Microwave

I have never seen a microwave anywhere on the ship....sort of glad too, just the smell of microwave popcorn popping causes my daughter to vomit. Since she was 2 that smell just sets her off.

You'll never need leftovers because there is so much food available all the time you can just get fresh if you are hungry. I think there are no microwaves anywhere on the ship.

No, there isn't. Why would you want to pop popcorn or heat up leftovers...food is available to you FRESH 24 hours a day.

I am addicted to popcorn and have never found a way to make it on the ship!!! That is the first thing I head for when I get home because at the end of the trip I am craving it majorly!!!!

I guess I was wondering as others on the DIS board mentioned to bring snacks that your child likes for the movies and thought of popcorn. Thanks for the replies

The popcorn that they sell for the movies of the kind you can buy in the store, dry and not nearly as good as microwave popcorn. It is a good idea to bring some sweets you and your kids would like, as the candy section is very small. I went to the local grocery store and picked up stuff before our cruise. It was great to keep it in the fridge so we always had that little sugar kick in case we needed it and we needed some days! Hope this helps! :wave:

ericamanda01 said:
The popcorn that they sell for the movies of the kind you can buy in the store, dry and not nearly as good as microwave popcorn. It is a good idea to bring some sweets you and your kids would like, as the candy section is very small. I went to the local grocery store and picked up stuff before our cruise. It was great to keep it in the fridge so we always had that little sugar kick in case we needed it and we needed some days! Hope this helps! :wave:

Actually I discovered a new movie treat on board, french fries from Plutos. Seemed like everyone was eating them, hot, greasy, and probably just as bad for you as buttered popcorn (assuming the yellow stuff they put on in the theaters has any butter in it)

the popcorn they sell on board is yucky! we plan on bring popcorn that is made and properly packages at our walmart that is so good!!! i have often wondered why they do not sell popcorn on board with a popcorn maker but i figure they don't want the mess all over the ship as well as the smell of popcorn permeates everything and can make some people nauseated over time.....

tvguy said:
Actually I discovered a new movie treat on board, french fries from Plutos. Seemed like everyone was eating them, hot, greasy, and probably just as bad for you as buttered popcorn (assuming the yellow stuff they put on in the theaters has any butter in it)

Yum, I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for the tip!

I liked the popcorn they sell onboard. However, maybe that's because it was healthier. Someone in our party has Celiac and this popcorn was a safe treat for her as it was wheat/gluten free.
Go ask for some butter to put on it - I just know that's what you're all craving and missing. LOL

A better question - has anyone ever asked the dinner staff if they have popcorn and how they get it? Maybe there IS a microwave in Mickey's kitchen?

Kim

youre spending $1000s on a DCL cruise, and you are concerned about microwaving popcorn and re-heating leftovers??? you can call room service at 3 am if desired, and get hot fresh food .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter