Mid-Atlantic Roll Call

Hello, Dave! I looked at your profile a moment ago and was surprised to see that your birthday also marks the day of my first visit to the Magic Kingdom. Isn't that cool? :goodvibes

It was June 26, 1976. It was our country's bicentennial year and also the date of my nephew's 6th birthday, so I remember it well. I have loved Disney World ever since!

I bet spending the bicentennial celebration at the MK was a lot of fun. Did you stay on property?

I celebrated my 50th there last year. It was, for me, the greatest place to celebrate such an important birthday.

I bet spending the bicentennial celebration at the MK was a lot of fun. Did you stay on property?

I celebrated my 50th there last year. It was, for me, the greatest place to celebrate such an important birthday.

We didn't stay on property that first trip. We did every trip afterwards, though.

From that first visit, I remember the majesty of the Magic Kingdom and how much I loved being a part of it. You must have turned 16 that day. That's cool! My nephew turned six on the same day, and I was nine years old at the time. The six of us drove through five states in a tiny, little Toyota station wagon (with no air-conditioning) to arrive at the Magic Kingdom for my nephew's birthday the next morning.

I loved the bicentennial year. I still remember going to see the American Freedom Train in Richmond that October. Did you see that? The 1970s and 1980s are dear to my heart. I had a good childhood.

Have you been to any of the Meets organized by the Disboards? I haven't ventured to this section of the board until just recently, and I always like to meet people who share my love for Disney. Hopefully, there will be a meet close to Richmond sometime this summer!

We didn't stay on property that first trip. We did every trip afterwards, though.

From that first visit, I remember the majesty of the Magic Kingdom and how much I loved being a part of it. You must have turned 16 that day. That's cool! My nephew turned six on the same day, and I was nine years old at the time. The six of us drove through five states in a tiny, little Toyota station wagon (with no air-conditioning) to arrive at the Magic Kingdom for my nephew's birthday the next morning.

I loved the bicentennial year. I still remember going to see the American Freedom Train in Richmond that October. Did you see that? The 1970s and 1980s are dear to my heart. I had a good childhood.

Have you been to any of the Meets organized by the Disboards? I haven't ventured to this section of the board until just recently, and I always like to meet people who share my love for Disney. Hopefully, there will be a meet close to Richmond sometime this summer!

My first trip to Disney included staying at the Poly. After that we stayed off property. My grandparents lived over on Treasure Island in FL so we would go over for day trips from their home. My next on property stay was the CR when I was in college. Imagine the thrill of getting a call from your Dad at the beginning of the spring semester asking you if you could miss a few days of college to go to WDW. :cool1:

I have yet to make it to any of the Dismeets. I have though met many people from the boards while visiting WDW. Hopefully, I will make it to a Dismeet event someday. Until then I will continue to enjoy meeting my fellow Disney fans one-on-one.

Got a PM about the link. Great idea. I'm in Roanoke, VA. It is always fun to find people on the boards from this area. I know there are a lot of Disney fans here! I see the antenna toppers and license plate badges all over town. As a matter of fact, I work with two other Disney lovers.

Hi Goofy! I'm in Roanoke, too! :wave:

Seems most of the meets are in or around Baltimore as we have members coming from CT and PA. Seems to be a mid point for many of us.

Seems most of the meets are in or around Baltimore as we have members coming from CT and PA. Seems to be a mid point for many of us.

Morning Pung :)

:yay: present!!! From Pa here :)

resurrecting this thread in case someone wants to setup a meet or meet new people. I know there has been a few plans going on but would like to welcome new members in area that would like to participate.

I wanna play!

Regina in Gordonsville, VA between Charlottesville & Richmond!

Born and raised in Baltimore. Now I live just a mile over the border in Stewartstown PA

I HAD....Gone to a great german resturant ( if I remember correct Been awhile) east York?? Food was great but the BEER....!!

Started off at ST Johns.....for acouple years end up in MONT CO public school system..( closer to home)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter