Might be MIA for a few days

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I might be MIA for a few days. One of our PTO members passed away this morning (Monday) after a long battle with brain cancer. We are trying to get meals together for the family, we have been doing this for a year now. And trying to get flowers together, go to the wake and funeral, and basically be there for the family if we need to be.
I will pop in a night when I can and I will check on my swaps and such.

I feel so sorry for her children, she fought with everything that she had. She did not want to leave them.

Many prayers to her family! So sad! I had a favorite uncle die of brain cancer. Pixie dust to all of you being there for her family!

Buffy, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to her kids. This must be so hard on them. Is there anything I can do to help you? Let me know.

how very sad.:sad1:
prayers and pixie dust to her family and friends.:wizard: :grouphug: :angel:

i hate to hear stuff like this. my heart goes out to her children.

Many, many prayers for the family!
As a PTO President, I was contacted to set up the food donations for a student who passed away in the school parking lot... during a music program... (those darn sun roofs)anyway, the family will always be thankful..
If you need anything give me a call...

Popping in between phone calls, thanks for the prayers everyone. I will pass them on to the family.

This was a long battle for "J", she would not give up. When diagnosed the doctors told her they could not do surgery because of where the tumor was, they gave her 3 months to live. She opted to have chemo to prolong her life and she lived for a year and a half after the diagnosis. The town is sponsoring a dinner on her families behalf for all their years of volunteering in the community. This was already in the works before her passing so I'm not sure if it will be postponed but I think it's a great way to celebrate her life.

This is going to be a tough road for the family, this is our second parent to die of cancer in the last 2 years and the step father of a girl in DS11's class died over the summer, we think from a heart attack or aneurysm. He and his wife had just had a baby too.

Nancy, "J" was our former PTO pres and she did so much for our group, really put us on the map you know. She stepped down to become the pres of the 8th grade PTO when her oldest was in 8th grade.

I'm sorry for your loss, prayers for the family.

One of my former co-workers lost her fight this morning; she was an RN and didn't have a long fight, but I guess it got really bad in the last few days.

Steph

I am so sorry to hear of everyone's losses.

I wish there was something I could do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter