Might be bringing our dogs

I think a lot of it is common sense to where you wouldn't walk a dog, which is the same in majority of campgrounds, you don't take them in buildings, bathrooms, in children's play areas, food areas, pool areas, etc. But FW should have signs where dogs cannot go such as the beach, etc. or certain loops. Whether pets are allowed to be walked in pet free loops regardless, many people don't know off hand what loops are pet free if there isn't a sign. I knew loop 100 and 200 were pet free when I went, and that was all I knew off hand at the time I went. If another area isn't in their paperwork when I go, or a sign saying not allowed then I will assume it's ok and if it isn't then it's their fault not mine. Most campgrounds allow dogs, at least most I know, that's why we started camping so we could bring our pets on vacation. If FW becomes pet free as another stated above, we definitely wouldn't go there, at least you can't blame the pet owners for walking their dogs in an area that isn't marked no pets.

Last edited:
Agreed, most of this is common sense. Unfortunately that is in short supply these days.

Disney adopted the pet friendly policy because they were losing revenue to nearby campgrounds because most other campgrounds allow pets. Vacationers were staying elsewhere because the policy made them.

I can promise you as long as Disney is keeping that revenue coming in and making that extra charge money that policy on pets won't change. Barring something terrible happening such as a child being attacked or otherwise.

The problem, like most things, is those folks who just don't care about the rules and only themselves. Most pet owners (that you would find at the Fort) tend to be mostly responsible. That's not true of all of them, and it's those select few that ruin things for others.

I suspect if someone is walking their dog through a loop that is not a "Pet Friendly" loop, it's because they are unaware and not uncaring of the rules.

I remember being told before that no pets are allowed on the beach, but as stated just above, it depends on who you talk to.

Anyone remember the movie Airplane?
"The white zone zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the red zone"

Anybody? Oh well...

Serenity, what, no Bassett hounds?
Hi tiggerdad! Good to hear from you! lol you remember the basset hounds!! And truthfully- it's possible! I'm limiting everyone to bringing just one dog so they have to be selective, and so we're choosing carefully
I am even considering bringing my shepherd girl! Only drawback is I don't like leaving her in a kennel too much, and we're bringing the kids to universal a couple days this trip so we'd have to do that. She'd be traumatized for life if I put her in a kennel there I'm afraid ❤

Ah, I can understand that. Being a southern hunter I'm quite fond of Bassett's and their noses.

I'm still a few years from Universal as I want to wait until my youngest is big enough to enjoy most of the rides.

Hate we'll miss you this year. Really enjoyed your company.

Ah, I can understand that. Being a southern hunter I'm quite fond of Bassett's and their noses.

I'm still a few years from Universal as I want to wait until my youngest is big enough to enjoy most of the rides.

Hate we'll miss you this year. Really enjoyed your company.
We really need to plan better :) Even my kids still talk about meeting you and your family! We really treasure those memories :) When is your next trip planned for?

Next March for spring break. We got Gulf Shores and Mammoth Cave NP booked this summer. Not sure where for October just yet, but maybe Gatlinburg.

I would love to go sometime when they have the "flower stuff" at Epcot- growing up with our family business being a greenhouse has instilled a love of all flowers in my heart :) Our biggest hurdle to plan around is breeding/puppy seasons, which tend to be almost year round for us.... But I would love to plan a Disney trip again when your family will be there- you'll have to keep me posted for what you have after your March 2018 one. I don't think we'd be able to go again quite so soon after October of 2017. In the back of my head, I'm starting to think of trying a 5 or 7 day Caribbean cruise with the kids sometime in 2018....
It's funny tho- as much as I think it'd be fun to see other places, when it comes right down to the actual planning of any other trips, my heart just wants to go back to the Fort... I really need a job there LOL

I would shoot for grounds keeper myself. Kinda like Bill Murray from Caddyshack.

Michael be honest you want to be in Wildlife control Snowmedic Disney does have a major medical program on site with numerous EMT B & P slots

me- I just want to clean the barns LOL
After raising and training my own horses for the past 25 years, the thought of cleaning someone else's barn for a change just really appeals to me! Perhaps with trusty Basset Hound by my side :)

I would shoot for grounds keeper myself. Kinda like Bill Murray from Caddyshack.
Only knowing you from the Forums here and not in person (Although I'd love to meet you in person), I kind of envision you EXACTLY like that. :D (perhaps with a bit better hygiene though....... hopefully! :lmao:)

Just an update to say we are here now. So far everyone seems to respect the dog issues. We've heard barking but not near us. Have seen as we walked a few rigs I wouldn't want to be parked next to. One with three large dogs and one small one who lunge and bark in the windshield of the motorhome as you pass. Can't fathom what that's doing to the dash! And one lady standing in front of her RV conversing with another camper, holding her small dog, while 3 more were losing their barking minds on her patio. How she can ignore that, let alone anyone hear what she's saying us beyond me.
As far as the "pets on the beach" debate.... Indeed signs are posted outside the settlement entrance that no pets beyond that point. Hence including the beach.

Only knowing you from the Forums here and not in person (Although I'd love to meet you in person), I kind of envision you EXACTLY like that. :D (perhaps with a bit better hygiene though....... hopefully! :lmao:)

That's not far off, Paul, actually... :rolleyes:

That's not far off, Paul, actually... :rolleyes:

Hey, I resemble that remark
caddyshackbillmurrayunkempt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter