Micro-sized Brazil tour groups?

AndyFL

This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c
One thing I noticed earlier this week was some tour groups from Brazil but they were in MUCH smaller numbers than in July. They had the matching color shirts and you had the leader of the group holding up the rally flags but the groups barely numbered above a dozen or so whereas in July the groups were HUGE. I guess tour groups from Brazil are going to always be there but just not in the same numbers.

When I was there 8-21 thru 8-31 I saw a few (about 3 groups) my entire trip. Like you said, the numbers in the group were much smaller than the herd of people I saw following the flags in the same colored shirts when I was there in July. I do not know if the August tour groups were from the same country as the July tour groups.

When we were there at the beginning of Aug we saw several Brazilian tour groups that were in the 15-30 range and seemed to be families as opposed to the larger teen groups we saw in July.

I wonder why August/September are prime Brazilian touring times. I am not being mean or implying they shouldn't be there. Their money works as well as mine. I simply wonder why they aren't there in large numbers the remainder of the year.:confused3

I wonder why August/September are prime Brazilian touring times. I am not being mean or implying they shouldn't be there. Their money works as well as mine. I simply wonder why they aren't there in large numbers the remainder of the year.:confused3
Their schools have their winter breaks during our summer months (typically several weeks).

I wonder if Disney has required the tour groups to be smaller because of complaints?
So instead of a group of 45 you have 3 groups of 15 each with a guide.

I do not think it is the Brazilian economy since I think they are doing much better than us.

We saw a few too but they were always adults instead of teens. Maybe that makes the difference.

I wonder if Disney has required the tour groups to be smaller because of complaints?
So instead of a group of 45 you have 3 groups of 15 each with a guide.

I do not think it is the Brazilian economy since I think they are doing much better than us.

I just did a search regarding these tour groups from Brazil and found this thread.

This weekend the tour groups from Brazil were at their worst! :scared1: My husband and I were in the regular line when we saw approximately 50 young people (Brazil tour group) arriving in the fast pass line at Soarin. At the very end were a young couple (pregnant woman) with their child. They were so intimidated by the group, they asked if they could come over into our line and not use the fast pass.

When we got off Soarin, our granddaughter told us she had been sitting on the bench where Soarin riders exit. She said that the tour leader told all of their group to sit on the benches and she was "literally" pushed off the bench with one of the girls' backpack.

We went home and our daughter and granddaughter went to MK because of the Brazilian tour groups at EPCOT. Later that evening, our daughter told us it was even worse at MK!

Needless to say, July is definitely the time to avoid going to the parks with those tour groups. These tour groups are rude and literally "pushy." Disney needs to tell the groups leaders when entering the parks that they need to be respectful of other people in the park or they will need to leave. However, I'm sure Disney does not want to lose their business either.

Any suggestions on how to handle these groups? Has anyone visited Brazil? How do the locals treat tourists? Anyone know?

This weekend the tour groups from Brazil were at their worst! :scared1:

Needless to say, July is definitely the time to avoid going to the parks with those tour groups. These tour groups are rude and literally "pushy."

We did a day trip at the MK this past Saturday 7/9 and while I noticed billions of Brazilians, they didn't seem any worse than all of the other park visitors. Maybe your family just ran into the bad apples more frequently than we did. If you have a large group of teenagers together from any country you'll have troubles. I'm not saying your observations are wrong, they're just different from what we experienced and maybe we got lucky.

The Brazilians were staking out curb spots on Main Street at 4-5pm, which I assume was for the night parade. Give them credit for arriving early and not expecting a prime spot 5 minutes before parade time.

With all the over-priced things at the MK, I thank the Brazilian tour groups for stimulating our economy.

Our complaint of Saturday's visit was the heat and humidity, which I realize could have been even worse for July. We're used to November visits which we'll stick to in the future.

As to why July, my wife and I always joke it's the month between the Banana harvest and Coffee Planting seasons :-)

we were there June 29 till July 8th... and we thought the same thing for most of our trip, that the groups were definitely smaller groups... many of them, but smaller. Well, that changed! on the 6th we noticed the huge groups. Saw three huge groups in MK that evening.... then Hollywood next day saw huge groups... and at ASMOvies the place was completely overrun with groups... and I mean completely!!!!

On our past trip (6-24 - 7-4) we saw a lot a lot a lot of tour groups!!

The worst was on 6-30 at the AK - the "Happy Tour" red-shirt group - I swear there were hundreds of them!!!! They took up the whole stand-by of Safari, then we finished the safari, they were still lining up and there were more coming in behind them! We walked down the path to Everest and there were clumps of about 20-30 of them here and there!! Then they were all up in the line for Kali!! There were Happy shirts EVERYWHERE lol!!! :lmao:

They didnt cause any issues, there were just a TON of them!!!

I was there this past weekend and the tour groups were in full stride. I couldn't believe the size of those groups. I noticed that more of them weren't from Brazil though (although the majority of them were). I noticed some from Paraguay and other South American countries

We were at thew WDW June 28th to July 10th, the last few days there were enormouse ;) tour groups and lots of them, Sat we saw at least 7 different groups of what looked to be 100 in each group and on Sunday we saw the similar numbers in Epcot.

First I would like to say that all groups we encountered were extremely well behaved, sad to day better than my own children behaved once in a while on our trip...

With that said, I really think Disney should not allow groups of that size to tour the parks together. I don't know the magic number groups should be allowed to tour the park together, but allowing 100+ people to walk from line to line together or get and use fast passes together totally throws off the normal distribution of wait times and is detrimental to the experience of all guests.

My opinions of the large tour groups touring the park as 1 group has nothing to do with were the group is from or even behavior of the groups, as I said, We did not have any negative dealings with any tour groups during our stay except for weird spikes in wait times.

My fiance and I just stayed at ASMo July 20th-23rd and they were EVERYWHERE!! I do recall being extremely cross at one point when we left the Magic Kingdom rather late on Friday and the line for the ASMo's bus was for the most part taken up by a rather large Brazilian tour group that FILLED one entire bus leaving the rest of there to wait for another bus. That irked me a bit but other than them being a bit loud during the night we really didn't have too much of a problem.

My fiance and I just stayed at ASMo July 20th-23rd and they were EVERYWHERE!! I do recall being extremely cross at one point when we left the Magic Kingdom rather late on Friday and the line for the ASMo's bus was for the most part taken up by a rather large Brazilian tour group that FILLED one entire bus leaving the rest of there to wait for another bus. That irked me a bit but other than them being a bit loud during the night we really didn't have too much of a problem.

I was at ASmovies too July 10-12 and they were everywhere. At the closing of DHS there were literally hundreds in line for the bus. Crazy. I was able to take the other all star bus but still it was crazy. I couldn't go anywhere without them. My goal was always to stay in front of the matching shirts.

I'm all for anyone visiting but really why don't they provide a seperate bus for them so other visitors have a chance. The all stars should also put them in the same buildings away from other guests so we can sleep. Just saying...honestly I would never stay at a value property in summer again.

As far as behavior it was hit or miss. I think personal space must be very different in South America than here. They are LOUD too. Great friends on coasters though. ;)

I'm all for anyone visiting but really why don't they provide a seperate bus for them so other visitors have a chance. The all stars should also put them in the same buildings away from other guests so we can sleep. Just saying...honestly I would never stay at a value property in summer again.

This is a good idea. I wish they would do it. It woud benifit the tour groups as well as the other visitors. I'm sure the tour groups would love to have a bus all to themselves, as well as rooms all together.

I will be there next Thursday until Aug. 3. I'm hoping the tour groups will start thinning out by then.

We just got back yesterday from a weeks stay at WDW, and the tour groups were horrible! :scared1: The tour group leaders need to get better control of all those kids, some of them were totally out of control! Our only relief was when we left the parks and went back to our resort, it was a DVC, so there were no Brazilian tour groups to be found there! :thumbsup2

I hate to say it, but my family will never go to Disney in July again! :sad2:

We had the same problems at All-Star Music last week July 17-20. No supervision and they took over the hotel keeping everyone awake until 2-3 in the morning with running, yelling, door banging, etc. Our meal time, sleep time, pool time, etc. was basically dictated by their schedule (eat when they are not there, swim when they are not there, not sleep when they are there...) :scared1: Never again in July!

I was surprised when I saw this thread resurrected but got a kick out of reading the follow-ups. These groups are the very reason we decided to NOT buy a regular AP but are going to buy the cheaper version that has the blackout dates which COVER the very dates these groups tend to invade the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter