Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party vs Park Ticket?

Imbetterwithbacon

Earning My Ears
Is it worth attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party vs having Park Ticket. Can’t imagine you would want to be at the park all day then go to the party?

We have never been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is it worth the price of admission

We've done it several times with our kids and had a blast. It's pretty expensive considering you're really just paying for a different parade and shorter lines at rides. The kids love the parade. And seeing it all lit up and snowing while drinking cocoa and eating cookies, really puts you in the Christmas spirit.

Sounds a little cheesy but definitely worth it for my family.

IF your family is old enough and has the stamina to be up past midnight, then it is an awesome time!
The parade and special fireworks and shows are so worth it!
The Tomorrowland show with Voice Play was excellent, "free" cookies and hot chocolate, eggnog, or hot apple cider throughout the night...
We almost always go during the holidays and we wouldn't miss the party.
Lines ARE shorter for the most part, you can make up to 3 FPs between 3:30 and 6:30, and admission actually begins at 4 pm. So you get 8 hours of park time for the one price.
Here's a great link:
http://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Last edited:
I love MVMCP.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to go to the park all day and then also do the party?
Other than the price factor.

I've done it both ways.
I now generally just do the party since you get in at 4pm and even then they usually start letting people in more like 3:45pm.
Then I save my full MK day for another day.

We like Mnssh better than mvmc I would say depends on when you go we went last year for the first one after we did Halloween party the year before we was there all of Christmas so party was over.

On a short trip, we did the Xmas Party and one other full day at MK, which worked out perfectly.

Would not do a full priced ticket for MK plus a party on the same day.

Is it worth attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party vs having Park Ticket. Can’t imagine you would want to be at the park all day then go to the party?

We have never been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is it worth the price of admission

We went in 2015 and opted to get MVMCP tickets instead of a third general park day. It was about the same price for both options, IIRC, and we're night owls so I wanted to try sleeping in and staying in the park until midnight instead of racing up at dawn. We weren't that impressed by the parade, but getting to loop 4 times on BTMRR and only waiting 45 minutes for 7DMT were the highlights of the night. For us, it was worth it for the short lines because it had been crowded at MK the rest of the week.

IF your family is old enough and has the stamina to be up past midnight, then it is an awesome time!
The parade and special fireworks and shows are so worth it!
The Tomorrowland show with Voice Play was excellent, "free" cookies and hot chocolate, eggnog, or hot apple cider throughout the night...
We almost always go during the holidays and we wouldn't miss the party.
Lines ARE shorter for the most part, you can make up to 3 FPs between 3:30 and 6:30, and admission actually begins at 4 pm. So you get 8 hours of park time for the one price.
Here's a great link:
http://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Thanks for the info

We've done it several times with our kids and had a blast. It's pretty expensive considering you're really just paying for a different parade and shorter lines at rides. The kids love the parade. And seeing it all lit up and snowing while drinking cocoa and eating cookies, really puts you in the Christmas spirit.

Sounds a little cheesy but definitely worth it for my family.

Thanks for the info

We bought the MVMCP tickets even though we will be at MK already that day. We have ten-day park tickets and that day is our tenth day. If we didn't have to use our last park ticket that day we might have just entered the MVMCP at 4pm.

Our other option would be to spend the day before 4pm at another park and then hop over to MK. It might be something we consider last minute if we feel we need more time at another park, but then there's the FP issue. We would lose the ones we'd have planned for MK that morning.

Right now e feel having the extra 8 hours at MK before 4pm will give us a less rushed day at MK (hopefully).

We do it most years. My kids enjoy seeing the "snow" and eating the cookies. We have also done it a few different ways - another park then to MK, MK all day and stay, and MVMCP only. If I can get my airline flights right I like to arrive and then have MCMCP that night. It's a great start to the vacation. If you are a huge autograph / character person there are rare characters that you don't normally get to see. Jack & Sally I believe had a HUGE line last year, all seven dwarfs, etc. For us it's a nice time to go when the kids can binge ride some of their favorites and we don't have to stand in line hardly at all for them to do it. One year it was the obsession with the magic carpets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter