if GKTW has wifi or not. For some reason I thought I read that they didn't. But I saw a post that stated that it was available at a few of the buildings in the village. SOOOO...I can write out my blog posts 'offline' at night and then go to one of those buildings the next morning and publish it.

I'm so excited. I wanted to document our trip as we went instead of waiting until we got home. And now I think I'll be able to do it.

2 weeks from tomorrow!!! :banana::banana:

Shari,

Sorry I forgot to put my name on the package to your precious little girl. I am Mom2SamandJames, and I did the two Minnie Mouse outfits you got from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I am glad you liked them. I had a lot of fun doing the shirts for your sweet little girl. I thought if I did shirts you could mix and match with pants, shorts, and skirts. Have a wonderful trip.

Shari,

Sorry I forgot to put my name on the package to your precious little girl. I am Mom2SamandJames, and I did the two Minnie Mouse outfits you got from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I am glad you liked them. I had a lot of fun doing the shirts for your sweet little girl. I thought if I did shirts you could mix and match with pants, shorts, and skirts. Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks so much for those. They are adorable and I can't wait to have her debut them at Disney World. Actually I think I'll put one of the outfits on her the Friday before we leave -- as her last day of school outfit! Or then again maybe not. She'll certainly get them messy at lunch and I don't want to have to do laundry the night before our trip :)

Mikaela and I like our bling so I found some great deals on a watch for me and a pair of earrings for her, me and Ms Barbie. Can’t wait until Mr Mailman brings them home to us!

The Earrings ($5 each on eBay)
3957285372_b2249a82e8_m.jpg

The watch (on clearance from QVC) with a black leather band
3957290742_b453e75068_m.jpg

I’ve also done some minor packing. I’ve packed my shorts/capris, our swimsuits, beach towels, sunscreen – I don’t think we’ll need these anymore this year. I’ve also got a few things in our backpack that we’ll carry onto the plane – handicap ‘sticker’, antibacterial gel, antibacterial wipes. All the good stuff :)

In just 2 weeks we'll be relaxing in Florida getting ready for our first day at Disney -- Hollywood Studios. CAN'T WAIT!!!

The outfits are adorable! The pumpkin one is my favorite!

And I LOVE the earrings and watch! So fun to have cute fun things for vacation (and every day).

YES!! I did a search through the wish Trippers thread to see if I could find out if GKTW has wifi or not. For some reason I thought I read that they didn't. But I saw a post that stated that it was available at a few of the buildings in the village. SOOOO...I can write out my blog posts 'offline' at night and then go to one of those buildings the next morning and publish it.

I'm so excited. I wanted to document our trip as we went instead of waiting until we got home. And now I think I'll be able to do it.

2 weeks from tomorrow!!! :banana::banana:

and dont forget you can blog on word, then just copy it to your blog!!! Hoping it all works out - I'm looking forward to following along!

I know I am a super planner- it works for me - then dd started having blood sugar problems... it was easy to throw everything out the window just to get her healthy - but waiting in the room while rope drop time passed by, it was an itch I wanted to scratch!!

I'm better now - no planning - I take that back - I plan on missing ALL rope drops and I plan on helping dd blood sugar to be stable... :rolleyes1

Love the Watch!! I've almost ordered it - I'm just afraid I cant see the hands - wish they were in contrasting colors!!

Mikaela and I like our bling so I found some great deals on a watch for me and a pair of earrings for her, me and Ms Barbie. Can’t wait until Mr Mailman brings them home to us!

The Earrings ($5 each on eBay)
3957285372_b2249a82e8_m.jpg

The watch (on clearance from QVC) with a black leather band
3957290742_b453e75068_m.jpg

I’ve also done some minor packing. I’ve packed my shorts/capris, our swimsuits, beach towels, sunscreen – I don’t think we’ll need these anymore this year. I’ve also got a few things in our backpack that we’ll carry onto the plane – handicap ‘sticker’, antibacterial gel, antibacterial wipes. All the good stuff :)

In just 2 weeks we'll be relaxing in Florida getting ready for our first day at Disney -- Hollywood Studios. CAN'T WAIT!!!

The bling looks great. That week away from reality will be great. Sounds like you are a little ahead of us in preparing. Hopefully we'll get some things ready this week. Our clan is looking forward to meeting yall.

and dont forget you can blog on word, then just copy it to your blog!!! Hoping it all works out - I'm looking forward to following along!

I use Windows Live Writer to blog and I love it! I'm not sure how many pictures I'll be able to upload each morning -- will depend on how much time we have before we need to leave. But I hope to at least get some key highlights posted each morning! I'll copy my blog posts over here so y'all can follow along each day as well.

That week away from reality will be great. Sounds like you are a little ahead of us in preparing. Hopefully we'll get some things ready this week. Our clan is looking forward to meeting yall.

I like this -- week away from reality. That is certainly what it will be!

We can't wait to meet y'all either. SO excited!! Isn't it nice seeing our countdown start with '1 week'? Granted it's 1 week 6 days but it's just just 1 week + :)

:woohoo:
I like this -- week away from reality. That is certainly what it will be!

We can't wait to meet y'all either. SO excited!! Isn't it nice seeing our countdown start with '1 week'? Granted it's 1 week 6 days but it's just just 1 week + :)

Your trip is exactly the same time as my family's trip! Always a small world, isn't it? You guys are going to have so much fun. Your daughter is absolutely adorable, and I wish you guys a happy vacation.

I hope your trip is every bit as magical for your family as ours was last week! Keep us all posted, and don't forget to post us some photos of your precious girl in her cute outfits!

I use Windows Live Writer to blog and I love it! I'm not sure how many pictures I'll be able to upload each morning -- will depend on how much time we have before we need to leave. But I hope to at least get some key highlights posted each morning! I'll copy my blog posts over here so y'all can follow along each day as well.

sounds GREAT to me! :thumbsup2

I had asked for our Big Give packages to be sent to Mikaela’s daycare so there would always be someone available to pick them up. I hadn’t been by there since last Tuesday so this afternoon, we had 4 packages for us! I am just totally blown away at the generosity and talents of these ladies. Be prepared to be impressed!! I’m tellin’ ya. Mikaela is going to be the best dressed kiddo in Orlando (well Collin and Melia – also wish kids – will be danged cute too! Can’t wait to meet them!!)

The first package I opened was the autograph book that Mikaela can use for her favorite character’s signatures! Many of the pages have stickers of different characters and other pages are left blank. Here is the picture of the page where we’ll get Pooh’s autograph! I hope Pooh is ready to write! Now I just need to get a fresh Sharpie so we’re sure to not run out of ink. Get ready characters – we want signatures!
3966564693_9bf498af10_m.jpg

3966565899_281b49303e_m.jpg

Package #2 contained 2 handmade dresses along with 2 bows for her hair. Both dresses were made by Darla and the bows were made by poohnpigletCA on the message board. Oh I just love them! Even Mikaela smiles at them and patted them. That is for sure a sign she also loves them!

Dress #1 – this is perfect for SeaWorld! Mik loves watching fish and this dress looks like an aquarium. And these bows? Adorable! And they’ll fit perfectly into her new hair do with her Mickey Mouse Ears (her puffs)

3967336996_8059b3ce1e_m.jpg

3967335636_87b8c7a663_m.jpg

Dress #2 – a super cute Pooh dress. How stinking cute is this? Here are the front and back views
3967339552_a0e82d3b1f_m.jpg

3967341024_c9623de0df_m.jpg

Package 3 – a handmade skirt and shirt in a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme made by Amy. A super cute card was also sent along and that was made by Meg. How cute is this? Oh goodness, I just can’t get over it!
3966556269_66e44a8b7e_m.jpg

Last but not least – package #4. It was a super soft Pooh blanket. Mikaela has already been laying on it and it’s perfect for this cool weather we are having. I might have to try it out later on after she goes to bed I need to learn to make these blankets!! This was sent to us by vroomvroomlightning from the message boards.
3967332864_d6f08395ce_m.jpg

I'm thrilled that Mikaela loves her bows and her dresses. I thought the bright colors on the fish dess and bows might be stimulating for her. Guess I was right?!
Karen (poohnpigletCA) and I collaborated. She's my cousin, and will
actually be at the world the same time you are there! Her girls keep reminding me that it's only a few more days. Maybe you'll see one another. :)

Have a wonderful trip. Blessings to you and Mikaela.

Fairygoodmother
(Darla)

What wonderful Big Give. You are so right about the Big Givers they are so generous and so very talented. I believe she will be one of the best dressed little girl there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter