• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Question

vIGAMEIv

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about doing the party this year as we will be there day after Thanksgiving. Is it worth it if we plan to just take advantage of the short lines and ride all the rides numerous times since the crowds will be low?

I was thinking about doing the party this year as we will be there day after Thanksgiving. Is it worth it if we plan to just take advantage of the short lines and ride all the rides numerous times since the crowds will be low?

The lines are not alway low. I would recommend not going to to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party if your are at WDW on vacation. It's just not that much different then the normal day to make it worth while. IMO.

We went once, truthfully I didn't find it worth the extra money to get in. Lines were about the same or a little less then a normal day. But that being said it is worth going at least once...

The lines are not alway low. I would recommend not going to to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party if your are at WDW on vacation. It's just not that much different then the normal day to make it worth while. IMO.

Yeah, we will be there 8 days I was under the impression that the rides were like walk on type deal during the party.Thanks for the feedback

There usually aren't any MVMCP the Thanksgiving week. IIRC they resume the Sunday night after Thanksgiving.

For us it's a must... and have done it the last 3 years with our kids. It's probably not worth the money if we looked at it as a purely financial thing... but it's a wonderful way for us to start the holidays in a purely Disney Way... and I cant imagine ever not doing it. There is something that is just magical about it!!!

I say you have to at least do it once!

We paid for the tickets last year for an early Nov show but it poured the whole night and we missed just about everything. I would like to try it again. My kids really enjoyed the MNSSHP.

Personally I wouldn't pay for the party tickets just for short lines at rides. I would just do an evening EMH for that.
There is a wonderful parade that is shown twice during the party, special fireworks, the whole atmosphere is incredible. I live in Chicago and see lots of snow during the winter but I was like a kid seeing it snow on Main Street! There are special stage shows as well. We had a really great time at MVMCP and it really made me want to do MNSSHP, so I am!

We have gone for many years but it is a lot more crowded than it used to be. We are in the first or sec week of Dec. I love the atmosphere but the increasing crowds are finally making us think ywice about it this year.

Personally I wouldn't pay for the party tickets just for short lines at rides. I would just do an evening EMH for that.

I agree - that's a lot of money to spend just for shorter lines for rides. I go for the shows, parade and Holiday Wishes and if I can get a few rides in, that's just a bonus.

Since we are discussing the party, anyone have any idea when Disney will post the official dates for the party? Trying to help my cousin take her child and I am trying to figure out days to go. Thought since it was a discussion about it here, someone might know when they generally announce such things. Many thanks if anyone can help me. Sorry if I should have asked this elsewhere.

The lines are not really that much shorter for MVMCP then they are during a regular day. In my idea it is something you should do at least once; it was an amazing experience, but not purely for shorter lines; it is not worth it because they are not that much shorter. If you plan on taking part in the festivities it is a completely different story and a wonderful experience.
Magical Wishes :wizard:

Since we are discussing the party, anyone have any idea when Disney will post the official dates for the party? Trying to help my cousin take her child and I am trying to figure out days to go. Thought since it was a discussion about it here, someone might know when they generally announce such things. Many thanks if anyone can help me. Sorry if I should have asked this elsewhere.

I read something yesterday...trying to remember....I think it was dates are released in April and tickets go on sale in May.

We have gone for many years but it is a lot more crowded than it used to be. We are in the first or sec week of Dec. I love the atmosphere but the increasing crowds are finally making us think ywice about it this year.

I have been to this twice last being 2006 and it rained on and off that night but I still enjoyed it and I am planning on doing it again this year and hope for better weather. Last time was after thanksgiving but this time I am going the week before. I would say the lines are not a walk on at all. I go for the shows,parade and the special fireworks show. If I hit some rides all the better but I don't go for that reason. I do try and go on Splash Mountain as it is a different experiance to ride this ride at night. If you have never been than I say you need to go at least once and you can judge for yourself.:santa:

We are planning on attending the party! We will be there the Sun-Wed after Thanksgiving. Looking at last years schedule, parties were usually offered Sun, Tues, and Thurs. We will go to one. We have only done MNSSHP and used it to enjoy the atmosphere and low crowds. I have never done MVMCP but am hoping for low crowds. Usually you can guarantee walk ons during the parade if you are willing to skip the first parade and view the late parade. I am thinking the week after Thanksgiving will have lower crowds compared to each week into December. :confused3

What shows are you talking about during MVMCP? Are they different than the shows during regular hours?

We will be at Disney the week after Thanksgiving and I am undecided if we will do this party or not.

The party is a lot of fun, but I wouldn't recommend going just for the rides. Adding an extra day to a multi day ticket would be a MUCH cheaper way of doing the same thing.

The party is awesome though for the parade, shows and special character appearances!

I read something yesterday...trying to remember....I think it was dates are released in April and tickets go on sale in May.

I think the dates were released in March last year. I'm pretty sure I had them before booking our free dining trip in late March..... SOON regardless.......

We went to the MVMCP on December 8th this past year, and found it was well worth the money if you maximize your time. We aimed for getting there for 4 pm (you can get in as early as 4 with your party ticket), but got there closer to 5. In those 7 hours, we rode Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, TTA, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Teacups, Pooh, PhilharMagic, Peter Pan, & Small World, all with little or no wait. We also ate dinner at Pinocchio's, stopped once for cookies & cocoa, met Scrooge McDuck, and watched Holiday Wishes then stayed to hold our spot for the 10:30 parade. If you plan to stay for the whole party, ride as many rides as you can while the first parade is happening and wait for the second (less crowded) parade like we did, I think the party is totally worth the money.

We were a group of 6 adults, so there are bedtimes to consider if you have young kids that might not make it until the end of the party. Also, since they did away with the Twas the Night show, we weren't interested in waiting to see the new Stitch stage show, so we focused on rides, the parade, and the fireworks. Also, we were staying offsite, so attending EMH for low crowds/wait times was not an option. If you only want to ride rides with no wait and are staying onsite, you'd be better off doing the EMH for free rather than spending $55/person on party tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter