Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
Do adults benefit from this too? My mom and I are going to celebrate my graduation and thought about doing the party. However, we aren't big ride people so being able to go on Space Mountain with less people to deal with isn't a big deal. Thanks in advance!

I visit with my family (we're all 20's+) and it's a great time! The parade, decorations, and holiday cheer is a blast. It's also nice since it isn't totally crowded so you can enjoy walking around without a ton of people. I'd say go for it.

If you have never been to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) or the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) I highly recommend you attend at least once. We are going for our fifth December trip, and will be attending the MVMCP twice while we are down there. The parade is completely different than the day parade and more themed around Christmas, also the fireworks are typically different although haven't seen them for a few years. You can see the parks all decorated during the day so that isn't a huge benefit, compared to seeing them during the party. In my honest opinion, The MNSSHP is probably the best event they have down at WDW, but like I said if you have never been to the MVMCP then I recommend you go at least once...Its definitely a lot of fun...

I'll be attending my first MVMCP this year, just myself and the boyfriend. On my birthday (12/3), even! This is what I wanted to do the most, and I'm so excited about it! :banana:

i agree that you should go...my mom and i had so much fun and she doesn't ride any of the big rides but we still enjoyed it. the fireworks are like no other and i just love having hot chocolate on main street while it snows! the parade really gets you in the holiday spirit too!

Not planned,but last year I was at Magic Kingdom when I noticed the early closing and a lot of running around for the Christmas party. It had been a long day and I was tired, but curiosity got the better of me. On a whim, I sprung for tickets for me and my date.

OK, I'm a jaded world weary seen it all unsentimental cynic, but this event did something for me. Time slowed down, the crowd got friendlier, the cast seemed to relax and the music and events were um,...comforting. Not as commercial as the corporate death scene in Soylent Green, but I like a little force fed emotion from time to time.

I didn't undergo a Scrooge conversion scene, but it did plug me into the season in an unexpected way. Like all things in life, go with no expectations and you'll rarely be disappointed. I was glad to be an accidental tourist in this case.

If Christmas is your favorite holiday ( or really close ) then you would have a good time even if you are not so into the rides.

If you're not so big on Christmas, then skip it.

My wife and I are taking our first trip alone together in over 20 years to Disney this December...including 3 Christmas Party nights! :santa:

I will be going to MVMCP the night I arrive from California I fugure I'll be on West coast time so I may as well make the most of it even though it will be a long day. I'll be ther on December 1 by myself & would love to meet up with any one else! Look for me, I'll e the one with PINK hair!

First stay in my home resort: BLT:disrocks:

I will be going to MVMCP the night I arrive from California I fugure I'll be on West coast time so I may as well make the most of it even though it will be a long day. I'll be ther on December 1 by myself & would love to meet up with any one else! Look for me, I'll e the one with PINK hair!

First stay in my home resort: BLT:disrocks:

We have MVMCP tickets for the 1st as well Dh and me. I'm gonna be a glowstick Queen I just keep buying them. If I see you I won't be shy I will say HI!!!!!

My name is Tammy and I'm a very young 47 and I love all things Disney. This is our first vacation with out Ds 20 in many many years and its my turn to be a kid.

I'm actually attending this year for the first time with my mom too. I'm super excited. I have been to MNSSHP and I LOVED it, and I just can't wait to go to MVMCP! :yay::yay:

I'm actually attending this year for the first time with my mom too. I'm super excited. I have been to MNSSHP and I LOVED it, and I just can't wait to go to MVMCP! :yay::yay:

We are Dec 1 and doing Wishes Dessert Party on Nov30th can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter