• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

CarolinaBlue said:
Tell you what. I can scan the thing, but I'm not great about getting files online. If anyone wants to take care of that part - PM me a emall address and I'll send you files.

For all who asked about rain.

We were there on the 29th and it started to rain about 10 minutes prior to the second parade, but the show went on without a hitch.

It wasn't a great day weatherwise all day and I checked with the front desk earlier in the day to ask what happens if it rains. The answer I got was the Magic Kingdom in the only one who can answer that, but she believed that it wouldn't be cancelled only the parade and the fireworks would be effected. Well I thought that was a big deal. We got lucky and I hope you do too.

It was a great night and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

One point I'd like to make is that getting your picture taken was a challenge. Too many people not enough venues. The lines were very long most of the night, we went around 11:15 and there was no line at that time (of course we looked like drowned rats because of the rain).

Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Thanks for sending me the scans, I have posted them on my work's site for anyone to download/view. There is two jpg files, the front and back.
http://ces.ca.uky.edu/green/youthdev/mvmcp1.jpg
http://ces.ca.uky.edu/green/youthdev/mvmcp2.jpg

There should be one more scan being sent to me to add the full map and 1/3 of the key. Check back here or add the number "3" to the URL above to get it when I receive it.

salmoneous said:
Tell you what. I can scan the thing, but I'm not great about getting files online. If anyone wants to take care of that part - PM me a emall address and I'll send you files.

We're here now...planning on going to the party Tuesday. Couple of quick questions:

Is Toontown open?? DD loves to ride goofy's barnstornmer

Jungle Cruise isn't open??? Will have to try and do that before 5pm if that's the case.

Surprised to read 1 post saying everything CLOSED in Tommorowland while they were waiting for at least 30mins. I've never heard of that before. Has this happened to others at MVMCP this year? Or was it just an unusual night? That would be the pits.

Can't wait to go!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great teamwork Salmoneous and Boswellnakia in getting the Party Program up for us to see. :cheer2:

Thank you very much for scanning and linking the program, salmoneous and salmoneous! That's great info!

So is it possible to stay in Frontierland during that 6-7 time? For instance, if we were eating at Pecos Bill's or something, could we just stay there? The CMs wouldn't kick us out or anything, would they?

This may seem like a really random question.. but I really, really want some MVMCP merchandise. We're not going until 12/18 and fear they will be sold out.. I thought I may have read on here somewhere that if I show my ticket earlier that day a CM would be able to sell me stuff, is that right?.. Anyone ever tried it?..

I had tried to buy pins earlier in the day than 7pm and was told that they did not have them until that time -that was when you could buy the pins at the Emporium, but now all the pins are sold at the Expo way in the back.

I am trying to get some info for my sister. Her and her fellow flight attendants have an overnight layover in Orlando and want to go to WDW. Are they letting people into the party early (before 6) ? I know for MNSSHP we got in around 5. Will they be able to get tickets for 12/8 at the gate or do they need to order them ahead of time? Thanks for any help

StephSalyer said:
Bought mine in Juy due to this very reason. Like I said before, my family goes to one of the last parties every year and they have all been sold out.

Even though the parties have been sold out, it has all been very manageable. The only long line we have ever waited in was to get our photo done. The picture in 2003 was of such bad quality, we didn't even bother last year. Other than the photo line and the parades, it seemed as if we had the park to ourselves.

The one thing I did notice though was that no matter what time you go to Tomorrowland it always seemed the busiest. Could this be because that is where the holding area has traditionally been and people just get hung there all night??? Hmmmmmm.......... Or is it that Tomorrowland is always busy??

I noticed on Friday night that Tomorrowland was crowded as well, and couldn't figure it out..... in fact after the fireworks EVERYONE seemed to be walking back into Tomorrowland.

I have found after attending 3 XMAS parties and 4 Halloween parties, that the most crowded area seems to be Main Street when folks are lining up for the early parade, but once you get through it the park is great! There was a great line entering the park - we got there about 7:15 from dinner at the Contemporary - I'm used to being in the park early on party nights.

HINT - the late parade is much less crowded. It started at the front of the park, and we had spots right near the candy/hat stores and everything stopped there for a moment - great for picture opportunities! It was nice too, since those leaving after the parade emptied out from the front of the park rather than the folks in the back of the park trying to leave while the parade was still moving up Main St towards the train station ---- Logistically speaking it makes more sense to me! I'm sure they have their reasons for starting the parade at the back of the park too!

Fantasyland was great - 5 min wait for Peter Pan (normal wait always at least 45 min), walk on to Small World, etc. We had to hurry from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland for the Christmas show at the Galaxy Theater and the only "traffic" we encountered was around Merchant of Venus area. We also did Buzz after with maybe a 10 min wait, and due to the coolness of the evening, when we rode the People Mover - there was a fog around the park - I'm guessing because of all the heat near the ground - it was very pretty!

Someone said that they are not sure the extra money is worth some cookies and cocoa (which we never seem to get) and a free picture - which we did wait about 25 min for - but it is the extra holiday spirit in the air! This was the coldest it has been in the three years we have lived here and attended (always been the same week, as my sister visits the same time) - so it was nice to have a chilly nose! This was my 81 year old mother's first MVMCP, so it was extra special! We didn't cover as much ground as we might have, but it was important to my sister and I and my DD that we did this as a family!

It was a wonderful evening, one that I will remember for a long time. It's as Magical of and experience as you make it!

TammyJ said:
Thanks for the great teamwork Salmoneous and Boswellnakia in getting the Party Program up for us to see. :cheer2:

Thanks again guys!!!! I was waiting very impatiently... but, I knew that I could count on disers!!!!

the forecast most of the morning said 80% rain so I went to the concierge and had our tickets switched for Friday 12/2. Of course it cleared up and never rained on 11/29 , lol. We had a very HARD time finding where you take your picture. We stopped and asked several cm's and NONE of them knew what we were talking about. DH was beginning to think I made the free picture thing up, finally got our picture done around 7pm hardly any line at all. The parade was beautiful and so were the fireworks. We missed alot of the other special shows b/c it was our last day there and we were pretty burnt out. We missed the snow on main street, did manage to get some hot cocoa and cookies, which was really yummy. They were checking for wristbands at the beginning of the night, whenever you got on a ride. We stopped to eat at Pecos Bill and that was pretty good.
If anyone has any questions, let me know.

were there any "rare'" characters at the christmas party? ones that usually dont meet and greet on normal park days?

thanks
gail

paslea_pooh said:
the forecast most of the morning said 80% rain so I went to the concierge and had our tickets switched for Friday 12/2.

We went on this night, and had a great time. It was our first one to attend, so I don't have anything else to compare it too, but I thought the crowd level was very minimal. We had our picture made in TomorrowLand next to where THE Incredibles are located. May I just say.....HolidayWishes....AMAZING ! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have 4 tickets for the Christmas party for Dec 18th. Looks like I waited too long and they are all sold out.

Please contact me at...if you have tickets to sell.

ericjgreenberg(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks

Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter