Mickeys wheel swinging carts

OMG funniest post ever..... :rotfl2:

My son would not go on the moving one.. so I have yet to endure the "thrill"

My husband and my friends girls have been on it and say it was awesome.. but this year the girl refused to go it . :rotfl: saying something I think..!!!

We did the stationary ones, and my friend with motion sickness just manages to hold it together... lol.

One of these days I will do the moving ones and join you all in the "never again " category, Im sure... :eek::sick:

Well you guys solidified my thought of not going on the swinging gondolas when we are there next month :rotfl:. My DD9 and I always knew we were going to go on the stationary gondolas, but after watching some of the YouTube videos I thought that we could possibly handle the other, well after reading this thread, I think we will just stick with the stationary ones. Now as far as DH and DD11 goes, they cannot wait to go on the swinging ones :faint:.

Ugh, I am a thrill ride junkie, but after riding the swinging carts yesterday and having my whole family laugh at me, I believe I'm gonna retire my man card.

:lmao: Sorry. One of the best parts of being small and female is the lack of pressure to prove how tough I am. Nobody looks twice if I decide to be a sissy. You could not get me in those things for anything short of a rescue mission for one of my kids.

Stationary only. My son wants to try the swinging ones this trip. NO way. He's lucky I will still go on Tower of Terror haha.

:rotfl2:Wow, I never knew the swinging gondolas on Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death had barf bags. Despite my fear of heights, I will usually try anything once. I've even done GFS twice and would consider it a third time. Nothing short of a large sum of cash, somewhere in the ten figures minimum would get me on that swinging wheel though.

Never again. Ever.
What a mistake.

I thought that was my final day. We were gripping the sides of the cage, legs, arms, all of it. I'm sure we made the staff's Christmas party reel.

LOVE the stationary cars. It's a fabulous ferris wheel with incredible views. But those swinging cars, OMG. NO.:eek:

I grip the sides of cage when I ride in the stationary cars......Did it once, never again!

After MANY trips to DCA my DH and I decided to try Mickey's not-fun wheel. We thought we would try the swinging car (me, who gets motion sickness). The air sick bags should have told me something!! When we reached the top when the car goes over, I felt like the time I had vertigo and grabbed the cage for dear life. My DH told me to just look out..... Mind you, he doesn't like heights, now he is as white/green as I am. As we pass the bottom the first time we yelled, can we get off!! Of course it just keeps going. I think the 2nd time over the top wasn't quite as bad because the wheel keeps moving instead of stopping to unload, or we were delirious and blanked out :-). Once was more than enough for me, although I might consider the stationary car, but not DH. I agree with the wheel of death name!

Just so you know, the stationary cars have the air sick bags too...I saw that and freaked out! LOL I told DBF "this may not end well", but I was fine, well, in the fact that I didn't need the air sick bag. LOL Otherwise I was not completely fine......hahahaha

Wow, I seriously thought I was the ONLY person that hated and loathed the MOVING gondolas.

Every time I get in line, the lines for the swinging gondolas is always much longer than the stationary line.

AND the non swinging ones MOVE too. Not as bad as the swinging gondolas but I still find them a bit scary. :sad2:

I don't like either but there is NO WAY you get me on the swinging gondolas, not unless someone is going to pay me 5 million dollars.......LOL

There is a reason that the Dis refers to this ride as the Mickey Wheel of Death..... :lmao:
That said, my kids love that ride....and yes, they go on the swinging cars.

I LOVE the swinging gondolas! DD7 and DD3 do too! I have some great photos of DD3 on these with her hair and dress flying and huge grin on her face. I probably couldn't pay my DH enough to go on them again....

Both types are scary imo. The stationary one goes higher since the swinging ones are at the bottom of their track at the top of the wheel.

Last time I rode in a swinging gondola, my aunt got sick (at least there was a bag!) and I don't think I'll be doing it again soon either!

I figured the barf bags were just for show, since THERE WERE NO SEAT BELTS! I was half out of the seat enjoying the view, when we hit the first swing, and almost ended up in my wife's lap in the opposite seat. :eek: After managing to get off the floor and back into the seat, I spent the remainder of the ride trying not to get sick, while my wife is thoroughly enjoying the ride. I'll stick to Tower of Terror from now on! :goodvibes

I had experienced the stationary carts years and years ago, when DCA first opened and I didn't really like it, as I'm afraid of heights, but it wasn't too bad.

Fast forward years later, in 2011. I'm at the park with my best friend and her boyfriend, and they want to ride Mickey's Death Wheel. I agree, but they want to ride the swinging gondolas.:scared: I tell them I will be riding the stationary gondolas... I get to the stationary gondolas, and there are only three people in line, including me!:sad2: By the time I would have gotten on and off the ride, my friends would have still been in line. I said forget it and I got in a swinging gondola with my friends.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I had never been so terrified on an attraction before in my entire life! I've been on coasters at Magic Mountain before, but I was fine compared to my experience on Mickey's Death Wheel. I clutched the sides for my dear life, closed my eyes and breathed very heavily. I looked out the cage and saw the water... That's when my mind started playing tricks on me. I just knew our cage would swing off into the water and we'd drown because we would be locked in and wouldn't be able to get out. When the ride was over, I wanted to kiss the ground. Without a doubt, the most terrifying ride in the entire resort.

I don't know if I'll get on the swinging gondolas again. I'd have to think about it. The good thing is I know what's coming and I'll be better prepared, should I choose to ride again.

I rode Mickey's Wheel of Terror, once, and only once. I darn near had a panic attack, and we were in a stationary car.

We had our video camera rolling, and you can hear me in the background saying...."just for the record, Mommy does not like this ride!!!!"

When you first see those cars at a distance, it seems like those cars are swinging gently in the breeze.
BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION EVER. Bar none.

Mickey's Wheel O' Terror is definitely not for me. Once was plenty. I haven't even steeled myself to do the non swinging yet.

This was one of my questions before we went to Disneyland. I am so glad people warned me up front :thumbsup2

I would never ever try swinging gondolas!!! But I am so glad I tried stationary ones, as the ride was amazing. It was during the night and carts did not move at all!! I would go back any time.
I don't mind hight - I only can't stand drops and "falls" :sad2:

I had experienced the stationary carts years and years ago, when DCA first opened and I didn't really like it, as I'm afraid of heights, but it wasn't too bad.

Fast forward years later, in 2011. I'm at the park with my best friend and her boyfriend, and they want to ride Mickey's Death Wheel. I agree, but they want to ride the swinging gondolas.:scared: I tell them I will be riding the stationary gondolas... I get to the stationary gondolas, and there are only three people in line, including me!:sad2: By the time I would have gotten on and off the ride, my friends would have still been in line. I said forget it and I got in a swinging gondola with my friends.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I had never been so terrified on an attraction before in my entire life! I've been on coasters at Magic Mountain before, but I was fine compared to my experience on Mickey's Death Wheel. I clutched the sides for my dear life, closed my eyes and breathed very heavily. I looked out the cage and saw the water... That's when my mind started playing tricks on me. I just knew our cage would swing off into the water and we'd drown because we would be locked in and wouldn't be able to get out. When the ride was over, I wanted to kiss the ground. Without a doubt, the most terrifying ride in the entire resort.

I don't know if I'll get on the swinging gondolas again. I'd have to think about it. The good thing is I know what's coming and I'll be better prepared, should I choose to ride again.

When we rode DBF and I went in the stationary car, the kids all went in the swinging car, we told the ride attendant that we wanted to ride at the same time and we just waited and let others go ahead of us until the kids got on. I will say it was pretty funny listening to them scream bloody murder, but seriously I was so scared and I wasn't swinging.....LOL

I'm a huge thrill junkie, and I didn't think there was a ride made that would freak me out until I rode that stupid Ferris wheel. I though I was going to throw up and was extremely thankful when it stopped and I was able to get off.

Never, Never, Ever Again :scared1:

We rode them once on our honeymoon 8 years ago. I was crying & saying "I wanna get out, I wanna get out!" over & over again. It's not just the swinging, it's the tip & slide that freaks me out. There's nothing to hold onto & it feels like you're going to die. I tried the stationary gondola & it's safe to say I'm perfectly ok with never riding it again! "Mickey's Wheel o' Terror" perfect name. LOL

So glad to have read this. I like to do try everything once... But I hate Farris wheels and this sounds like a terrifying version of one

I'm definitely not doing the swinging ones but even the stationary are sounding scary to me.

ask my kids why I don't go on the swinging ones. I was by myself with my kids who were 18 months and 3 at the time and I did not loose my PANTS. I tossed my cookies. And I would not get out until they had something to wipe my face with. NEVER AGAIN!

Every time (EVERY time) I go on the swinging ones (foolishly), I ask myself WHY I have chosen to end my life this way. -_-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter