• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

Buffman

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW this Saturday Nov 12 (OKW) and noted that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is available two days of the week we're there (Nov 13 and 15). DVC tix for this are $52. I've never gone to this hard ticket event, so is it worth the extra expense?

:rotfl:

Common question asked for any hard ticket event.

I'm going to make assumptions to try and answer your question.

You mention DVC so I guess you'll be going to DW in the future. I'm going to assume if you can budget it, cost won't break the bank. In that case, I won't ask how many is in your group, because if you go, you'll be willing to foot the bill. So, would you like it enough to enjoy it and have no regrets?

If you're into characters, Belle will be wearing her Christmas gown and the Beast will be there for autographs. Santa of course, Scrooge wasn't there last year but maybe this year. Prince and corresponding princess will be there.

Christmas parade is awesome, especially with the toy soldiers. Snow coming down, Hot cocoa and sugar cookies will be offered.

We did it because we weren't sure we would be back during Christmas time. The parade is shown for free during Xmas week, as well as the fireworks.

Honestly, if you have the choice to do it when Toontown reopens, I'd do it then. We did MNSSHP this year and it was soooo crowded with that area closed. MVMCP is more popular because it's universally appealing; I'm betting crowd control will be worse. And MVMCP was way more crowded than MNSSHP last year.

In hindsight, I'm glad we did it once but don't need to do it again. It's great for those who want a taste of Disney's Xmas but won't be there during Xmas time. Since you have the opportunity and hopefully the means, go for it. If $$ is the issue, then it's not something that would bother me so much if you don't go. If you do go, choose the day that's harder for a local to go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter