• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Might want to buy your AP now before price increases

20 bucks more on the AP not bad saved 60 bucks on the early purchase for 3. Wonder what the dvc discount will be

I found this article......the Florida AP jumped almost 10% I'm guessing DVC would be the same.

www.wdwmagic.com/other/magic-your-way-ticket/news/21feb2015-walt-disney-world-ticket-price-increases-effective-tomorrow.htm

Florida Residents
Florida Resident tickets Annual Passes are now $529, up from $485. Resident Premium Pass is $649, up from $605.

Anyone find anything different. We aren't going until Dec, but for the two of us, that $90 difference. It seems the discount was reduce from $149 to $125.

Big increase for the disneyland pass also I have read things in the past they don't like the parks filling up with low margin locals epically in Cali wonder if florida is having the same problem.

I could by an DVC AP voucher today and hang on to it for a year or 2 correct?

Yes, I would buy the exchange certificate and have to mailed to you. I prefer to have the card in case Disney's computers take a dive.

:earsboy: Bill

I am assuming that DVC is going up the same amount as FL resident APs - $44. I purchase 6 for our November trip. $264 savings if correct, of course the $3100 purchase was still pretty painful.

Sorry for a bit of an off-topic question, but I have searched and been unable to find out whether DVC members but non-FL residents are able to purchase a seasonal pass.... Does anyone know?

Only FL residents can buy FL Seasonal Pass.

For those of you who buy extra tickets/APs, how does it work on MDE? I purchased APs today and it forced me to match it to family on my MDE. I opted for the snail mail vouchers. So some of my family, there are 2 sets of APs.

Sorry for a bit of an off-topic question, but I have searched and been unable to find out whether DVC members but non-FL residents are able to purchase a seasonal pass.... Does anyone know?

No, only Annual Passes and Premium Annual Passes. Seasonal annual passes (with blackout dates) are only for Florida Residents.

I found this article......the Florida AP jumped almost 10% I'm guessing DVC would be the same.

www.wdwmagic.com/other/magic-your-way-ticket/news/21feb2015-walt-disney-world-ticket-price-increases-effective-tomorrow.htm

Florida Residents
Florida Resident tickets Annual Passes are now $529, up from $485. Resident Premium Pass is $649, up from $605.

Anyone find anything different. We aren't going until Dec, but for the two of us, that $90 difference. It seems the discount was reduce from $149 to $125.

Yeah looks like dvc AP is going to go up 9% when a 10 day pass goes up 3%

Why is dvc getting the shaft once again.

Pulled the trigger down to the wire and got our 2 APs for our December trip. I was going to have to get them early anyway to book our FP+ 60 days out... so, one less thing to mess with later and some savings.

Big increase for the disneyland pass also I have read things in the past they don't like the parks filling up with low margin locals epically in Cali wonder if florida is having the same problem.
At DL they even stopped allowing a 6 day hopper. 5 day is the max for the past few years. So they are even kicking out guests who travelled from anywhere else.

Yeah looks like dvc AP is going to go up 9% when a 10 day pass goes up 3%

Why is dvc getting the shaft once again.
If DVC passes remain the same as Florida Resident passes, we would get a $120 discount (vs regular price). The discount had been $150 for the past few years, but it used to only be a $100 discount.

Price now reflects $529 plus tax on the member site. Hoping for a special ticket offer.

Only FL residents can buy FL Seasonal Pass.

For those of you who buy extra tickets/APs, how does it work on MDE? I purchased APs today and it forced me to match it to family on my MDE. I opted for the snail mail vouchers. So some of my family, there are 2 sets of APs.

I bought 2 AP's even though we currently have AP's. I ordered them online through the link on the DVC website. It did not force me to match them nor are they on MDE. I chose to have the voucher cards mailed to me. I am not sure when we will use them. I don't think we will renew our current AP's when they expire in November, but didn't want to link the new AP's until I am sure because I didn't know if linking them would mess up a renewal if I decide to do that.

Yep ap went up $20 and we lost $24 of the discount we were getting. New increase total is $44. Our discount was $149 and now it's $125, so we got hit with a double whammy.

DVCMember.com has this pricing up today:

http://i235.*************************************NewDVCAPCost.png

My quick compare shows:

http://i235.*************************************DVCAPCompare2.png

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on a few tickets. The 10 day hopper, wpfm, no expiry deals from the resellers. I used Undercover Tourist, but would have easily used either Maple Leaf or Cheap Tickets if UCT did not have what I needed. UCT has not yet changed their prices.

I also ordered a few annual passes through Disney.

All before the price increase of course.

This gives me the flexibility I need at the price I was willing to pay. If a deal comes along such as the 4 day/$199 or a premium pass for less than a regular, I will be on that as well.

With an annual pass on a two week trip, I am happy with 3-4 days in the parks. I'm getting older and I have other interests in the Florida area, so even though I still use my DVC room, I do other things. On my 2 week Jan-Feb trip this year, I almost let one of my (199 special) days go to waste....so for me non expiry days are pretty much the way to go. I've always had a combo of annual pass, non expiry or Disney deals.

My price point for tickets for an individual trip whether a week or two weeks is about $250. So with non expiry hoppers, 3 days comes in about $75.50 a day or $226.50. This is for myself only. Years ago family joined me and we would all have annual passes, but only my youngest has come in three years and she only does a weekend and flies home to work.

The ten day tickets I bought were already at $830 directly from Disney. And the rumor is non expiry was going away.

With no expiry, the risk is/was minimal. That was important to me as I've cancelled and rescheduled so often.

I bought 2 AP's even though we currently have AP's. I ordered them online through the link on the DVC website. It did not force me to match them nor are they on MDE. I chose to have the voucher cards mailed to me.
That's so strange. I had to assign the APs to people before check out. I went through the main Disney website.

If DVC passes remain the same as Florida Resident passes, we would get a $120 discount (vs regular price). The discount had been $150 for the past few years, but it used to only be a $100 discount.

Yes but when it was a $100 discount children AP's were not the same price as adults. They gave us a bigger discount at $149 but charged the same for kids as adults. Regular tickets are less for kids.

Basically it looks like they are going to slowly get rid of the discount over time.

Just annoyed because I thought I was ahead of the game this year. Bought 10 day park hoppers from UT before they announced the price increase. Was going to upgrade in April to AP thinking I would save $80 on 4 AP ($20 per ticket saving from UT). When they announced the increase I figured if both tickets increased roughly the same % I would still be ahead. Wasn't figuring on $15 pArk hopper increase but $44 AP. Going to cost me more now to upgrade. Oh well. The man stuck it to me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter