Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Duckielucky

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney World Dec. 5-10. We want to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Should we buy tickets in advance or buy them when we check in?

I would suggest buying them now. We enjoyed this "sold out" event last year with pre-purchased tickets and have already secured our passes for our Dec-04 trip. Enjoy! :)

The time I went I called and reserved the tickets and paid for them but they held them for me at the hotel. Very convenient! Its a wonderful time! Have fun.:teeth:

We already bought our tickets as some days sell out pretty quick.

We also made our dinner reservations at the Liberty Tree Inn because they book up so fast too and they are taking reservations early.

We can't wait!!!! :bounce:

Krista

I was just signing in today to ask this same question.

Bringing Hubby, Kids and Ma as a Christmas Surprise Dec 11 to 16th, have two studios at VWL, very excited, it should be beautiful at that time of year.

Heres the twist on my Party Ticket pre-purchase, just found out hubby may have big project starting in Dec, he may not be able to come with us. Can I buy him a ticket and get a refund, if there will be 7 other people going? Will WDW do that?

I really want to see this event, but need to watch how i'm spending since i also want to take them all to diner at EPCOT and do the candle lite procession.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
deb

The tickets are non refundable. I don't know if Disney tweaks the rules sometimes though. From what I hear the weekend days (fri sat) sell out pretty quick as does the PS for LTT. I bought my tix and made my PS b/c i was afraid of this, even though many people said that they were able to buy tix at the hotel when they arrived. If you know exactly when you want to go - I would say buy them now - but if you are worried about $$ and if Disney will refund - its def. not a guarantee. So only buy the number that you are sure of.

Have a great trip - maybe we'll see you there!

Thanks Ziggystardust.

I want to go, Tuesday evening, Dec. 14th. Maybe do EPCOT dinner on Sunday night when we arrive

I would buy them now. We have bought ours in advance on all our Dec. trips. A few years ago it rained really hard on the night we had tickets for MVMCP. So I wen't to city hall and exchanged them for another MVMCP later in our stay. They were really great about it. We will be doing the party again this year.

If you are absolutely sure that you want to do MVMCP then buy them now. What I would do is to go on a date early in your trip. If it happens to rain on that night, you should be able to exchange your tickets for another MVMCP night on your trip. Fridays seem to be the day of choice for sellouts. I'd suggest if you can do it on a Tuesday or Thursday that would be the best days.

We did MVMCP on a Tuesday this past year, and the crowd was very manageable. Also, another suggestion would be to do a character meal on an off-hour say before 5:00, eat, and then have at the park when it "opens" at 7:00. They will start closing areas down around 5:30 or 6 to start getting non-MVMCP people out of the park. It shouldn't affect your ability to be in the park at that time because you will have a wristband on signifying your inclusion as a MVMCP guest.

When the full park re-opened we were able to walk onto Pooh, and lines at Dumbo, Philharmagic, Aladdin, and Peter Pan were fairly non-existent for the first hour or so.

Have Fun!!!

Brian

BUY NOW. They sell out. You definitely don't want to miss it.

Fridays usually sellout but not until late October or November. The last Friday night sells out first. Last year I don't think the other Fridays sold out until a couple weeks before. We went on Sunday or Tuesday the last 3 years and bought the tickets when we got to the hotel on Saturday with no problem (you get the advance price up to the day before). My mom has health problems and I don't want to get stuck having to sell them if we don't go. There's no rush at this point if you are not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter