• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Might* go (now DEFINITELY!!) going in May . . .

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
So, we didn't get to go in 2011 and would REALLY like to go in 2012. Looking at May. Should I put my deposit down now or wait for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT??? What do you think??

When I booked, as a Canadian I was able to get a RIDICULOUS room discount (30% at a value) and asked about changing my reservation and getting a rebate if the price changed again in my favour. I was told.
1. Yes I could change it as long as it was before 45 days out and hasn't been paid in full
2. There really won't be a better deal that this anyways

I really don't think this announcement will be as earth shattering as we're all hoping, it's Disney marketing at it's finest. I say book it and pay your 200$ deposit and if it really is something that'll make that much of a difference to the cost of your rip, rebook under the new rate. But really, it's what 3 more days before this "major announcement", there's no real harm in waiting either.

You're right--it probably won't be that much of a difference!! Might as well book and I can change it if necessary! Thanks for the support!! ;)

When I was down there Nov 26th-Dec 4th, I booked three bouncebacks for 2012 (May 5th-12th, Sept 1st-8th, and Oct 27th-Nov 3rd). I do the same thing every year. If a better deal comes out, I just call and switch the discount. I booked four bouncebacks for 2011, when I was down there last year, but only kept one of them. The other three I switched to the AP discounts when they came out.

I usually figure what the AP discounts are normally for that particular time of the year, subtract that from the rack rate and pay off all but that amount. When the AP discounts come out, I call, have them apply the AP discount and may owe just a few dollars depending on how close I figured it.

I need to rename my original post!! We ARE going in May. I put our deposit down last night!! Now I'll just do as above posters have said and watch for other discount offers--if there are any. We did get the Spring resort discount. That was nice. Just excited to be even thinking about our trip!! And yes, I have already made my ADR's!! (are they still called that???)

And you already have the countdown ticker all set up....congrats! May is a fabulous time to go, don't you think?

When I booked, as a Canadian I was able to get a RIDICULOUS room discount (30% at a value) and asked about changing my reservation and getting a rebate if the price changed again in my favour. I was told.
1. Yes I could change it as long as it was before 45 days out and hasn't been paid in full
2. There really won't be a better deal that this anyways

I really don't think this announcement will be as earth shattering as we're all hoping, it's Disney marketing at it's finest. I say book it and pay your 200$ deposit and if it really is something that'll make that much of a difference to the cost of your rip, rebook under the new rate. But really, it's what 3 more days before this "major announcement", there's no real harm in waiting either.

I don't think it will be life shattering enough to wait to book or not wait to book either.

But FWIW your rep didn't get you complete info on #1. IF a better deal comes out, your hotel will have to be participating, rooms will still need to be available under the deal including the room category you currently booked and technically in their system they just cancel your reservation and book a new one. Your credit card or whatever original form of payment can be credited back for the old one and used for the new one. I only bring it up b/c this may start coming into play more with the introduction late this year of discounts only at certain resorts not across the board at all values, mods, etc.

now #2 I agree 100% with 30% off a value is a great deal!

OP looks like we will be there the same time.

I need to rename my original post!! We ARE going in May. I put our deposit down last night!! Now I'll just do as above posters have said and watch for other discount offers--if there are any. We did get the Spring resort discount. That was nice. Just excited to be even thinking about our trip!! And yes, I have already made my ADR's!! (are they still called that???)

Just click EDIT under your original post, click GO ADVANCED when the editing area comes up. Then, in GO ADVANCED, go to the top of the EDITING AREA and change your title!:)

We'll be there in May as well!!! 38th wedding anniversary!! :goodvibes We usually go in September (which we'll still do this year), so May will be a nice change.

Thirty percent off a value in May saves you what - $30 to $40 a day total - and means you can't use any other promotion.

yes but values are not normally discounted more than 20% off occasionally for special discounts (AP, FL resident, CM, or international) they get up to 25% off.

We are wanting to go in May, but don't get out until the 26th. Soooo... that puts us there during Memorial Day... will that be absolutely crazy?? We definitely will want to do the SWW and that may make it even more crazy... what do you suggest-- go May 26-31st or wait a few days and go June 4-9th??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter