Mid-September or end of September - Help!

Eoywin

Chaos Mandy
I read in a thread yesterday that the crowd levels were a lot higher this weekend than they had been.

Well, we are currently planning on going from September 29, 2007 until October 5th or 6th.

I'm not sure if we should change (we haven't booked or anything yet) because of the crowd levels.

My main thing going during this time is I wanted to be at WDW for our 1st anniversary (September 30), and I want to do MNSSHP. But I know MNSSHP this year started mid-September.

Any help would be appreciated... I'm undecided right now :confused3

We are just back (9/26 - 10/1) and we had minimal waits for everything. The crowds did build as the weekend came around but it didn't affect us. We didn't do the F&W festival but we did do MNSSHP. It was sold out and seemed very crowded. We still thoroughly enjoyed it. We were at MK on Wed 9/27 and I tried to get a fast pass for Space and the CM just laughed an said you won't need one all day. I think if you try to be wise about which day to go to which park you'll be fine. We were also at each park at opening time and never waited. The later the day gets the longer the wait time on busy days.

The crowds definitely built up this weekend (we were there 9/23-30). Up until Friday we literally walked onto everything. By Friday there were some lines, but still manageable. I think the combination of the F&W as well as the fact that a lot of school had school closed for a long weekend for Yom Kippur were to blame. So, if you're planning for next year I'd just check to see if these two things will fall during the time you want to go. Meanwhile, I will say that even with the increased crowds, it was nothing like June or July crowd levels.

We did mid-Sept. last year, and just returned late Monday this year. Crowds definately seemed lower to me last year doing mid September than what they were this year at then end of the month. It was hit and miss this year with the crowds. We did a lot more fast-passing this year than last. Last year I don't remember any love bugs, but it sounds like if you would have chosen mid Sept. this year they would have been really bad. They were around last week, but seemed to be dying down. I saw lots of squished ones, and I asked the CM's who said they were really bad this year. I thought the weather was much more pleasant this year as well. I don't think a week or two makes too much difference, but it was definately more sticky last year mid-September. We changed our plans last year and moved back a week because we didn't really care about doing MNSSHP again, or the F&W fest. I think both of those draw in the crowds more at the end of the month.

Thanks!

I think we will probably end up going when we orginally planned. We can deal with some crowds so we can be there for our anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter