Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

Robert Attieh said:
So if we are going to MK anyway and have a day ticket is it still usual hours including the Christmas Party?
No.

The MK park closes to day-ticket only guest at 6:00pm on MVMCP nights. Party goers are issued wrist bands and ushered into a section of the park from 6pm-7pm while the day guests are ushered out of the park.

Here is a great link about MVMCP. (Also, If you explore the other parts of this website it will help answer most any question you might have.): http://allearsnet.com/tp/hol_mk.htm

Robert Attieh said:
We are going with our 2 year old son. We are not sure which parks to go to yet and how many days we will need but I think MK is one of the places that is recommended for young kids.....Also, any ideas and recommendations for us going with a 2 year old such as # of days you would recommend and what parks for a 2 Year Old.

MK is one of the favorites for toddlers. Lots to do. You'll probably want at least 2 days for that park alone. Just be sure to go back to the hotel during the day to let the little one nap and swim and relax or he'll most likely be too cranky to enjoy much.

AK also has some neat attractions for youngsters. The Festival of the Lion King is GREAT (a must-see for little ones--and adults, too) as well as the Kilaminjaro (sp?) Safari.

EPCOT and MGM don't have as many things to see for the little ones, although the Osborne Spectacle of Lights at MGM is AMAZING...and the little one will LOVE it (it starts around dusk). Here's a link for that (from the same website as above--I love that site!): http://allearsnet.com/tp/h_osb.htm

Also, your questions might be good ones to post on the family board as well. They can probably give you ALOT of suggestions over there, too.

tink2020 said:
If you are only going to go one or the other (although I agree, both times would be ideal ;)) then I would pick March. We're taking a 5 day trip in December (1 shorter than your possible length) and it's soooooooo rushed. I would prefer to go 10 days, even if it means waiting a little longer to go and then a little heavier crowds. Like you mentioned, the crowds will pick up halfway through the December dates anyway.

Good luck, and have fun wherever you decide to go!

Thank you for the feed back. After talking it over with everyone we decided to go in March and stay for 10 days. We have reservations for 5 days at BW followed by 5 at the Swan.

We also agreed to go to MVMCP in 2006. :earsboy:

Enjoy your trip next month. :wave2:

Robert,

Yes, your day ticket is seperate from the MVMCP ticket (special event).

What we did was purchase a park hopper pass and othe MVMCP ticket. On the day of the party we didn't go to the parks we just hung around our hotel and Downtown Disney. We then arrived at WDW for the party around 4 pm.

You are going to have so much fun, it is an incrediable party, well worth the additional payment.
Robert Attieh said:
We are first timers going from Nov.26-Dec.3.

Do we need to buy a day pass plus a party pass?

Thanks

One week from today (right now), I'll be on the plane!!! I can't wait. I've been packing away and checking weather website to figure out how much winter stuff to pack! :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the Christmas party November 29, which is also my 40th birthday celebration! It's been a long time coming! :cool1:

beattyfamily said:
One week from today (right now), I'll be on the plane!!! I can't wait. I've been packing away and checking weather website to figure out how much winter stuff to pack! :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the Christmas party November 29, which is also my 40th birthday celebration! It's been a long time coming! :cool1:

:cool1: :cool1: WHoo0oo--Hoooo!!!
Have a great time, beattyfamily! If you had a Disney Dollar for every post you've made on this thread, your vacation would almost be paid for!

Two weeks for us! :cool1: :cool1:

beattyfamily said:

See you there BeattyFamily---We'll be there in 10 days !! :banana: We're also celebrating DH's 40th birthday at MVMCP on Nov.29.

May 2001-All Star Sports
July 2003-CSR
Nov/Dec 2005-Wilderness Lodge :Pinkbounc 10 DAYS!
Nov. 29, 2005-Our Family's 1st MVMCP :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: 11 princess: 9

wildviper said:
Thank you for the feed back. After talking it over with everyone we decided to go in March and stay for 10 days. We have reservations for 5 days at BW followed by 5 at the Swan.

We also agreed to go to MVMCP in 2006. :earsboy:

Enjoy your trip next month. :wave2:

That sounds like a fun trip! Let us know where you decide to go over the winter holiday too! :goodvibes

erikthewise said:
:cool1: :cool1: WHoo0oo--Hoooo!!!
Have a great time, beattyfamily! If you had a Disney Dollar for every post you've made on this thread, your vacation would almost be paid for!

Two weeks for us! :cool1: :cool1:

:blush: thank you! I do LOVE any thread on MVMCP!

MHTeacher said:
See you there BeattyFamily---We'll be there in 10 days !! :banana: We're also celebrating DH's 40th birthday at MVMCP on Nov.29.

Wow, what a small world! Are you guys eating at MK beforehand? We're eating at the Castle this year. I hope your DH has a GREAT birthday trip!

beattyfamily said:
Wow, what a small world! Are you guys eating at MK beforehand? We're eating at the Castle this year. I hope your DH has a GREAT birthday trip!

We'll be at Disney Studios that day(because that is the birthday boy's favorite park) :goodvibes . We're having a late lunch at WC, and then resting/swimming (?) at our hotel. We'll just grab something during MVMCP.

Hope you have a magical birthday trip! :wizard:

(Copied to MVMCP thread)

Passing on the info: Upcoming Episode on Food Network TV
"Holidays at Walt Disney World Resort-
Come along as superstar Raven enjoys the holidays at Walt Disney World. From Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to the most amazing holiday cake creations, celebrate the season at one of America’s most enchanted destinations. "
AIR TIMES:
November 27, 2005 9:00 PM ET/PT
November 28, 2005 1:00 AM ET/PT
November 30, 2005 8:00 PM ET/PT
December 01, 2005 12:00 AM ET/PT
December 03, 2005 4:00 PM ET/PT
December 04, 2005 5:00 PM ET/PT
December 13, 2005 10:00 AM ET/PT
December 17, 2005 9:00 PM ET/PT
December 18, 2005 1:00 AM ET/PT
December 24, 2005 4:00 PM ET/PT
December 25, 2005 5:00 PM ET/PT

I can wait till these shows air. I'm going to copy the show while my kids are not at home. We are going to WDW from 12/14-20. My kids don't know this. The night before we leave we are going to watch this show during our normal nighttime tv watching to spark the holiday Disney mood. The next morning, we are going to wake our kids and ask them if they would like to go to WDW. I am so excited!

There are so many of us turning 40 at the park this year! The last of the baby boomers!

We will celebrate my ds's 13th on 11/25 then my 40th on 11/30. What a fabulous way to spend your birthday!

boswellnakia said:
I can wait till these shows air. I'm going to copy the show while my kids are not at home. We are going to WDW from 12/14-20. My kids don't know this. The night before we leave we are going to watch this show during our normal nighttime tv watching to spark the holiday Disney mood. The next morning, we are going to wake our kids and ask them if they would like to go to WDW. I am so excited!

What a GREAT idea!!

spot28 said:
(Copied to MVMCP thread)

Passing on the info: Upcoming Episode on Food Network TV
"Holidays at Walt Disney World Resort-
Come along as superstar Raven enjoys the holidays at Walt Disney World. From Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to the most amazing holiday cake creations, celebrate the season at one of America’s most enchanted destinations. "
AIR TIMES:
November 27, 2005 9:00 PM ET/PT
November 28, 2005 1:00 AM ET/PT
November 30, 2005 8:00 PM ET/PT
December 01, 2005 12:00 AM ET/PT
December 03, 2005 4:00 PM ET/PT
December 04, 2005 5:00 PM ET/PT
December 13, 2005 10:00 AM ET/PT
December 17, 2005 9:00 PM ET/PT
December 18, 2005 1:00 AM ET/PT
December 24, 2005 4:00 PM ET/PT
December 25, 2005 5:00 PM ET/PT

Thanks so much for sharing this! We'll watch it as a family before we go!!!

I think these shows will be a great way for us parents who read these boards to find out exactly what our children might be interested in. I realize there will be a few things that my kids will have to suffer through in which they have no interest (like looking at some resorts we have seen a million times just to look at their decorations :rotfl: ). But I can let them pick some things they might like to do. They just don't know that I want to do it all, so what ever they pick will make me happy too.

boswellnakia said:

What an awesome thing to do! DH and I are going to adopt a couple of Korean girls (in a year or two when we have a bigger house). We're already thinking of all the wonderful things we can do for the girls. This sounds like a great idea! Good thinking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter