Mid-September trip after 16 years of APR/MAY trips and 1st trip with toddlers. Any Warnings?

CPanther95

Mummyketeer
We've gone virtually every year for the past 16 years, but our trips always fell between the end of April to mid-May. We went a bit early this year (mid-April) and it was just the wife & in-laws - no kids at all for the first time. Mid-September we're going to go again for just 4 nights (PBH Club) and we're bringing 2 grandchildren (they'll be almost 3 and 1 1/2). 16 years ago, my youngest was 8 - so this is our first trip with toddlers.

I realize we'll have much warmer weather - and we'll plan on more pool time than usual (in lieu of rides) - but is there anything else that stands out about the time of year or having toddlers in tow that I might not be thinking of that might be different than I'm used to ?????

We went for the first time with a toddler this past September. It was very different. It was extremely hot and we had to be really careful with the guy in the stroller to make sure he was well hydrated and shaded. There isn't a ton to do for them, so we tried to do the play areas. His favourite area was the water area at Curious George. I swear, he could have spent the entire vacation there. We got one of those Chilly Togs things and used it on him as well, tucked into his shirt to keep his body temp down. We made use of the Jurassic Discover Centre to give him a place to run in the nice cool area. One thing to remember is that if the kid in the stroller is sleeping, you have to take them out of the stroller to go into any lines. That is a pain. You can't take the stroller through to the kidswap.

Good info, damo.

Never heard of a chilly tog, so I ordered a couple from Amazon (Frogg Toggs) to check them out. They are unbelievable. Wrapped it around my neck and tucked the ends in my shirt like you said, and it stayed cold from 6pm until after 11pm. Now, I was in an air conditioned house, not outdoors - but it's still amazing.... and I'm talking "cold" - or at a minimum, "very cool".

Definitely going to make sure everyone has one for our next trip - except the wife. Something about the feel of the material freaks her out. Said it feels like she has an eel wrapped around her neck. :D

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter