Mid-May Weather

disneyfan6249

Earning My Ears
Hi all, looking at planning a trip for May 10-19 in 2014. How is the weather for this time of year, typically? Specifically, I'm wondering what the humidity is like and how often it rains.

Any other tips on visiting WDW at this time of year? I've only ever gone in mid February, Spring Break time, and early December. Thanks.

Hot...like mid to upper 80's. Cooler at night (mid 60's). There can be some wild swings in the temps..though you're not going to find highs much lower than mid 70's even during those swings, and you can see high's in the mid to upper 90's. It can be humid..but not "August" humid.

Not a lot of rain, but certainly chances for passing t-storms/downpours (which typically pass quickly, but more often than not raise the humidity level to "steamy" for a little while, til the sun burns it all off).

Aside from that, its also "love-bug" season...millions of those little buggers flying around everywhere...

I'm going to pose another question on this thread because we are planning a trip for the same week.

We are considering getting APs for this trip (we will be going back the following year as well), does Disney usually offer room discounts for AP holders during this time period?

We are specifically looking at a CSR and POFQ, if anyone has stayed there during these time frames and could share what type of discount they received, that would be great.

There's a good chance AP discounts will be offered, but unknown for which resorts they will be offered.

Don't forget, in addition to room discounts, you also get 10% merchandise discounts, and some food discounts.

We visited this year from 5/18-5/28. The weather was in the mid 90s almost everyday. 4 of the days there were pretty severe thunderstorms about 2PM everyday that lasted about 2 hours. While it made for a wet afternoon, we planned ahead & brought ponchos with us in the bag. That way, once the thunder had pretty much past, we could venture out in the rain that was left & it wasn't a big deal. In fact, the storms clear out a lot of visitors so you end up walking around the park when it is less crowded that way. Nights were high 60-low 70s, but humid.

Regarding AP discounts, I've been looking into this for our next trip too. We've been trying to decide if it would be worth getting an AP. Looks to me if you can visit for 10-14 days a year then it would probably be worth the cost. I believe I read on another thread on the boards that the average resort discount for AP holder is around 10-30%, depending upon the time & resort. The AP will also give you things like free parking, about 20% of of table service dining & discounts on tours & activities.

We were there May 23rd - 30th. It was hot but not to hot (maybe I'm just used to the heat lol I'm from southern Kansas) and we had rain here and there. We didn't bring ponchos, we brought umbrellas. We only had them open for a little bit. Didn't even need our rain covers for our strollers. By the time we put them on it stopped raining lol. There was one time we took cover though. It rained for about 15 mins. We were already resting under this cover when it started. If there were love bugs we didn't see many of them. I think maybe a few landed on us in epcot but nothing like I was thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter